Notices
ECU Flash

TephraMod V7

Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just for kicks, anyone happen to have the Evoscan formula for logging boost off the Omni 4 bar in kPa instead of psi? I keep confusing psi and kPa in my logs lol.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:51 PM
LCS
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Too bad mine is a Euro VII.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:48 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kaymin
Uhm. So whenever ecuflash saves my V7 rom it changes it a 9694**** or whatever instead of keeping it in the same 965**** that all the evo 8s are supposed to use. So everytime I save, I lose all my tephra stuff and my maps and everything.. Makes no sense
It makes perfect sense, for some reason you are copying your rom ID value into the V7 rom. Stop doing the thing that makes your problem and you won't have one! I ran into someone else doing that a couple of days ago also.

Originally Posted by Creamo3
I'm seeing this same issue; I did a fresh EvoScan install and only added the definitions in the second post (MAT as well) and get the error. I'll see if I can troubleshoot it down to which XML addition is causing the error.

That reminds me; I should check to see if Maptracer works w/ the BigMaps.
It does, see the other bunch of posts in this thread about it.

Originally Posted by D-VO
That's pretty damn sweet though! What I'm still trying to figure out is: What is the difference between changing the settings on the MAF compensation table compared to changing it on the MAF scaling table? It looks like they're the same except for the part of the formula you edited. I would think that if they are in fact the same then both tables would change when one value is edited, but it doesn't.
As we understand it, MAF scaling was intended as a representation of "expected value". Maf Compensation is there to correct that where expected value meets real world. Ergo, correct with MAF Compansation. There is a whole thread on this (the MAF Scaling thread).
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OHHHH! Thank you that makes SO much more sense!
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
am I blind or something I thought I seen the code for "Thermo Fan Duty" for rom 96533706. I searched but came up short
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:47 AM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by bnice01
am I blind or something I thought I seen the code for "Thermo Fan Duty" for rom 96533706. I searched but came up short
You are likely blind, take a better look.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am moving into my new house tonight so once I get all of the stuff unloaded I should have time to finish up the XML's .....finally.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the reply fostytou. The next question is: When launching my test car using the launch map with the psi ecu based boost control, I've noticed first gear only holds 12 psi; the boost is normal in first gear without a launch. Also, 5th gear is only holding 12 psi. I've got the "RPM/Speed to gear" set up using the settings found on MRFred's thread, though I don't think I need it since its not in blue. Any idea what I might be missing?

*EDIT* BTW, is anyone else having issues logging 1-byte load? I'm getting errors that showing load in the 20's when I'm under full boost for about 6 cells.

Last edited by D-VO; Oct 27, 2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: *EDIT*
Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
rainbow map looks dark.....how do we brighten up the colors for better contrast????
ECUFlash > File > Options > Default Color Map >> set to "sunshine"

Almost the only always readable color map. No idea why they did that.

Originally Posted by Routybouty
I added the Evoscan stuff to the data.xml and now when I go to "Logging > Edit Data Item List" it gives me a "Index was outside the bounds of the array" error message. What's the deal with that?
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I get that all the time and its super annoying. What IS the deal with that? I thought it was from an error in the XML file but I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
fostytou is correct; arrays hold stuff. an index outside of the array means you have more stuff in a place than it should. likely, you have a definition you added at the bottom of the file instead of inside the "mode2" area for mitsu stuff. modding the evoscan files isn't the same as ecuflash files, and can confuse people i'd advise start with a fresh copy and try again, but make sure you're pasting only the correct portions, and in the correct place.

Originally Posted by fostytou
Something is wrong in your XML, couldn't tell you what though

Start with a fresh copy and only move over stuff you need.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:19 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by D-VO
Thanks for the reply fostytou. The next question is: When launching my test car using the launch map with the psi ecu based boost control, I've noticed first gear only holds 12 psi; the boost is normal in first gear without a launch. Also, 5th gear is only holding 12 psi. I've got the "RPM/Speed to gear" set up using the settings found on MRFred's thread, though I don't think I need it since its not in blue. Any idea what I might be missing?

*EDIT* BTW, is anyone else having issues logging 1-byte load? I'm getting errors that showing load in the 20's when I'm under full boost for about 6 cells.
Why not log and make sure your settings are correct? They snap to the nearest gear, so if they are not close it may work incorrectly. It is possible you are snapping to the 0 or 2 column if it is set incorrectly. Just log it and set it properly if you want it to be right...

1st gear might not have enough time/load to build up alot of boost, but it should be higher than that. Make sure your boost adder is set properly also. 5th should have enough time to build that boost so it is possible you are snapping to the settings for 6th. If you have a 5 speed you can set the ratio for 6 to 0.

Are you exceeding the upper limit of your 1 byte multiplier? (255*1.2 = 306 default) If so it will wrap.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jba3
fostytou is correct; arrays hold stuff. an index outside of the array means you have more stuff in a place than it should. likely, you have a definition you added at the bottom of the file instead of inside the "mode2" area for mitsu stuff. modding the evoscan files isn't the same as ecuflash files, and can confuse people i'd advise start with a fresh copy and try again, but make sure you're pasting only the correct portions, and in the correct place.
Originally Posted by Routybouty
I thought maybe I hit the max number of items to be in the list box so I deleted some I'd never use and still had the error. Oh well at least there are ways around it.
Like I said I deleted some unused items in case there was a limit of the index. Evoscan works and logs everything correctly. I just can't get that window it brings up from that menu. I can get around it and so I don't really care. Maybe I'll start with a fresh one some day.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 06:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by YaroRS
I tried SD v7 rom and I am having a bit of trouble. Manifold Air temperature (connected to fuel temp input, pin 77) logs for some reason as 3A request, not 09 as it supposed to be, and 09 request shows some rubish. 3a request doesnt work correctly. It shows -7 when the temperature is +4, when it is +8 it shows in evoscan 0 degrees celcius. Checked the impendace of the sensor and it correct, so the sensor is working. Checked the voltage coming from ECU and it is 4.7 volts instead of 5. (To figure out what sensor shows temperature I disconnected the plug from MAT sensor and the temperature droped immidiately to -65 degrees)

Guys, can you help me with this ? What have I done wrong ? Anyone having the same problem as me ?
Can anyone confirm that the SD MAT tables are pre-populated w/ the correct information? My logged MAT temps in EvoScan are way off: logging 17*F when ambient is 50*F
Old Oct 27, 2009, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone confirm that the SD MAT tables are pre-populated w/ the correct information? My logged MAT temps in EvoScan are way off: logging 17*F when ambient is 50*F
Did you change the MAT bit to pull temps from the IAT sensor AND change the MAT table scale to match the IAT sensor?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by phenem
Did you change the MAT bit to pull temps from the IAT sensor AND change the MAT table scale to match the IAT sensor?
I didn't change the bit as it's default to use the fuel temp input which is what my GM IAT sensor is wired to. I'm wondering if all the MAT tables need to be changed or if they are pre-populated w/ the correct information (from your base bin/hex file) to log intake temps. If the table values need to be changed, what are the correct values to populate the tables with (96530006?)
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I didn't change the bit as it's default to use the fuel temp input which is what my GM IAT sensor is wired to. I'm wondering if all the MAT tables need to be changed or if they are pre-populated w/ the correct information (from your base bin/hex file) to log intake temps. If the table values need to be changed, what are the correct values to populate the tables with (96530006?)
Read my second post under VERY IMPORTANT, there is a link to jcsbanks SD patches and in there mrfred has the values you need to change them to. I changed everything over to run off the fuel temp sensor but not use the GM IAT sensor for temps, so you need to change the scaling.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TephraMod V7