Notices
ECU Flash

ID2000 scaling and latency

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 09:55 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Holy crap, 2000cc injectors idling on pump gas, w/ o2 feedback, that is pretty much awesome!

A local just put the ID2200's in his 'daily driver' but he's on E85 and AEM:
http://mitsustyle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24330
Check the dyno charts on page2, that is 720whp uncorrected on dyno dynamics!

Anyways, are the 1000's any cheaper than the 2000's or 2200's?

Thanks for sharing JB!

Last edited by scheides; Sep 16, 2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Anyways, are the 1000's any cheaper than the 2000's or 2200's?
See here; the 1000s are about half the price of the 2200s.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:14 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Yup, foot in mouth, my bad Price is steep but not aweful. Is anyone running the 1000's? Better/worse/similar to the FIC 1050's?
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I always set my WOT table to what a stock table should look like more or less, set scaling to match, and then adjust latency.

It so happens that the latency ended up as close to identical to the 45psi latency settings that T1/ID ships with the injectors. I updated the tables as well, so the initial settings have changed.
Cool, I keep seeing people that scale using fuel trims at low loads to set global scaling. Just wondering how you go about it.

Good to see that you can pretty much pull the numbers of the sheets provided.

Does IPW, airflow, etc. seem to correlate to them being 2000 cc injectors? Interesting that the 1000s scale as 820-840s and these scale as 1624.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Cool, I keep seeing people that scale using fuel trims at low loads to set global scaling. Just wondering how you go about it.

Good to see that you can pretty much pull the numbers of the sheets provided.

Does IPW, airflow, etc. seem to correlate to them being 2000 cc injectors? Interesting that the 1000s scale as 820-840s and these scale as 1624.
I honestly didnt have time to put it on the dyno and make a pull to see where the IDCs are at now with the ID2000s. Prepping racecars for tonight and the weekend cuts into the "me" time somedays. Based on the idle and cruise IDC I would presume it is exactly as predicted.

On Evo-Tech, one of the guys posted about a 6765 stroker, turning 9100, 39psi on E85, that made 837whp at 76% IDC (50psi base) so thats sounding very accurate.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 03:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is awesome, it ipw is so linear on these new injectors that if you are increasing a 300 hp car to 600 you can multiply by 2 and get darn close to where the fueling needs to be from the tests I have seen.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scheides
Yup, foot in mouth, my bad Price is steep but not aweful. Is anyone running the 1000's? Better/worse/similar to the FIC 1050's?
I went from FIC 1150's to ID1000's. The FIC 1150's would wash out the plugs on gas, it was horrible. On E85 it would still throw a random misfire code. I went to ID1000's and it idled better than stock injectors on gas. On E85 it is absolutely seamless.

My friend went from FIC 1050's to ID1000's after seeing my car. He won't run anything else now. The documentation on the Injector Dynamics website tells the story.

Now, for some reason my friend has a slight warm starting issue on the ID's that he did not have on the FIC's. Funny because my ID's start fine but my old FIC's did not always start fine. I think that the issue may someday be resolved, but it is not the injectors fault. I think it is how the ECU is running code on some cars and/or how the sensors are picking up things during a warm start. Note that many FIC or any other brand injector have hit or miss warm start issues.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
0x,

I have read the thread on warm start issues and to some extent i would suspect its how the map is setup. Its too intermittent on a car that I know is done right though for me to say thats always the issue.

I know what you mean though, some cars, some fuel, sometimes a combination make some of them more likely to be hard start on a warm car. I have wondered if some cars are just more prone to vapor lock because of the injector location to the manifold and or the actual temp of the intake manifold.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I am running the ID1000s with both gas and e85. Startup, warm or cold, is flawless, I'm a big fan of these injectors.
Dan
Old Sep 17, 2009, 06:20 AM
4DR
Evolved Member

0x,

I have read the thread on warm start issues and to some extent i would suspect its how the map is setup. Its too intermittent on a car that I know is done right though for me to say thats always the issue.

I know what you mean though, some cars, some fuel, sometimes a combination make some of them more likely to be hard start on a warm car. I have wondered if some cars are just more prone to vapor lock because of the injector location to the manifold and or the actual temp of the intake manifold.
I read that thread as well regarding warm starts (search: bosch injectors) and I have spoken with Tony @ T1 Racing development who suspects something in the ecu flash. Either way, these injectors seem very impressive. I learned about these from an outside source and decided to check evom for some info and I'm definately getting them......however, they're on backorder. Boo
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 0xDEAD
My friend went from FIC 1050's to ID1000's after seeing my car. He won't run anything else now. The documentation on the Injector Dynamics website tells the story.

Now, for some reason my friend has a slight warm starting issue on the ID's that he did not have on the FIC's. Funny because my ID's start fine but my old FIC's did not always start fine. I think that the issue may someday be resolved, but it is not the injectors fault. I think it is how the ECU is running code on some cars and/or how the sensors are picking up things during a warm start. Note that many FIC or any other brand injector have hit or miss warm start issues.
To clarify - I did have the warm start issue on the 1050's with pump but not E85, on these I have that warm start issue on both fuels but E85 does start slightly quicker but not like yours..

and yes someday there will be a eureka moment and the problem (if i can even consider it a problem?) will go away......I attest to OxDEAD's post that the ID injectors are plain bada** they idle amazing, they are easier to tune, and there will never be another set of injectors in my car ever again.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

0x,

I would agree to that, funny part is i took 0x's rom and just changed the immob. and flashed my car....still had the issue. I have been relentlessly battling the issue for months, and 0x has been helping when he can figure out why. I think we did talk about swapping some stuff to try like ecu, etc - its just figuring out when we have time.

I will say we pulled the injectors that did not warm start well in my car and put them in his and they fired the same in his car as his ID's do so that 100% rules out the injectors imo. Its just a case by case basis I think and again someday we will figure it out....but im so used to it now I barely even care.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I wonder if Mitsubishi did a mid production change on the injector drivers or something.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:12 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone tried swapping ecu's to see if the problem follows the ecu or the chassis?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tony1
Has anyone tried swapping ecu's to see if the problem follows the ecu or the chassis?
That is what 0xdead and I plan to do.....but we live 4.5 hrs from each other but are from the same hometown so its a matter of us getting the time and both being around at the same time.

I think he is planning a trip to the burgh for auto-x so we will probably do it that weekend.

Quick Reply: ID2000 scaling and latency