Notices
ECU Flash

**Need Help setting up V7???** Here is your answer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Question **Need Help setting up V7???** Here is your answer

Phenem asked someone make this thread in hopes of decluttering the V7 thread. With that being said if you are having issues setting up a V7 rom, post up which version you have, and which rom ID you are switching from so we can better help diagnose your issues. I am sure that others will chime in to help also.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple issues that seem to have caused grief in the 78 pages of the V7 thread:

First of all, I'm using ROMID 96532706. Now that we've got that part out of the way;

Two glaring issues that seem to have a couple dozen ideas..

1) Warmup is not correct at all, this was not an issue I had when I was running the v7tX roms. Warmup is one thing on my particular vehicle that has never required much attention, until I loaded this rom.

So what gives there eh? Seems to be a divide on what the real issue might be.

2) Livemap- This might be better served in a thread by itself, but I will touch on it here-- it doesn't seem to make changes, but I can pull the data, I can log stuff. Again, this issue is probably better served in a thread by itself, but I wanted to mention it here in case its something relatively small that is not correctly set in the rom itself, or perhaps the liveMAP application.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Warmup is a common issue with v7, but it was happening on other roms as well. We have pretty much got it all figured out (see my cold start thread), but now there is a 2K rpm rev upon cold startup. Once the car is warm, as I am sure you see as well, the car runs great.

Couple theories on this are...

1) it is EGR related
2) it is clutch switch related

They jury is still out on the actual cause.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Warmup is a common issue with v7, but it was happening on other roms as well. We have pretty much got it all figured out (see my cold start thread), but now there is a 2K rpm rev upon cold startup. Once the car is warm, as I am sure you see as well, the car runs great.

Couple theories on this are...

1) it is EGR related
2) it is clutch switch related

They jury is still out on the actual cause.
yes. I have been reading your thread (its open in another tab actually right now )... the question would be -- what changed in the rom between the v7test's and the release to cause this issue? I had the rev on cold startup basically as soon as I disabled egr (and its a nuisance, but whatever. I have several nuisances with my car right now, and 2k while warming up for a minute ranks fairly low on my list of problems). it did not, however, affect driving off cold. I might turn it back on and re-connect the egr hoses to cut that down.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Seriously read through the cold start thread, Paul and I have been combating this with multiple solutions for a few weeks now... pretty much all ironed out with our own settings. Hopefully this helps... In case other people need the information here is a link to the thread... Poor Cold Idle (Yes I Searched)

Last edited by Fast_Freddie; Nov 10, 2009 at 09:51 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Danielbo91 (Feb 24, 2017)
Old Nov 10, 2009, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Map trace

I can't seem to track down the bit I'm missing to get map tracing working, can someone point me to the right thread?

96530706V7
EcuFlash 1.42
evoscan 2.5
ZT2 WB works/logs fine
1 byte load works/logs fine
loaded map
laoded xml

Big map opens with my data on the bottom, nothing on top. to be fair, I don't really know how map trace works as I have'nt got it to work on any release yet , but this is my first try in ernest.

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 95630706
I can't seem to track down the bit I'm missing to get map tracing working, can someone point me to the right thread?

96530706V7
EcuFlash 1.42
evoscan 2.5
ZT2 WB works/logs fine
1 byte load works/logs fine
loaded map
laoded xml

Big map opens with my data on the bottom, nothing on top. to be fair, I don't really know how map trace works as I have'nt got it to work on any release yet , but this is my first try in ernest.

Thanks!
Try this out... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7078367-post16.html
and this... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7618463-post380.html

Last edited by Fast_Freddie; Nov 10, 2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Seriously read through the cold start thread, Paul and I have been combating this with multiple solutions for a few weeks now... pretty much all ironed out with our own settings. Hopefully this helps... In case other people need the information here is a link to the thread... Poor Cold Idle (Yes I Searched)
I looked though a lot of that thread and couldnt find settings for a complete fix.

If you guys have found a fix, maybe appauldd should update the first post with that fix.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Kid
I looked though a lot of that thread and couldnt find settings for a complete fix.
You must not have looked very hard... took me literally 1 minute to find this... the thread is only 18 pages long... don't be lazy guys come on....

Applaudd's poor cold idle fix settings moving from rom ID 97140015

Fast_Freddie's poor cold idle fix settings moving from rom ID 96940011
Old Nov 10, 2009, 06:15 PM

great thread i didnt want to clutter the v7 but i am new to v7 and want to understand it better.

I just got it downloaded and used the beta version (from someone cant remember who posted it) to convert to the big maps. Now to my question I changed the immob code, H/L octane fuel and ignition. What else should I be coping from my old ROM to v7. My current rom is 94170008. Does anything else change or am I ready to write this to my car.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 07:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
This is perfect!

This will help keep my PM box from filling up!
Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
You must not have looked very hard... took me literally 1 minute to find this... the thread is only 18 pages long... don't be lazy guys come on....

Applaudd's poor cold idle fix settings moving from rom ID 97140015

Fast_Freddie's poor cold idle fix settings moving from rom ID 96940011
I saw that and I thought that wasnt a complete fix. In the thread appauldd says he's still having the 2K rev problem.

EDIT: Also, those fixes should be added to the first page of that thread, just to help organize IMO.

Last edited by Evo_Jay; Nov 10, 2009 at 08:28 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

That is a minor issue to me, and I mean minor... also that isn't my thread so adding everything to the first page is not my decision...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thomasevo
great thread i didnt want to clutter the v7 but i am new to v7 and want to understand it better.

I just got it downloaded and used the beta version (from someone cant remember who posted it) to convert to the big maps. Now to my question I changed the immob code, H/L octane fuel and ignition. What else should I be coping from my old ROM to v7. My current rom is 94170008. Does anything else change or am I ready to write this to my car.
Injector scaling/latencies also
Old Nov 10, 2009, 09:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am having major computer issues right now. Once I get everything worked out I will edit the OP and add the fixes.

As Freddie stated...the 2k rev is MINOR. Other than that the car runs like a champ. I am just **** and want to solve everything all the time.

Quick Reply: **Need Help setting up V7???** Here is your answer