Notices
ECU Flash

ecuflash 1.42 installed & tatrix cable 1.3 not working

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ecuflash 1.42 installed & tatrix cable 1.3 not working

ok i uninstalled ecuflash 1.41 and installed the lastest version 1.42 and noticed that my tatrix cable no longer works. Noticed during installation that one of the drivers for tatrix was not insatall. And when i plug in the cable it keeps asking me for the driver and when i try to install the driver an error message comes up saying the tha driver is found but unable to install as the driver is not compatible with this platform...WTF???

I'm currently running vista and using agv as virus protection. I tried disabling the anti virus. The cable was working perfectly with ecuflash 1.41. Noticed during installation

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old Jul 27, 2009, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fas-n-furyus
ok i uninstalled ecuflash 1.41 and installed the lastest version 1.42 and noticed that my tatrix cable no longer works. Noticed during installation that one of the drivers for tatrix was not insatall. And when i plug in the cable it keeps asking me for the driver and when i try to install the driver an error message comes up saying the tha driver is found but unable to install as the driver is not compatible with this platform...WTF???

I'm currently running vista and using agv as virus protection. I tried disabling the anti virus. The cable was working perfectly with ecuflash 1.41. Noticed during installation

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Try uninstalling the entire program, delete any folders etc. and re-install, but hook up the cable to the laptop, before installing, (while installing). Hopefully the comp. will find the driver...
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:17 PM

Top left handside of the screen should be a box with a radio button that says tactrix 2.0 and another one that says tactrix 1.3. Check the box for whatever cable you have. Hope this solves it for you.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

same thing happened to me.

I just re-installed the drivers for the cable the next time i plugged it in and it works like a charm now.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Buddlight
Top left handside of the screen should be a box with a radio button that says tactrix 2.0 and another one that says tactrix 1.3. Check the box for whatever cable you have. Hope this solves it for you.
will try this later
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:17 PM

which screen are you talking about? not seeing the box that you are talking about anywhere
Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by LostSolVTEC
same thing happened to me.

I just re-installed the drivers for the cable the next time i plugged it in and it works like a charm now.
still does not work, driver still does not install ,,,,, error message says driver is not intended for this platform
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:17 AM
Evolving Member

still does not work, driver still does not install ,,,,, error message says driver is not intended for this platform
strange, when i plugged my cable in it gave me the option to install the drivers again so i did and it fixed the problem.

in for answers
Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by LostSolVTEC
strange, when i plugged my cable in it gave me the option to install the drivers again so i did and it fixed the problem.

in for answers
well when i plug in the cable, windows automatically detects the new hardware, and tries to install the driver. A window pops up giving me the option of either allowing windows to search for the required driver or for me to manually browse of the driver...with either option windows will not install the driver. a window pops up saying it found the driver but is unable to install the driver as driver is not intended for this platform.

???? what does that mean?

the tatrix cable was working perfectly until i decided to update to this new version.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

well when i plug in the cable, windows automatically detects the new hardware, and tries to install the driver. A window pops up giving me the option of either allowing windows to search for the required driver or for me to manually browse of the driver...with either option windows will not install the driver. a window pops up saying it found the driver but is unable to install the driver as driver is not intended for this platform.

???? what does that mean?

the tatrix cable was working perfectly until i decided to update to this new version.
I just clicked to allow windows to search and it worked fine
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:02 PM

i'm using vista and agv anti-virus protection. not sure if its vista causing the problem..... or may be the agv anti-virus software
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
which screen are you talking about? not seeing the box that you are talking about anywhere
That's for EVOScan, not ECUFlash. ECUFlash should automatically determine which cable you have.