Notices
ECU Flash

ISCV control system disassembly

Old Jan 10, 2014, 09:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
This thread is kinda dead, but I was gonna post to say, I have been working on this topic.

Now Im not a dissembler, so Im not doing any of that. What I am doing is testing the map in different situation in the car with lots of logging and giving more reasonable, detailed labels that are easier to use. Im also working on making new fixes for the V7 cold start high idle and the rev hang, because even though the solution we have now work, I dont think they are the correct way to do those fixes.

Anyways, Ill make a new thread with my findings and my new xmls info for 9417 and 8859 when Im done and Ill post up the link to that thread here.

May take some time. Shop life is busy life. lol.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 08:14 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Cool. Based on what you post, I can offer some explanation of what I think is being done.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have knocked the cranking Idle surge down to about 2000 rpm in my built 2.4L which is acceptable, but when lowering the settings any more the car will surge back and forth badly... one thing that is irritating is that with defrost or AC on it cycles lean every time right along when load increases/decreases for the fan... I have not found a fix for that yet...
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure the only 2 tables that I got for the wrong addresses are

ISCV Demand RPM Adder [rpm > 4500, load > 170, speed > 12 mph] (sub_1EFC0) - Currently 605C

and

ISCV Demand IATS Adder**** (FFFF7C0E) (sub_1F6E6) [sub_1EFC0] - Currently 650E

Does anyone have these addresses for the 9417?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
This thread is kinda dead, but I was gonna post to say, I have been working on this topic.

Now Im not a dissembler, so Im not doing any of that. What I am doing is testing the map in different situation in the car with lots of logging and giving more reasonable, detailed labels that are easier to use. Im also working on making new fixes for the V7 cold start high idle and the rev hang, because even though the solution we have now work, I dont think they are the correct way to do those fixes.

Anyways, Ill make a new thread with my findings and my new xmls info for 9417 and 8859 when Im done and Ill post up the link to that thread here.

Well, I guess that didn't happen.....
Old Apr 12, 2015, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning View Post

Well, I guess that didn't happen.....
Please ressurect this thread so we can find the correct ISCV Tables for the 9417 Map. Please. Need help, need correct tables.
Old Apr 12, 2015, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Raceghost: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...cv-tables.html
Old Apr 12, 2015, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Raceghost: Start-up Fuel and ISCV Tables
Wrong Tables. I'm looking for all the table definitions in the ISCV block.

Last edited by Raceghost; Apr 16, 2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Does anyone know if an Evo VIII ECU will control an Evo V ISCV? The V ISCV is quite different and i'm wondering if perhaps that is why I seem to have no control over it via the ECU.

My idle is very high, 2500rpm or so, and that is with the BISS all the way in and no boost leaks.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
any news Boosted Tuning? this thread has been silent....
Old Jul 28, 2018, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
Im bringing this back from the dead. Im trying to resolve some idle/afr/timing fluctuation issues. I tried setting the biss screw like domy said watching iscv demand trim and i get it to 0% and idle would still fluctuate. Drive around for a while and demand changes. After driving for a while and letting the car idle ive seen it go up to 6%. Idk if this process works.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Your shooting for 7 steps at idle, not a percentage. The stock maps have 7 steps as target once engine is fully warm. Adjust biss until that happens. Idle will still most likely fluctuate, because there are step adders based off of IAT's and coolant temps. If your getting down to zero, the car is struggling to idle correctly and most likely idling high. Also, your throttle body shaft seals might be leaking too, which can cause a few issues. If not, then ignore the comment about them.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
I replaced the seals with milspec a couple years ago and they’re still good confirmed with boost leak test. Yes that what’s happening idle fluctuates. I have it set at 950 and sometimes it’ll drop to about 900 and go as high as 1100. So should I adjust biss with sas to get it down to 7 steps? Also, it says initial steps not target steps. So you’re saying it tried to target the initial steps when it’s warm? Also, it’s hot as hell here and it heatsoaks since iat is in engine bay. Is there a way to make ecu not pay attention to iat sensor when over a certain temp? I noticed when temps are in the 100s car acts stupid.

Last edited by nor11384; Aug 8, 2018 at 03:28 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:44 AM
Evolved Member

I have it set at 950 and sometimes it’ll drop to about 900 and go as high as 1100.
This could be a few things.
So should I adjust biss with sas to get it down to 7 steps?
Use the EVOSCAN SAS actuator, and set the idle to 900 on the nose. Then release SAS and watch what it does. Then log the STEPS within EVOSCAN and see where they are. I believe when everything is heat soaked, the engine shoots for 1000 RPM and step adder adds 18 steps to the target, so 7 + 18 should see around 25 steps logged. If not and you see around 7~15, your ok. Let it idle for a bit and just watch steps in correlation to idle and notate what it does, and report back. You might want to start a new thread, and move a couple of these chats between you and I to there.. That way we dont get off topic of this thread.

I just noticed your "Idle Issues" Thread, posting this there, and lets continue this conversation in that thread.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys bringing this back, I have collected every known iACV table in the universe from left to right messed with every single one and not one will do what im after, so im under the belief im doing something wrong or just still missing a certain table, so problem is in neutral or clutch in decel, rpms will drop down to 500-700 and then come up, i would like to believe that if 25 steps will hold 1000rpm idle then as soon as the engine revs over 2k it would step to 30 or 35 so when the rpm comes down it will fall to 1200-1500 and then decay down to 1000rpm. IPW turns back on at 2k but idle steps wont budge from whatever is the base setting for idle.

i need a solution to this asap and will compensate anyone willing to help or has the proper XML code that im missing, possibly even the "DECEL fuel resume rpm" tables for 8859 and 9417 roms!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ISCV control system disassembly