Notices
ECU Flash

Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)

Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just want to verify, this just sets the tests to ready and pass. If, for example, you unplugged the rear O2, you'd still get a CE light and the code.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Correct, you understand it perfectly. The readiness tests will still show as available and passed, but you'll still have the code to deal with.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by logic
Correct, you understand it perfectly. The readiness tests will still show as available and passed, but you'll still have the code to deal with.
Now, if I switched off the periphery bit to turn off the CE light, would that counteract this patch?

Sounds like I'd be better off just flashing my car with 96530006 and applying this patch to pass emissions.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

The problem with disabling the periphery bit for the rear O2 heater test is that it's not exclusively a rear-O2 disabling change; it disables a bunch of other stuff as well, which ends up causing other problems for most folks.

That's the reason for the other thread that removes the test for the rear O2 sensor (the interesting stuff is near the end for the 96530006 users).

(If you're talking about the rear O2 sensor test itself, that's been rolled into tephra's patches at this point.)
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

The problem with disabling the periphery bit for the rear O2 heater test is that it's not exclusively a rear-O2 disabling change; it disables a bunch of other stuff as well, which ends up causing other problems for most folks.

That's the reason for the other thread that removes the test for the rear O2 sensor (the interesting stuff is near the end for the 96530006 users).

(If you're talking about the rear O2 sensor test itself, that's been rolled into tephra's patches at this point.)
I'm trying to be lazy and get away with not having to run a resistor for the temp sensor when I switch out my rear O2 for the WB. I have all the necessary patches applied to my 96940011 rom, just need to deal with that code.

I'd also like to get rid of the EGR and FP solenoid, but it looks like i'd be dealing with the same issues.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It would be good if someone posted what sensors are available on a stock car. When I went for emissions, I just set everything to available and everything passed.

Obviously our cars don't have SAS and things like that, but it still showed passed on the emissions test statement. I would like to get in line with what it's supposed to be, just in case they check against a database in the future.

So, anyone that hasn't appliedt his patch care to run Scantech or some OBD monitor tool to see what tests are available? I could probably figure it out, but with the naming of the various tests (o2 heater, o2 sensor, etc, etc), it would be nice to just see what everything says stock,
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
It would be good if someone posted what sensors are available on a stock car. When I went for emissions, I just set everything to available and everything passed.

Obviously our cars don't have SAS and things like that, but it still showed passed on the emissions test statement. I would like to get in line with what it's supposed to be, just in case they check against a database in the future.

So, anyone that hasn't appliedt his patch care to run Scantech or some OBD monitor tool to see what tests are available? I could probably figure it out, but with the naming of the various tests (o2 heater, o2 sensor, etc, etc), it would be nice to just see what everything says stock,
My car is still mostly stock. Autozone should be able to test my car correct?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Just use Scantech with your Tactrix cable.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

This is almost like seeing ***** for the first time up close. Awesome work guys.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Monochrome
I'm trying to be lazy and get away with not having to run a resistor for the temp sensor when I switch out my rear O2 for the WB. I have all the necessary patches applied to my 96940011 rom, just need to deal with that code.
Just for grins, I looked up the heater test routine for 96940011, and posted a patch to disable the test, although I still think you should switch to 96530006.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 03:21 AM
Evolving Member

Just for grins, I looked up the heater test routine for 96940011, and posted a patch to disable the test, although I still think you should switch to 96530006.
you're awesome! Thanks.

I'll probably switch roms when I tephra patch my car for switchable maps. Weren't people reporting idle issues though after switching?
Old Jul 21, 2009, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
for some reason my copy of ecuflash is cutting off the second table, which shows the 0/1 values, for the monitor available and monitor passed popup boxes; anyone know why this would happen? it doesn't cut off any other tables that i've pulled up; just these and i'm unable to see what the values are set at; i'm trying this on the 94170015 rom
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
well i found out i needed to add the blobbits scaling definition to the evo7base.xml file

<scaling name="blobbits" storagetype="bloblist" storagebits="1">
<data name="0" value="00"/>
<data name="1" value="01"/>
</scaling>

added that and it displays just fine

wasn't able to get scantech to work with my 1.3u and 2.0 openport cables though so i still don't know what the stock obdII tests are; have to get my car smogged in ca soon
Old Jul 21, 2009, 08:39 PM
Evolved Member

It's important to also remember to enable all the tests in periphery bits again if you previously disabled them. If you don't, even with his patch they show up unsupported and you'll fail.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ No, not anymore.
When developing this patch there were some infant stages of this patch, where we had problems to get it working. Now the patch is fully tested and functional and even proved by "inspection".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Patch: Force OBD Inspection Pass (acamus, mrfred)