Notices
ECU Flash

new live map app

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new live map app

EDIT: (4/Jan/2012) The latest beta is available to download from the link below:
NEW Features:
*I have documentation, its a pdf file available from the link below.
*increasing the usability of the program
*Windows 7 compatibility
*changes to the map tracer and auto smoothing
etc
*auto patching of most V7 evo 8/evo9 ecus.
*Virtual Dyno
*plus many many more
*For people with 0.42xx versions please note there were some bugs with that version XML definitions.

http://www.mztec.org/evo/livemap/

Please post up discussion and bugs here.

Ok a few more instructions to use the program.

1) if yours is a 9653 V7 or 8859 V5.10 then use the given xmls which come with the program. u can customise them later.
2) if yours is a very customised rom (extra tables or a new rom without any current xmls) u can create a new xml for ur ecu by going to the setting screen. please send me a copy of ur xml when find working.
2a) you need to give the xml a discriptive name i prefer ecuID plus a few more chars. open the location of ur old Evo Live Map directory by clicking "Choose". this will prefill some information then the rest of the tables need to be added, i prefer u add fuel first by clicking "Add table". this should give a rudimentary defination to u.
2b) remember to exit the program and start it again and select the new xml. then goto settings screen and check tables and requests to ensure they all are fine... remember to change the scalings for the "MUT Requests" to "xh" as the import program does not do it currently.
3) Check all settings to make sure they are correct, ensure that logging location and hex file name (to load ur rom tables from the hex file to ram) are correct. go through the requests table and select requests that need to be logged to disk, shown on screen and graphed. remember that the "Evaluation Function" filed can evaluate mathematical functions, but remember to add x to signify the item recieved from the current request. you can create a purely calculated field by not having x in the "eva func" if u want to include data from another request then use eg "&h01" to get the value from request 1. also the order of requests does not matter.... so its quite similar to evoscan.
4) To use the program its fairly simple. click start and it will start logging.
5) to edit tables, use = + - keys like ecuflash.
6) On Evo8s/7s after a reflash u need to rest DEAD to refresh the ecu ram... this is a bug from ecuflash where it does not overwrite the whole ram like it does on the Evo9 ecus.
7) u need a reasonable laptop to run real time map tracer. a netbook will not be enough. as the video refresh rate is not fast enough. It does not impact the actual logging to disk speeds.
8) It does not work with OP2 cables, only 1.3 based cables. sorry.
9) please check and verify all directories exist and you have write access to them. this is especially true for the logging directory. wrong directory will mean the logger cannot start properly.

eg:
this request eval will give u IPW, as long as &h01 is RPM x*0.256*&h01*31.25/1200
this request eval will give u 2byte RPM, as long as &h01 is byte1 and &h02 is byte2
byte1=((256*x)+&h02)*1000/256
byte2=x

this should get u started, more instruction to come

pics again.

Name:  lm-app1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  52.5 KB

Name:  lm-app2.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  61.7 KB

Last edited by ziad; Jan 3, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm off of SD and livemap temporarily; I might have a chance to switch back this weekend though. If I do, I'll shoot you a note.

Are those logging rates at the stock MUT baud rate, or have you kicked it up to 62500?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

stock baud rate, yeah a little information overload isint too bad.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

bump to the top for updates and link to the latest version. any bugs, feedback welcome.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Copying my posts from the other thread, so that everything for ziad's app can be kept in one place:

Here is how mine is setup. I'll explain each screenshot below the image:

This is where you setup the requests that you want to log. In my screenshot above, this is how I have my RAM MUT table setup for the time being. Simply setup your table to match what you are logging.

On the ECU Definition tab, on the top is where you set the addresses for the start of the ROM and RAM alt maps space and the size.

The entries on the left are the tables that you have setup in the alt maps space to be copied to RAM. In the screenshot above, you can see the address for my RAM MUT table, which is FFFF A000 (which is right at the start of the alt maps space).

You don't necessarily need the MUT table entry here. These entries are just for the tables that you want to tune in RAM. Each of the table entries here will become a new tab in the LiveMap app, so that you can change the values and tune them realtime. The next few screenshots will show how the rest of my tables are configured.

Bigmaps fuel. My axes may be different than yours. I have mine go to 500 load, incremented by 20 after 100 load, and 11000RPM, incremented by 500 through the whole table.

Ignition table. Same axes as fuel.

BWG table

BDE Load

RPM VE

Map kPa

Map VE

Injector size

Here you can see the main screen and the tabs for all of the RAM tables. Here is a shot of the blank fuel table (my laptop isn't connected to the car at the moment...just here on my desk).

If you have the active cell and knock trace selected in the 'basic settings' tab of the settings window, then when you click start, you get a realtime trace through the table. I forget already, but I think just for the ignition table. The cells will color green for no knock and get darker red with more knock.

Also, make sure in your settings.xml file, you have the following line setup for DMA:
<transProtocol>DMA</transProtocol>

Eric
Old Feb 4, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

lol the dma bit has done a few people undone there eric

anyway soem instructions are up. i will post a pic of my request tab later when i get to the laptop.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ziad, are you planning on releasing the source for your build of the client?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
So is there a pre-patched 96531706 based ROM and an install package that just works with this? Preferably a "stock" rom that hasn't had anything but the patches applied.

I'm pretty sure if I could just get something that works from the start, it would make it much easier to figure out how everything works together.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you download phenems 96532706 and download this it will "just work"
same with 3706.
great program ziad, love being able to change scalings on the graphing.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I know this may sound stupid...but what exactly does "live mapping" do?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:47 PM
Evolving Member

exactly what it says "live mapping" no stopping of engine, real time map tracing, changing fuel/timing maps on the fly without shutting off engine.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

You say "on the fly" simply meaning that as you are sitting with the engine running you can complete changes to the rom? So durring aWOT pull how can you make these changes? I am sorry for my ignorance, but this sounds to me like the beginning of intelligent ECU learning in a sense.

Is it possible to set up a baseline "goal" table and let the car learn its way to the goal?

Again, I am sorry for my complete lack of understanding this topic.

Thank you for you patience in teaching an old dog new tricks.

Paul
Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

basically it's like ecuflash but it does it instantly and can be done while driving the car, like aftermarket ECU's. No need to reflash, these tables/maps are stored in the RAM which also allows MUCH faster datalogging.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

OK I get it now. Seems like this would be the ideal way to go. I might have to look into this.

So does it self adjust or do you have to input the changes manually? I understand about not having to shut the car down for the "re-flash".
Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Maybe all of it will become clear when using it.

But is it really as simple as loading up the pre-patched ROM from the V7 thread into the ECU with ECUflash and then opening the program and clicking start?

From the first post, it seems like there is a lot more involved as far as setup in the program and the last time I tried out the live tune stuff, it didn't work like that at all.

Quick Reply: new live map app