Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 03:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is awesome!!! Thanks for your hard work and sharing this with the rest of us.

Josh
Old Jul 19, 2009, 04:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great job !!!! One question, is this just for IX's or will it work with VIII's as well?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Was reading all the threads on this all week. This simplified it very well.

Thanks guys!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Does this suppress the throwing of any OBD codes (besides those disabled through other patches)?

Will this be modified in the future so we can pick which readiness indicators say ready and which say not applicable? The reason I ask this second questions is this (...and I will have to do some research to verify as I am going off second hand info for now...): The state of Missouri's smog inspection (St. Lous and surrounding counties) testing is hooked up to a central database. It has been told to me that it keeps track of what your car's readiness indicators (which apply, which do not) and compares to the next inspection. If there are big changes (say last time EGR was not applicable and now it is ready) it throws up a flag.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Actually, you just described exactly what this does: it gives you two tables you can edit, one which defines whether the test is available or not, and one which defines whether it's passed or failed. So, this does exactly what you want.

This doesn't suppress the throwing of codes, however: it only tells the emissions folks what they want to hear. If you're in a location where a CEL will fail you at emissions testing (and you have a visible or stored code), you'll need to rectify that problem as well.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Tested this on my scan tool, all tests came back ok.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by logic
Actually, you just described exactly what this does: it gives you two tables you can edit, one which defines whether the test is available or not, and one which defines whether it's passed or failed. So, this does exactly what you want.

This doesn't suppress the throwing of codes, however: it only tells the emissions folks what they want to hear. If you're in a location where a CEL will fail you at emissions testing (and you have a visible or stored code), you'll need to rectify that problem as well.
As I see it the first table makes ALL the OBD-II tests available whether they apply or not. If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be...happens all the time ) some of the tests normally come up as not available, i.e. they do not apply to this particular model car. If the state of Missouri sees a difference in this configuration (I think...) they throw up a flag that there was a change and invalidate the smogging.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:17 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy freaking crap! Nice job guys!
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteEvo05
As I see it the first table makes ALL the OBD-II tests available whether they apply or not. If I'm not mistaken (and I may very well be...happens all the time ) some of the tests normally come up as not available, i.e. they do not apply to this particular model car. If the state of Missouri sees a difference in this configuration (I think...) they throw up a flag that there was a change and invalidate the smogging.
It makes all of them available, until you set them to "not available". The "Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" table is what lets you set whether they've available or not; set a particular test to "0", and it'll show up as "not available" to an OBD-II scanner.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow....I really gotta figure this all out....
Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by logic
It makes all of them available, until you set them to "not available". The "Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" table is what lets you set whether they've available or not; set a particular test to "0", and it'll show up as "not available" to an OBD-II scanner.
Ahhh...I see now. Sometimes mallet needs to be applied directly to the head.

I did not realize that you could go in to the table and edit individual line items (turn them on and off)...I thought this patch was an all or nothing affair and the table was just there to confirm visually that the patch had set the indicators to available and/or ready.

This is now the single coolest patch to come out of the ECUFlash forum! Though there are a few others hot on it's heels.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome find! And to all involved... Thank You guys! Love this stuff!
Old Jul 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, I wish there was someone local who could show me how this stuff works.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:07 PM

well i took a little while but i finally got this to work and it works perfectly. thanks acamus, mrfred, and recompile you guys have saved me a lot of headaches.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is absolutely awesome news. I can't wait to go for an inspection now so I can stand there and giggle watching my car lie its *** off telling the tester whatever he wants to hear!

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)