Notices
ECU Flash

ECU ROM mod - double the "Fuel Cut Load Limit" range to 638

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to add load columns to the fuel/timing maps for the guys now pushing serious loads on street cars? Thats one of the only major differences between the AEM guys and the stock ECU's guys these days.
I would love to get the fuel and timing resolution of the X. I think fuel could use more RPM resolution as well.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jack_of_trades
just out of curiosity, is it possible to add load columns to the fuel/timing maps for the guys now pushing serious loads on street cars? Thats one of the only major differences between the aem guys and the stock ecu's guys these days.
+1
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Just out of curiosity, is it possible to add load columns to the fuel/timing maps for the guys now pushing serious loads on street cars? Thats one of the only major differences between the AEM guys and the stock ECU's guys these days.
This thread is getting way off track. :-) But, yes it is possible. Can't say off the top of my head whether its feasible. I'd have to look in the ROM at what's on either side of the major tables. I guess before I dive into something like that, do you really think it would be helpful? What size RPM and load interval do you think would be beneficial over the stock intervals?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
This thread is getting way off track. :-) But, yes it is possible. Can't say off the top of my head whether its feasible. I'd have to look in the ROM at what's on either side of the major tables. I guess before I dive into something like that, do you really think it would be helpful? What size RPM and load interval do you think would be beneficial over the stock intervals?
IMO we only need maybe another 2 or 3 RPM coloums.

As for load, I know some on here are already hitting 480+ load, so maybe another 5-10 load sites ontop of what we currently have ?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anything over stock would only help, not hurt. At least 3-4 more load columns would be awesome. I guess a few more RPM rows would be very helpful for the built engine guys running up to 9k+ RPM these days. I'm sure everyone would be happy with whatever was feasible though.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It may be easier for tephra to incorporate this into his altmaps. I'm pretty sure he uses the same axes for the altmaps and stock maps, but if that were changed, adding more columns should be trivial I would think, since he is already creating the alt maps in unused space in the ROM. So, making the table bigger shouldn't be an issue. Of course, you would have to run that by tehpra to be sure, as I am just assuming.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
It may be easier for tephra to incorporate this into his altmaps. I'm pretty sure he uses the same axes for the altmaps and stock maps, but if that were changed, adding more columns should be trivial I would think, since he is already creating the alt maps in unused space in the ROM. So, making the table bigger shouldn't be an issue. Of course, you would have to run that by tehpra to be sure, as I am just assuming.
Since tephra does away with all the 1,2,3 maps, that frees up some space in the main data storage space. However, there no 1,2,3 fuel map, so the fuel map may have to be moved to another location in ROM. Its all doable. Perhaps I should get with tephra before he goes final on his v7.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

mrfred, have you had a chance to look at the load limit of 90550001 yet ?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I added a thread to discuss the map resolution topic here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ml#post7556777

Lets keep that topic separate from this one so MrFred's thread doesn't get off topic too much
Old Sep 29, 2009, 12:58 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by cossie1
mrfred, have you had a chance to look at the load limit of 90550001 yet ?
Not yet. I may not be able to get to it until Thursday evening.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Ok mate, no probs
Old Sep 29, 2009, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Since tephra does away with all the 1,2,3 maps, that frees up some space in the main data storage space. However, there no 1,2,3 fuel map, so the fuel map may have to be moved to another location in ROM. Its all doable. Perhaps I should get with tephra before he goes final on his v7.
I don't like feature creep. And especially not in the final testing phase of a release, as doing things properly then means all features have to be re-tested again on all platforms. Many people have been waiting for an official version of V7 for a long time, and since it's finally now almost done (thank you to all involved!!), I'd recommend any new features get integrated into a patch release and/or the next official version.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
Thanks Mr.Fred ...So the new Fuel Cut Load X 2 will replace the previous used table that max'd out at 318? Just delete the old table out of the ROM XML file or would you just "0" out the values instead?
Old Sep 30, 2009, 01:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by whtrice
Thanks Mr.Fred ...So the new Fuel Cut Load X 2 will replace the previous used table that max'd out at 318? Just delete the old table out of the ROM XML file or would you just "0" out the values instead?
The new table uses the same data storage space as the old table, so zeroing out the old table would do the same thing to the new table. :-) Deleting the old xml is the way to go.

Quick Reply: ECU ROM mod - double the "Fuel Cut Load Limit" range to 638