Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2014, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the xml pack is imported into the xml metadata folder
Old Apr 13, 2014, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im trying to setup speed density ROM 94171715 option 3 . and everytime i try to open my tune in ecu flash this is what happens

the little "+" to open the tables are gone.

Ive converted a few other roms to speed density and they work fine. but this one is giving me trouble.. maybe error in the download? or in the codeing?

i tried re downloading multiple times. still nothing
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An experts got any Info.?

I've tried dragging files into "evo" folder... nothing. (However I named them 94171715.xml and so on for other rooms in folder before I drug them in. Via "how to thread")

Tried manually moving code to the original file via notepad... nothing

Tried deleting and closing out of everything and starting over.. nothing
Old May 6, 2015, 10:26 PM

Tephra Install on JDM 2002 EVO7

Hi Guys,
I am currently trying to get Tephramod V7 to work on a 2002 JDM EVO7.
From what I have read this is possible on some 7 ECUs but not others .. is this correct.
Here is what I have ...
EVO7 with 1000cc injectors from Precision Injected. P/N PFU043-0950
The ROM ID that comes out of the ECU in the car is 98640016.
I can read and mod that file fine.. I am using ECUFLASh 1.44.4355

I have tried to use Tephra BIN 96530706 , I modified the immobiliser values to match the numbers in my original BIN, changed the injector scaling and flashed this into the car.
It sucessfully loads the file to the ECU but the car will not run.

I am trying to set this car up so that I can have a dual map setup, switched via the ICS button. The main file will be for use on 98 RON pump gas and the second map for E85.

Can anyone help me with this one, Havent used the Tephra before so not sure if I have missed something in converting it over or if it will just not work on this car

I have attached 2 files ... one is the original file I pulled from the car untouched (had to save it as a bin instead of srf to get it to upload here), The other is the tephra file I have tried in the car with my immobilser details etc in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .. Happy to make a donation if we can get this to work.

Thanks
J
Attached Files
File Type: bin
JDM2002evo7originalrom.bin (256.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Jul 14, 2015, 05:12 AM

did you manage to get the rom update?
Old Mar 11, 2016, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

V7 sd v1.0

Can I use Rom 88591715 for 88840017
Old May 9, 2016, 05:10 AM

Hi to all
I hope someone could explain what is happening.
I have a Tephra v7 version por Euro evo 9, i can't use the USD version because the Check light is on for the fuel tank evap (euro car hasn't)

Well, i have the ROM 88580714, but when i tuned it and load on the ECU, then i can't recover this ROM or when i opened my saved Map from my laptop. when i read the ecu or reopen the map in the laptop, the ROM is a EDM 88840016

i tried in several EVO 9 and always is the same, i can use the tephra file for the first time, but when i save it with other name or try to recover from the ECU, Ecuflash changes the ROM to EDM 88840016, so any Tephra options are not available, but the car still has all tephra features.

I loaded all the Tephra definitions again on the rommetadata, removed all evo9 XML, but always is the same. If i want change something...i need built a new map from the ROM 88580714 scratch!!!!
Old May 11, 2016, 09:35 AM

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBigD
An experts got any Info.?

I've tried dragging files into "evo" folder... nothing. (However I named them 94171715.xml and so on for other rooms in folder before I drug them in. Via "how to thread")

Tried manually moving code to the original file via notepad... nothing

Tried deleting and closing out of everything and starting over.. nothing
Check your log in right window. You have error, maybe missing some scalings.
Old May 12, 2016, 07:44 PM

Hello, I just recently acquired a Tactrix openport 2.0 for my evo. My car currently has a Tephra v7. I don't know how to setup my ecuflash. I've watched the 16 videos on 'How To Tune an Evo' on youtube but nothing really points me in the right direction. I plugged in the Tactrix cable and logged my ecu. I don't know how to find a ROM or know what my internal/ecu ID is. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can anyone confirm that Evo9 roms are interchangable and 8859 v7 rom is compartible with any evo9 ecu?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 09:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sub-par performance after upgrading to Tephra Mod V7

Hello,
My question is regarding some issues when upgrading my EVO 8 (mostly stock EVO 8) ROM to the TephraMod v.7 (94170715). I followed all the steps outlined by the TephraMod wiki, including copying my fuel/ignition (and converting to the big maps and smoothing them with the tools given) /MAF/ Boost/ Immobilizer/ etc. to the new ROM. Anyway, with the new ROM everything is fine until I hit ~3500 RPM. Anything above this and the car bogs and almost sounds like it is hitting a rev-limiter; albeit it will continue to accelerate with an unhealthy engine sound---almost like a fuel cut throttle popping noise---it also knocks. My question: have you guys encountered this issue using TephraMod Rom's, and/or if you have any logging suggestions (I use EvoScan) to help me pin-point this issue? Would you suggest datalogging with the stock ROM and Tephra ROM to compare ignition timing, AFR, injector duty cycles? I don't understand what the issue could be as all the boost/ AFR/ MAF/ ignition maps are exactly the same between ROM's; I have double checked consistency between all maps. However, I'm not so sure I have set the MAF correctly.

As far as the MAF, the Tephra v7 default values (scaling + adder) indicate that the adder is 175.5(i.e., 175.5 difference between my stock values), whereas I believe the stock EVO 8 adder is 140.0. I tried taking my stock EVO 8 values, adding 140, and plugging that into the Tephra ROM scaling + adder and the car drove even worse. I have continued to play with these settings with no luck.

***What do I do about the MAF compensation table in the Tephra ROM (in percent). My stock ROM has MAF smoothing in g/s and I'm not sure how to convert MAF compensation (see below).
Not sure why this is not a plug and play sort of thing...

I have also tried the 96530706 ROM with the same issues as above; the MAF compensation for this ROM are in g/s, so it was a direct copy/paste from my original MAF tables which was nice. No luck, car drives like crap, it knocks and can barely get over 4000 RPM or 150 load for that matter.

Do I need to match all the Periphery00,0-4 bits of the stock ROM to the new Tephra v7 ROM? Don't want to go changing allot of bits on the Tephra ROM as I really don't know what is going on "under the hood". For example, on the stock ROM Periphery0 (FAA) bit 1 (rear o2) is set to zero, should I also do this on the Tephra ROM? There are allot of other mis-matched bits in the other Periphery tables between the stock and Tephra ROM.

Any advice would be very much appreciated,
Thanks!
-Shane

Last edited by dalys8; Aug 11, 2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by 4wddyno
Hi Guys,
I am currently trying to get Tephramod V7 to work on a 2002 JDM EVO7.
From what I have read this is possible on some 7 ECUs but not others .. is this correct.
Here is what I have ...
EVO7 with 1000cc injectors from Precision Injected. P/N PFU043-0950
The ROM ID that comes out of the ECU in the car is 98640016.
I can read and mod that file fine.. I am using ECUFLASh 1.44.4355

I have tried to use Tephra BIN 96530706 , I modified the immobiliser values to match the numbers in my original BIN, changed the injector scaling and flashed this into the car.
It sucessfully loads the file to the ECU but the car will not run.

I am trying to set this car up so that I can have a dual map setup, switched via the ICS button. The main file will be for use on 98 RON pump gas and the second map for E85.

Can anyone help me with this one, Havent used the Tephra before so not sure if I have missed something in converting it over or if it will just not work on this car

I have attached 2 files ... one is the original file I pulled from the car untouched (had to save it as a bin instead of srf to get it to upload here), The other is the tephra file I have tried in the car with my immobilser details etc in it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .. Happy to make a donation if we can get this to work.

Thanks
J

First of all you will also need to copy all of your fuel/ ignition/ boost maps and use the big map converter to make that task easier. Back to your original question: To get the car started, you can try to completely disable the immobilizer---this is what I had to do. In the TephraMod v7 ROM, perform the following in the image below:

Old Sep 3, 2016, 02:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
i am facing an issue with 96530706 rom for some weeks now. Did not get any answer in my thread so i am posting it up here hoping to get some tips and advice.

I recently flashed the 96530706 on an evo 8 with stock injectors. as soon as the rev hits 2500 rpm car goes lean and hangs or you can say acts like a soft limit. I have tried the rev hang fix, nothing seems to cure it. I flash 9417 and the problem is no more there.

There is a hacked version of 9653 for evo 7 which i used to tune my evo 7 which worked great. If the XML file of that version got mixed and i am assuming it has in my rommetadata folder then that is causing this issue , not working properly on an evo 8 ?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 08:19 PM

Load issues

Hello,
I cannot get tephra 94170715-OMNI-PSI-based to work. I have v5 working beautifully, but just can't seem to debug this issue I am having (Yes, I have copied all my tables / converted to BIG maps correctly). When simply reving in neutral, my 2-byte loads are very high (300+), but my 1-byte loads seem to be proper (50-80 load). My OMNI boost readings are correct too. I have attached 1-byte load on the map tracer.
I figured this was a MAF scaling issue, but I have coppied over my MAF tables from the working v5 ROM. With the old v5 ROM, the scaling was Airflow8 for the MAf scaling values, so I switched the v7 ROM to the same and copied the values over. Confirmed that the v7 MAF scaling values that are loaded by default were the same that I was using in the v5 ROM.
Any help would be much appreciated!
-Shane
Attached Thumbnails **Need Help setting up V7???**  Here is your answer-1-byte.png  

Last edited by dalys8; Sep 5, 2016 at 09:47 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 06:46 PM

^^^ Looks like 2-byte load was discontinued with this new ROM (sigh, I forgot that I read that weeks ago), and EVOSCAN was using AUTO for the load axis. Switched to 1-byte load and everything is making sense as of now. Looks like propper AFR's and timings are being used. I'll continue to try and figure out the issue I am getting with throttle hang / excessive knock when moving to v7. I'll try the 96530006 version to see if I have any luck there.

Last edited by dalys8; Sep 6, 2016 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: **Need Help setting up V7???** Here is your answer