Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have sent the donation for patching 96260007 at 1July, but no receive any response yet from tephra. his private message is full, how to contact him??

My paypal email address is yk41310@gmail.com
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:16 AM

In the same boat, sent mine on the 18th of June.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 11:58 PM

Hi all, sorry I am late to the party! Today is my first experience with EcuFlash, coming from 2G ECMLink. My IX MR is stock other than a catback, ECU is currently on stock 88590015 ROM, and I want to use the 88590715-Recompile ROM. I have watched all of Recompile's tutorials, and from them I have now accomplished these activities on my own several times:
  • Use EcuFlash to read/write/compare ROMs
  • Make changes to rommetadata XMLs
  • Compare several opened ROMs, and port values/maps from one ROM to another.
  • Implement the OBD inspection patch and flash to my ECU
  • Datalog my stock ROM

Now I have a few questions as I'm exploring the 8859 Tephra v7 + Recompile ROM:

I drive between 5000 and 9500 feet, and I am confused by this notice on Page 1:
"- both Fuel AND Timing use the same Load that the Fuel maps would normal use (ie Load_Baro_n_Temp_Compensated), please keep this in mind for high-altitude tuners"

For my wide altitude variety, does anything need changed to keep stock-like behavior? I don't want driveability issues under mountain conditions where I'm frequently gaining and losing thousands of feet.

I also would like to know how tweak a few of the Recompile mods. Are there any reasons I should not (or do not need to) "undo" the items marked in red?

Originally Posted by phenem
Option 2 - Thanks to recompile 88590715 (v7 + Mods)
  • Setup for JDM MAP and PSI based boost control (mrfred)
  • WGDC Correction Interval set to 1 (Stock = 10)
  • Max Total Upward WGDC Correction @ 100% TPS set to 0 (Stock = 10)
  • EGR System Disabled (mrfred)
  • Max Timing Retard set to -20 degrees (tephra)
  • FAA bit.10 disabled ("weird unknown" timing pull at cruise)
  • FAA bit.09 disabled (cat-warmup ignition retard)
  • FBA bit.00 disabled (lean spool)
  • FCA bit.09 disabled (EGR Test)
  • OBD Inspection set to Pass all tests (acamus)
  • Rear O2 Heater patch applied (mrfred)
  • Fuel Cut Load Limit x2 and set to 300 (mrfred)
To undo the red items is it simply a matter of...

EGR enable
Code:
"EGR System Enable/Disable" = 1
FAA bit.11 = 1
FCA bit.09 = 1
Cat warmup enable
Code:
FAA bit.09 = 1
Lean Spool enable
Code:
"Lean Spool Stop RPM" = 7000
FBA bit.00 = 1
...or is there more to it than that?

Finally, boost control:
I am fine with stock boost for the time being, unless I can get more boost from the stock system through software alone. Can I get more boost on a stock setup without a MBC or MAP/Solenoid upgrade?
If keeping stock boost, do I just leave all the Global Boost tables alone?

Very good stuff, EcuFlash and Tephra developers, and thanks to all the community!

Last edited by jsmcpn; Jul 12, 2015 at 12:49 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 02:24 PM

Hi. I have an evo 9 rs it's currently stock just put a milltek exhaust and Bov Which map can I use currently it's ausdm map.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by StrafeBink
In the same boat, sent mine on the 18th of June.
another accompany here on 15th July. Hope he notice our donation soon.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, if tephramod is flashed to an ecu, does it permanently alter the ecu? The reason I ask is because I had a friend who looked at my map then changed it and at the same time loaded tephra mod. I like the low end torque of my previous tune for autocross so I reloaded my original map then go and start the car and it revs once then dies. My car's motor is bone stock. I have a cone filter, 3bar, and licp.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Luckystryke
Hey, if tephramod is flashed to an ecu, does it permanently alter the ecu? The reason I ask is because I had a friend who looked at my map then changed it and at the same time loaded tephra mod. I like the low end torque of my previous tune for autocross so I reloaded my original map then go and start the car and it revs once then dies. My car's motor is bone stock. I have a cone filter, 3bar, and licp.
maybe you missed your immobilizer code, double check that
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by sandman121383
maybe you missed your immobilizer code, double check that
Yeah that's a good approach. Thanks! Would the immobilizer code be contained in the old map?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Luckystryke
Yeah that's a good approach. Thanks! Would the immobilizer code be contained in the old map?
If you made a backup of your factory ROM before going to tephra, yes it will be in there.

as far as your maps go. did you rescale them correctly? you have to make sure that they are correct as well. look at key RPM and load points for matching numbers, keep in mind that the scalings are different. so check your fuel and ignition maps. stay on the conservative side and do some logging until you get things sorted out.

tephrav7 has alternate maps, so if you set it up correctly you can have an "autocross" map and your "daily" map if you so choose. so thats something to think about. good luck
Old Jul 21, 2015, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by sandman121383
If you made a backup of your factory ROM before going to tephra, yes it will be in there.

as far as your maps go. did you rescale them correctly? you have to make sure that they are correct as well. look at key RPM and load points for matching numbers, keep in mind that the scalings are different. so check your fuel and ignition maps. stay on the conservative side and do some logging until you get things sorted out.

tephrav7 has alternate maps, so if you set it up correctly you can have an "autocross" map and your "daily" map if you so choose. so thats something to think about. good luck
Ok thanks. I'll give your suggestions a try as soon as i get back to my car. Thanks again and I'll update you as soon as i test it out.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 09:12 PM

I'm thinking I stumbled across a problem with the 88590715 XML's.

in the original post for OBDII Inspection patch.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...us-mrfred.html

it lists
"Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch Part 2" as address="3a922"
and
"Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" as address="3a923"

However in the V7 XML's
it lists
"Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch Part 2" as address="3a926"
and
"Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" as address="3a927"

With the v7 settings my readyness was always messed up, always showing everything as not supported no matter what the settings.

I corrected the what I think is in correctly addressed 3a926 back to the stock setting of 0x2BA1 and Now that i edited the xml and put in the settings from the original patch, it is working as intended...
Someone else more inclined may be able to shed some light on this.. But I figured I make a contribution with what I found.

Last edited by littlewack; Aug 16, 2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old Aug 17, 2015, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
96530006 periphery bit for idle test

Can anyone tell me which periphery bit this guy is talking about? I have the same issue where I get the p0505 code after about 2 -3 hours. And off =0 right 1 =on?

snip

Just to add my experiences with 96530006. The only adjustments I made was change in immobilizer code and brought boost to 21psi. I received a p0505 CEL. I cleared the CEL and modified the periphery bit to disable the idle test. I have been driving it this way for about a week.

Yesterday I was driving and decided to turn on my AC. When I came to a stop, the car died. It could not idle with the AC running.

Today I adjusted the BISS using evoscan. I brought Idle to about 775 from around 500 or so. It was so low that the second and third time I clicked the button for SAS in evoscan the car died. I used the tach on my timing light to verify the adjustment I initially made using the tach in the car.

AC works at idle now. I reset the periphery bit. I let everyone know if the p0505 comes back.

snip

Reason is i get the same code but really want to use the 96530706 v7 for the better gear based boost control and big maps. So if anyone can post the correct MUT disabling the p0505 for this 96530706 v7, that would be fantastic

Last edited by WRC-LVR; Aug 17, 2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
No need to disable it. I think your idle is just too low if you increase it with evoscan you won't get the code anymore. I had the same issue when the tuner switched my rom to tephra. My car can idle now with AC on or off in any temperature and not surge. You may have to adjust it again for cold weather.
Old Aug 18, 2015, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Just installed a new turbo kit , waiting for injectors to arrive.. so i decided to apply these settings with stock 560cc injectors. ROM in use is 96530706 on e7 ecu. Tried flash v7 90550701 bt the car didnt start.

Kept lowering the scaling till 463 when the WOT AFRs matched AFR MAP with a difference of .5 or less.
Fine tuned it with MAF compensation table. The idle STFT is ranging from -1.4 to -3 while cruising stft hovers bwtween +4 and +9. There are couple of things which i noticed that aren't right.

1. Car takes 3 cranks at cold start and 2 cranks when warm, [ which table needs to be adjusted, cant figure it out
2. Starts up rich AFR 13 then goes to 10.5 then after 4 minutes comes back to 14.7 -15.2
3. 4th gear, cruising , part throttle car in vacuum hitting 11 AFR.
4. Is is this particular rom has some embedded issues in it ?

Which tables i need to adjust in this rom to get it IDLE, CRUISE better and get rid of this crappy cold start issue???

I want to try out 90550701 v7 but i think the xml isnt right. Any one has the updated xml for this rom ???
Old Aug 19, 2015, 06:31 PM
Evolving Member

the "code" boxes with xml to add to evoscan are not displaying correctly in the OP , can this be fixed? or can the info be reposted?

Quick Reply: TephraMod V7