Notices
ECU Flash

Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 07:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I planned on building a table based off the values you gave me before but my tephra file is different now, wasn't sure if someone else had a good working rom they didn't mind sharing.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 08:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 92LaserRs
Anyone have stock 1g DSM 450 scaling and latencies?
?what's the best spark plugs for my laser I just put a cyclone motor in it.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristan Sanchez
?what's the best spark plugs for my laser I just put a cyclone motor in it.
ngk br8es copper gapped .21 will do well
Old Jan 6, 2016, 04:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 92LaserRs
Anyone have stock 1g DSM 450 scaling and latencies?
Here ya go stock 450cc latencies
ms

volts
Old Apr 23, 2016, 11:57 PM

How do you turn off codes for having isc removed? We unplugged it for a car that's mainly a track car but still want the cel off so it can be used to flash for knock only.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:40 PM

Hi all

My son and I have 92 DSMs. Their ECUs are crappy, and not easily tunable, and have major problems with the capacitors burning out the rest of the board. We've done the "cap replacements' on every one, and still managed to "recycle" several. Plus, it's hard/expensive to tune them, and the resolution is poor.

So finding threads like this has convinced us to go with this option. However, ACTUAL, EVO8 computers have become expensive and rare. Broke4speed (here) and spooligan (DSMtuners) have used 2002-2004 Lancer/Sonata ECUs and 3G Eclipse with EVO ROMs tuned over them...and they work. Broke4speed says that the Lancer and Sonata computers work very well, but does not say whether or not they control the boost, like the EVO computer does (or is there an Lancer turbo computer that is not an Evo one?). Spooligan says that the pin for controlling the boost (on the 3G Eclipse computer) is missing, and one needs to run a manual boost controller. Does anyone have some insight into this? Also, I would just love to use the TCU side of the AT version of these ECUs to control my AT 4spd auto swap...does anyone have insight into how one would do that?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated (except the guys that want to diss us for having 1G DSMs, or send us packing to the ECMlink forums, as we are pretty tech savy and feel we can tackle this upgrade)...thanks in advance...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by James_Somewhere
Hi all

My son and I have 92 DSMs. Their ECUs are crappy, and not easily tunable, and have major problems with the capacitors burning out the rest of the board. We've done the "cap replacements' on every one, and still managed to "recycle" several. Plus, it's hard/expensive to tune them, and the resolution is poor.

So finding threads like this has convinced us to go with this option. However, ACTUAL, EVO8 computers have become expensive and rare. Broke4speed (here) and spooligan (DSMtuners) have used 2002-2004 Lancer/Sonata ECUs and 3G Eclipse with EVO ROMs tuned over them...and they work. Broke4speed says that the Lancer and Sonata computers work very well, but does not say whether or not they control the boost, like the EVO computer does (or is there an Lancer turbo computer that is not an Evo one?). Spooligan says that the pin for controlling the boost (on the 3G Eclipse computer) is missing, and one needs to run a manual boost controller. Does anyone have some insight into this? Also, I would just love to use the TCU side of the AT version of these ECUs to control my AT 4spd auto swap...does anyone have insight into how one would do that?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated (except the guys that want to diss us for having 1G DSMs, or send us packing to the ECMlink forums, as we are pretty tech savy and feel we can tackle this upgrade)...thanks in advance...

You can add the missing pins , thats what i did and used a 3g eclipse ecu that i got at a local junk yard for 50bucks , you have yo use the EDM rom if using the 1g CAS
Old Apr 26, 2016, 01:14 PM

Hi actech

Could you clarify "add pins"? Does that mean add the wires on the harness, or solder new pins on the computer board (or some other method, please specify)? And, which ROMs would be the EDM Roms? Links and photos would be appreciated. Thank you very much, this is good news!
Old Apr 26, 2016, 04:45 PM

OK...n00b learning curve: EDM=European Domestic Market...got it.

However, where does one find these ROMs? And, are there some out there, one can grab, that is already close to a slightly warmed over 1G DSM SD tune? In other words, has most of the right stuff (disabled inhibitor, close maps to get things going, etc)???

And, clarification of how to add missing pins would be appreciated, as well...

Thank you everyone for sharing...
Old Apr 26, 2016, 06:57 PM

actech

OK, I found out where to download an EDM ROM...it is 96350006...is that a good start?
Old Apr 30, 2016, 02:44 PM

Hi all,

OK, so for I have a couple of 02-03 Lancer computers (my son wants his DSM tuned as well), plug end, OBTII, and flash port form a 3G Eclipse, a 4-Bar MAP sensor, a GM IAT sensor (from Geo Storm), and a new 1.3U cable. I have an EVO8 knock sensor, and a DRS Armor Mil Spec tablet with Windows 7 (1.66 Gig processor, 2 Gigs Ram, 40 Gigs SSD drive, USB port) ordered. I have EvoFlash and EvoScan downloaded, as well as RomRaider and MegaLogViewerHD.

Questions:

1) Do I need to purchase the "license version" of Evoscan to work with the 1.3U, or will the free download version work? I have head that some cable need the pay version...
2) I have heard "rumours" on here, in regard to using RomRaider, and also, MegaLogViewerHD for tuning Evo8 ECUs...does anyone know if that is true, and could they point me in the right direction in regard to getting them up and running?

RomRaider site says it's only for Subarus, and MegaLogVeiwerHD says it can read EvoScan files...some have said it might be better than EvoScan. I am wondering whether either of those (especially MegaLogViewerHD https://www.efianalytics.com/MegaLogViewerHD/ ) may be what I want to run from the get-go?

Feel free to chime in, thank you...
Old May 10, 2016, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by James_Somewhere
Hi all

On club3g balla took an auto ECU and a manual and connected them controlled the auto and programmed the manual with evo software
Old May 14, 2016, 11:46 AM

Hi 3gturbo

That looks like a cool forum, thank you. Are you on there, as well? If so, what is your user name? I am James83501 on that site...just registered last night. Thank you for the tip, it looks like there will be plenty of useful info there. I have most of my stuff for the ECU swap, either ordered, or on it's way. I found one of these rugged, mil-spec, tablets to run the tuning software on:
Amazon Amazon
) to tune these (as opposed to EvoScan), that way I can run a Linux operating system instead of the Micro-sucks OS. Anyone have input for that? ANYONE??? Anyway, I appreciate your input...
Old May 22, 2016, 06:28 PM

Hi actech

I purchased two MR578490 Lancer A/T ECUs (one, each, for my son and I). The A/T ECUs have three rows of pins in four plugs, and they are mostly the same as an A/T Eclipse ECU. Would you know which pins that are missing, that I would need to add in, to control boost? Your input would be much helpful.
Old Aug 12, 2016, 06:26 PM

I've been having a hard time figuring out how to get my nlts working on my evo 8 ecu 1g.

I've wired the cruise control switch to the ECU. I've discovered the ECU NEEDS to see a ground signal on the clutch input wire for the stationary/launch to work.

So right now my launch control works great. However nlts will not activate.

Any pointers?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Evo8 ECU in a 1G DSM in the works!