Notices
ECU Flash

Links to jcsbanks' Speed Density patches

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
cossie1 found that the MAP just plugs into the correct pin (no ECU changes, just appears on the usual MAP sensor logging channel) and you can mount a GM temp sensor in the inlet manifold or wherever you wish.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
japanevo, if your romid from tephra v.10 your MAP should work. Try logging jdmmap.
Are you using GM IAT in your intake manifold?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jcsbanks
cossie1 found that the MAP just plugs into the correct pin (no ECU changes, just appears on the usual MAP sensor logging channel) and you can mount a GM temp sensor in the inlet manifold or wherever you wish.
I second that. Did a swap from MDP sensor with IX 3bar MAP I get correct jdmmap reading from evoscan straight.

John, I can't see MAT calibration xml elsewhere for 90550001. Do you have it?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

MAT - just plug it into the IAT pin on the MAF wiring, calibration is the same I understand.

My IX has factory MAT and MAP sensors, so I haven't had these headaches.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
can we expect this to get ported to tephra's 88840017 v5.5?

the car has no map/bap sensor, but i'm sure it's easy to install it and wire it to the ecu's pin.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:31 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by japanevo
so is it safe to assume then that with 90550001 all i have to do is install an IAT and MAP sensor, the mods are already done. i am having trouble finding instructions on modding that rom for MAP and IAT.
I've never written anything on setting up MAP or MAT for that ROM. cossie1 might be the person to ask about that ROM.
Old Feb 27, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

oh, and if we remove the maf, where will the ecu get the new baro input from for compensation?
Old Feb 27, 2009, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

i dont have IAT yet, i have been looking to see if i can log it first. didnt see a need to set up a bunch of accesories if there wasent a big need for it. i still need to get my hands on a JDM MAP... or a GM MAPiy that works also..
Old Feb 28, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you guys decided where its best to mount the iat sensor yet ? Whether its on the manifold for MAT or on the UICP for IAT ?

Just curious because I ordered a new uicp from TTR and may have them just weld the bung on while its there.

Thanks

Edited:: Wanted to add whether or not if I need to change the xml files back over from the SD patched rom to a non SD rom ? Just wondering because I made a back up either way and wanted to know if it was needed.

Last edited by Evo8Emperor; Feb 28, 2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Not using baro for now. The arguments either way vary, some (including AEM) think that you don't need it on a speed density system. Others think you do because the VE changes due to exhaust pressure. We are waiting for variable altitude drivers to test it. A baro sensor could be mounted in the engine bay and new compensation tables written if required. A more accurate load measurement may well be MAP/baro. OEM system is volume airflow*baro. It is quite complex, and it seems that many aftermarket ECUs and some OEM ECUs don't do baro comp well.

I think the best place for the temp sensor is the inlet manifold, followed by the UICP, followed by the air intake, followed by none at all which does work in some climates!
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

Not using baro for now. The arguments either way vary, some (including AEM) think that you don't need it on a speed density system. Others think you do because the VE changes due to exhaust pressure. We are waiting for variable altitude drivers to test it. A baro sensor could be mounted in the engine bay and new compensation tables written if required. A more accurate load measurement may well be MAP/baro. OEM system is volume airflow*baro. It is quite complex, and it seems that many aftermarket ECUs and some OEM ECUs don't do baro comp well.

I think the best place for the temp sensor is the inlet manifold, followed by the UICP, followed by the air intake, followed by none at all which does work in some climates!
thanks for the clarification.

now back to my original questions :
-when wll this be released for other roms (88840017 for example)
-if my car didn't have a map sensor originally, is it enough to just wire one in to the correct ecu pin, or are other ecu modifications required?
Old Feb 28, 2009, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

Should be enough just to wire it in.

Release for others, not sure yet, and who is doing it. Tephra did Aus 9, mrfred did US 8 and 9, I did JDM 7 and 9. I have been intending to do JDM 8 next, but presently I'm working on some stuff for essevo and others so they don't emulate a MAF on their strokers and big turbos, but rescale it more sensibly, and also thinking about baro corrections for altitude.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

MAT - just plug it into the IAT pin on the MAF wiring, calibration is the same I understand.
Just making sure before i start screwing with my car..... again. I should be able to install an IAT sensor in the manifold and wire it to pin pin 6 on the MAF plug and be GTG? That should be fun... at the moment i have a MAFT gen2 installed. decisions, decisions.
Old Feb 28, 2009, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Don't know the pin, but it should just work plugging into the IAT pin.
Old Mar 6, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
My problem is this: I want to use an AEM 3.5bar MAP sensor for my SD setup using 90550001. I was searching through the ROM code trying to find the voltage scaling for the oem 3.5bar as Mrfred describes in his patch thread and don't see it anywhere. I thought this scaling was necessary for the ECU to interpret the voltage signal and convert it to a correct pressure reading but maybe I am not understanding something. So how is it working with the 90550001 and what do I need to do to get it to work with the AEM sensor?.

Quick Reply: Links to jcsbanks' Speed Density patches