Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 09:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
stock dp, cat, exhaust etc... it'll pass the sniffer that way... my aftermarket hfc did once but didn't a couple years later and didn't want to chance it

i have a speed density conversion on my tune... tephra mod with force obdII pass so no check engine lights... was a little worried because sometimes i've heard of them removing the gas cap to see if it throws a light but it didn't happen or wasn't an issue or it threw a light i dunno... i didn't hover over them

i'm using some old ecuflash software like version 1.42.2595; no reason to upgrade as i haven't retuned... from ecuflash... case id: MN132875 Internal ID: 94170015 Inherits: evo7base edu id field is blank

Don't know if you need more info than that; rom has been touched by Al from Dynotune back in the day and more recently Sean from FFTec... i added the teprah mod myself but can't find the settings in the current rom; been a minute since i looked at it; hence the me selling the car thing lol
Old Oct 30, 2014, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smog

That's interesting since the tephra mod is usually set to force pass everything regardless of whether you have it or not. Usually this results in a fail. Are you sure it was an obd test? I'm wondering if it's because cali is just starting the obd testing and doesn't have a database yet of it's own to compare the results to.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

I modified the tephra mod to only pass for the equipment the car has on it... i had failed before when everything was on years ago but it was with a friendly tech who let me reprogram the car while in his shop lol... and yes; it was the new test... in my smog history the name and model of the car is different too; last march it was mistu lancer and now it is mitsubishi lancer evolution awd...and it is on the dmv website as a pass

They didn't use the sniffer; i asked if they did because i didn't hear my car rev and he said it was the new obd-II only test so i am 100% sure this was the new test.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

smog

do you know how many times you can fail before they send you to the gold shield station?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

i had failed twice years ago... that got me on the list; also where i live is an "enhanced" area.. i have now passed three times since then and according to the dmv website i got off the star certification required list after my second pass; these were both two years apart.. '12 and '14

you can check your vehicle smog history on the smogcheck.ca.gov website and it'll tell you if you have to go to a star station

I didn't have to go to one this time but i did as it was close to my place of work; got tested at a star certified station which is the new gold shield equivalent... also passed a sniffer/obdII test at a star station back in march for registration; gotta love a good tune
Old Nov 2, 2014, 08:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Insanity Evo
Does anyone have an updated link or copy of the video from the original post? That link no longer works and I am overdue on smog by over a year.

I just got my Tactrix cable and am currently stuck in the beginning. After I hook my car up and the computer 'Reads from ECU,' I am pretty lost.

ECU: 94170008

Thanks.
Anyone know if there is a link that works to the tutorial for programming this? Or would anyone be willing to help a fellow evo owner please?

Thanks!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 08:33 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone know if there is a link that works to the tutorial for programming this? Or would anyone be willing to help a fellow evo owner please?

Thanks!
Willing to pay now for someone to help me with this...
Old Nov 4, 2014, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

smog

Do you have the cable and ecuflash program already installed?
Old Nov 4, 2014, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hearnoevo
Do you have the cable and ecuflash program already installed?
Yes i have the cable and program installed on my laptop.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 10:45 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 812 Likes on 677 Posts
I have a local CA shop that will let me test readiness codes until I get it right.
Last time I had an issue with the rear O2 not being ready, which is weird seeing how that's like the first thing ever patched LOL
Old Nov 5, 2014, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone have an updated link or copy of the video from the original post? That link no longer works and I am overdue on smog by over a year.

I just got my Tactrix cable and am currently stuck in the beginning. After I hook my car up and the computer 'Reads from ECU,' I am pretty lost.

ECU: 94170008

Thanks.
$75 paypal'd to whoever can walk me through getting this set up!

PM me
Old Nov 5, 2014, 10:07 PM
kaj

$75 paypal'd to whoever can walk me through getting this set up!

PM me
it's a lot to walk through. especially if your car isn't tuned yet.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 12:32 PM
Evolving Member

smog

Ok so I cleared all the CEL in the ecu and applied the patch. I took my car down to the smog place and the tech said my car will not pass because there are two that are saying not ready, the catalyst converter and egr. If I applied the patch with the correct sensors saying available and pass, then why would it not be ready to pass smog?

What do I need to change to make it say ready on those two options?
Old Nov 28, 2014, 03:24 PM
kaj

Originally Posted by hearnoevo
Ok so I cleared all the CEL in the ecu and applied the patch. I took my car down to the smog place and the tech said my car will not pass because there are two that are saying not ready, the catalyst converter and egr. If I applied the patch with the correct sensors saying available and pass, then why would it not be ready to pass smog?

What do I need to change to make it say ready on those two options?

That's the issue I had. Rear O2 never popped up as being ready. Weird.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 08:45 AM

Anyone recomened a shop or someone who can install and load this program, I'm located about 45min North of San Fransico and I will pay well. I'm getting ready to have my car inspected from DMV then I need to get the car smoged. Im guessing you can plug a computer into the OBD2 and find out what codes needs to be patched?

Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)