launch maps - Page 2 - evolutionm.net



launch maps

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:39 PM   #16
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Creston, Iowa
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by recompile View Post
This isn't thoroughly tested, but seems to build 15+ psi rather quickly. Using Timing Retard Limit mod to get -20. Stationary rev limit is at 6500
Care to share what number value your using with the timing retard limit mod to reach -20?
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 08:35 PM   #17
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (30)
 
project_skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,528
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 03 EVO VIII

Actually this was a feature in V6.

My main interest is building boost and then transitioning to the main maps without tons of knock that would affect timing post launch.

Nice to see this thread has gotten some interest now. I'll post mine after I log results from it to compare.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:15 PM   #18
Evolved Member
 
crcain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 2,788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: vi rs

If a stock power Evo can spin the tires... what would a big power Evo do with a ton of boost out of the hole? Isn't traction the issue for most people, not more power?

I've always dialed in NO ignition retard on my launch control settings with my autronic sm4 our of fear of breaking drivetrain parts. I get 1.6's with a 1.5 here and there. I even use a relay to my boost control solenoid to get less boost before a certain vehicle speed. So wanting to leave from 0 mph with a ton of boost seems odd to me. I'm sure if the drivetrain holds together and your on slicks and a well prep'd track you might cut a 1.3 or sumpin but is it worth the harrasment unless your a shop car?
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2009, 09:39 PM   #19
Evolved Member
 
rolly1818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drives: 2006 JDM Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcain View Post
If a stock power Evo can spin the tires... what would a big power Evo do with a ton of boost out of the hole? Isn't traction the issue for most people, not more power?

I've always dialed in NO ignition retard on my launch control settings with my autronic sm4 our of fear of breaking drivetrain parts. I get 1.6's with a 1.5 here and there. I even use a relay to my boost control solenoid to get less boost before a certain vehicle speed. So wanting to leave from 0 mph with a ton of boost seems odd to me. I'm sure if the drivetrain holds together and your on slicks and a well prep'd track you might cut a 1.3 or sumpin but is it worth the harrasment unless your a shop car?

that video is hilarious! only in the caribbean!!!!

i want to test this - negative timing VS standard timing (8-10*)

some people say the retard is better others say the other.

i need V7 to test though i hate the knock the settings generate!
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:07 AM   #20
Evolved Member
iTrader: (38)
 
recompile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Posts: 1,744
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: '06 Evo IX, '00 Camaro Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Moore View Post
Care to share what number value your using with the timing retard limit mod to reach -20?
255/255 works for me on the IX ROM. As you can see, it builds 13 psi in less than a second

Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2009, 04:57 AM   #21
Evolved Member
 
hediki12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: mnt vernon ny
Posts: 522
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 95 taln tsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by recompile View Post
255/255 works for me on the IX ROM. As you can see, it builds 13 psi in less than a second

...... wow ur cars moves 1257 hz of air @ 4687 rpm...... thats what my car does by red line. lol!!!! i realy need a new turbo... i hate this stock t25..
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 10:41 AM   #22
Evolved Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Appauldd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern KY near Cincy
Posts: 2,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: 2003 Mitsu EVO (white)

Logic....I followed your trend and made my launch maps. I have an FP Green and Revolvers so I had to tweek the fuel launch table too. I will post pics here soon.

Paul
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Evolved Member
iTrader: (4)
 
bnice01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
Posts: 688
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Meth Injecting 2 Stepping VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by project_skyline View Post
Actually this was a feature in V6.

My main interest is building boost and then transitioning to the main maps without tons of knock that would affect timing post launch.

Nice to see this thread has gotten some interest now. I'll post mine after I log results from it to compare.
Just curious since I have no way of testing V7 since I am deployed but is there a retard timing limit in tephra v7?
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 12:21 PM   #24
Evolved Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (30)
 
project_skyline's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,528
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: 03 EVO VIII

Yes, recompile just removed it on his maps I believe.

My comment was in reference to launch maps which were in tephra V6.

I can't comment on V7 i haven't yet loaded it into my car yet, i will today.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 03:49 PM   #25
Evolving Member
iTrader: (16)
 
Routybouty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 346
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Sold Evo IX, 2011 S1000rr, WW 03 VIII

I wonder if the recover time is in a table somewhere. If we could lessen the time it waits before resuming power again I bet we could get some nasty boost quick!

On another note if I just get on the 2-step and then let off without launching my idle will stumble for a bit. It drops maybe 200rpm or so for about 10 seconds. My launch maps are identical below 3500rpm. With V7 that is.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:42 PM   #26
Evolved Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Appauldd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern KY near Cincy
Posts: 2,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: 2003 Mitsu EVO (white)

As promised.....blurry for a reason.

Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:14 PM   #27
Evolving Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Creston, Iowa
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Drives: Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appauldd View Post
As promised.....blurry for a reason.

I would smooth out the fuel map more if it was mine.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:44 PM   #28
Evolved Member
 
rolly1818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drives: 2006 JDM Evo IX

y not change the entire map to the desired AFR and timing?

it is not gonna affect your pull off if u set the parameters correctly.
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2009, 09:48 PM   #29
Evolved Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Appauldd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Northern KY near Cincy
Posts: 2,408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Drives: 2003 Mitsu EVO (white)

To change the entire map wouldn't allow for smooth transition in fuel and timing. I believe that by doing that you may induce knock.

Remember....RPM has to increase to the set 2 step setting. Wouldn't you want it to do so smoothly and effectively?
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2009, 05:38 AM   #30
Evolved Member
 
rolly1818's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trinidad
Posts: 1,507
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Drives: 2006 JDM Evo IX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appauldd View Post
To change the entire map wouldn't allow for smooth transition in fuel and timing. I believe that by doing that you may induce knock.

Remember....RPM has to increase to the set 2 step setting. Wouldn't you want it to do so smoothly and effectively?
ohhhhh...good one....
Offline
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tephra 7 Alt Maps/Launch Maps issue Raceghost EcuFlash 1 Nov 16, 2016 08:53 PM
launch maps tephramod unfocus15 Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums 0 Apr 22, 2015 07:50 AM
launch map issue - car stalls stunt2 EcuFlash 9 Nov 11, 2014 05:16 AM
tephra launch maps awdordie EcuFlash 33 May 18, 2014 08:17 PM
stationary rev limit issue tuning launch maps 211ratsbud EcuFlash 2 Nov 27, 2012 08:06 AM


Tags
96532706, activate, control, ecu, evo, evom, fuel, lanch, launch, map, maps, mitsubishi, stock, tephra, v7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:17 AM.


 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send