Notices
ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Once I get the 94170715 stuff all done...I will switch back to 9653 and give this a shot.

Thanks for the input.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
paul.. the source code will be available... actually available to anyone if they ask nicely. i think eric has a copy of older version. it is now quite big though and a little on the messy side.

plus i am happy to add new features if requested.

as burnsy said... with the base xmls included in the download, and u downloading one of the live map 9653x7 based rom from V7 thread, it will work no questions asked.

obviously there are a few more things that can be done... one is increasing of the ram MUT Table. currently it has a capacity of 16 requests.

with livemapping/dma John Banks used the onboard DMA controler to read and write data from the ecu. it is heaps faster than normal mut... logging 25-30requests per command i get approx 30-33 sets per second... that is over 700 requests back per second.... makes for bloody long csv files.... i did a test logging 64 items at a time and got over 1200requests per second back.

further the DMA controler can also be used to read and write ign/fuel/boost/SD maps. as long as they have been moved to ram.. which the pre-patched roms let u do.

since the tables are in ram the data is lost if battery power is lost... but u can copy them to ecuflash if u want once u are "done" tuning. and the changes are instantaneous like an aftermarket ecu.

NOTE: On Evo8s/7s after a reflash u need to rest DEAD to refresh the ecu ram... this is a bug from ecuflash where it does not overwrite the whole ram like it does on the Evo9 ecus.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ziad makes a good point about DMA. Not only do you get live mapping as described, but you get DMA logging, which is much faster than MUT logging.

Also, with the LiveMap app, you can easily log different RAM variables on the fly as well.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

I opened it up to see what all it does. Quite impressive to say the least.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Bingo, DMA logging is the killer application of this for me; live editing of tables is a nice-to-have, but that sample rate will put a smile on your face every time.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Location: Lattitude 48.38°, Longitude 17.58°, Altitude 146m = Slovakia, for common dude
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice, now I need to port jcsbanks' DMA protocol to my ROM
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Using XP, the application doesn't run. Gives me a "send error report" as soon as I click on the icon. Any ideas?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

You may need .net installed if you don't have it.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 11:52 AM
EvoM Community Team

Great work! If only it worked with V7, I think we would have the end-all be-all of ROMs. Just bad timing I suppose :-/
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

What do you mean...it works with V7. My screenshots were from my V7-bigmaps ROM.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It does work with V7, if you use 9653. (Frosty's got a IX, and I don't think anyone's forward-ported this stuff to 8859 yet; I know mrfred was looking at it a while back, though.)

acamus, I assumed you'd already looked at it before. It's pretty simple stuff; John posted the commented source for his changes here at one point, and the MUT protocol extensions aren't very complicated (actually, you could probably propose a better way of hooking them in, given how familiar with the MUT code you are ).

It's easier to think of it as two distinct patches: one for the DMA protocol extensions, and one for moving the alt maps (or anything else, for that matter) into RAM (ie. the "live mapping" portion of it).
Old Feb 5, 2010, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Ok, once it's going, things make a lot more sense.

I do have a question or two though.

What is the Reset Dead button and when do you use it?
Same with the ROM2RAM?

I see a MAP VE RAM and RPM VE RAM table. Are there also Fuel and Timing RAM tables?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 01:29 PM
EvoM Community Team

Originally Posted by logic
It does work with V7, if you use 9653. (Frosty's got a IX, and I don't think anyone's forward-ported this stuff to 8859 yet; I know mrfred was looking at it a while back, though.)

acamus, I assumed you'd already looked at it before. It's pretty simple stuff; John posted the commented source for his changes here at one point, and the MUT protocol extensions aren't very complicated (actually, you could probably propose a better way of hooking them in, given how familiar with the MUT code you are ).

It's easier to think of it as two distinct patches: one for the DMA protocol extensions, and one for moving the alt maps (or anything else, for that matter) into RAM (ie. the "live mapping" portion of it).
Couldn't have said all of that better myself

Originally Posted by 03whitegsr
Ok, once it's going, things make a lot more sense.

I do have a question or two though.

What is the Reset Dead button and when do you use it?
Same with the ROM2RAM?

I see a MAP VE RAM and RPM VE RAM table. Are there also Fuel and Timing RAM tables?
-the 0xDEAD must be reset as part of a bug to force the map copy if I remember correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong). There are some good details in one of the other threads.
-There are definitely fuel and timing maps, but they might just be harder to display in screenshots since they are so large.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes there are fuel and ignition ram tables. If you're talking about in the rom itself, they are the alt-maps. One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that you need to be able to map switch. Which with v7 we have numerous ways now so its not really a problem. Ziad it'd be nice to have the map trace feature for both fuel and ignition tables. I have not tried this newest version of yours but I tried a previous one and could not get it to work. I use the one thats always been packaged with l2r99gst's roms. Also the rom thats included in the 96533706 package is l2r99gst's with a few changes to some tables. It is not a stock rom with just speed density and livemapping/dma patches. Also how much room is there for more ram tables?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

We can get you working on ziad's version. It is much nicer than my version and with multi-threading, logs much faster.

Quick Reply: new live map app