Notices
ECU Flash

How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2010, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys i am new here especially on this field of ecuflash ,but if any can help me on this doubt this kind of patch used for Evo 8 We can used on a eclipse turbo ECU 2g ? Or any one know if exist a patch specific for the eclipse ecuflash.

thank you
Old Mar 30, 2010, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
This write up is the main reason I did ventured over to speed density. From installing the harness(SpoolinUp) to tuning/tweaking the rom the car is night and day. So smooth transitioning from cell to cell and from closed to open. It's no longer jagged and rough. Stop and go traffic is not a pain.

I would add the xml for evoscan/mitsulogger for logging MAT in this thread. It took me almost 1 day to find with this wonderful search engine lol (mrfred's inbox is a lost cause lol)

Another thing I did was the ALT-G for graphs on 2D maps. I made sure transitions were smooth for VE's to the Asynch TPS.

One of the best and thorough write ups on EvoM.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by scheides

Step 3b, MAP Sensor Selection:
This rom has no scaling tables for the MAP sensor and is setup for the JDM/EvoX 3bar MAP sensor by default. If you are using a different MAP sensor, you need to change the scaling on a few tables from 'PSIa8 JDM3barMAP' to 'PSIa8 OMNI4barMAP', or the preset for your specific MAP sensor. Right-click on the map/table in the left column of EcuFlash and select Edit, and pick the appropriate scaling from the drop-down menu.
  • Alternate Boost Desired Engine 'PSI' : PSIa8 JDM3barMAP -> PSIa8 OMNI4barMAP
  • Boost Error Correction (PSI) : BoostErrorPsi JDM3barMAP -> BoostErrorPsi OMNI4barMAP
  • Boost Desired Engine 'PSI' : PSIa8 JDM3barMAP -> PSIa8 OMNI4barMAP
  • Boost Adder (PSI) : PSIa16 JDM3barMAP -> PSIa16 OMNI4barMAP

NOTE: I tried keeping XML editing out of this post, but for now, it needs to be done if you are using anything other than the JDM/EvoX 3.3 bar map sensor. There are different scalings for MAP kPa based on which sensor you use. You can choose to use these or not. I HIGHLY recommend updating the MAP kPa scaling in c:\Program Files\EcuFlash\rommetadata\mitsubishi\evo\96531706 .xml based on mr. fred's values here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6744341-post2.html
Would you mind clarifying this note a little more? I am using the AEM 3.5 (Kavlico) MAP sensor and have updated these:
  • Alternate Boost Desired Engine 'PSI' : PSIa8 JDM3barMAP -> PSIa8 OMNI4barMAP
  • Boost Error Correction (PSI) : BoostErrorPsi JDM3barMAP -> BoostErrorPsi OMNI4barMAP
  • Boost Desired Engine 'PSI' : PSIa8 JDM3barMAP -> PSIa8 OMNI4barMAP
  • Boost Adder (PSI) : PSIa16 JDM3barMAP -> PSIa16 OMNI4barMAP

As well as "SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration" to use "kPa Kavlico3.5barMAP". Are there further changes that need to be done?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:45 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
by 'SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration" what do you mean? The scaling? You need to make sure to update the scaling for 'MAP 16bit' for your 3.5bar, then you're good to go. This is the most common stumbling point, just make sure you get it changed, save, close, re-open and you're done....well, with that step anyways
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:46 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by Evoryder

One of the best and thorough write ups on EvoM.
Thanks man, I absolutely love these cars on SD, so much smoother!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:52 PM

by 'SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration" what do you mean? The scaling? You need to make sure to update the scaling for 'MAP 16bit' for your 3.5bar, then you're good to go. This is the most common stumbling point, just make sure you get it changed, save, close, re-open and you're done....well, with that step anyways
This is the "SD MAP Sensor VE and Calibration" ROM section I am talking about. It seems the AEM/Kavlico sensor is already in there, is this the scaling you are referring to?
Attached Thumbnails How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms-aem.jpg  
Old Apr 21, 2010, 02:01 PM
EvoM Moderator

That should be map 16bit and you should edit the definition of map16bit in the XML to match your 3.5bar settings, per NOTE at bottom of step 3b.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:15 AM

That should be map 16bit and you should edit the definition of map16bit in the XML to match your 3.5bar settings, per NOTE at bottom of step 3b.
Got it, thanks.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:04 AM

Why is the Tephra ROM set to "kPa OMNI4barMAP" and not "Map 16bit"? Is this a mistake in the base ROM?
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:17 AM
EvoM Moderator

I'm not sure. My life is a bit of a mess right now (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nd-my-vag.html) if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to look into this when I can.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:19 AM

I'm not sure. My life is a bit of a mess right now (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...nd-my-vag.html) if anyone else has any ideas, please let me know. Otherwise I'll have to look into this when I can.
Oh no, so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you are ok. Thanks for all the help and good luck with the car.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by eyebrowski
Why is the Tephra ROM set to "kPa OMNI4barMAP" and not "Map 16bit"? Is this a mistake in the base ROM?
It was done so people better understood what scaling to use when switching out map sensor scaling for speed density. Your kpa scaling for the map sensor VE calibration should follow the sensor you are using.

Understand that the speed density patch works off of a 10bit target X where x is a voltage reading and not really a unit of kPa. Therefore when a different sensor is used a different scaling is used to re point the target X to a different location but essentially the kPa of the sensors remain around the same spot for the most part .
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

few stupid questions. im converting and changing everything over.. what tables do i need to change for MAP scaling i dont see any there? same with boost control/limits

running omni 4 bar
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
If using Phenem pre patched rom they come set for the Omni 4 bar. No need for scaling.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

I want to clear something up and make sure I'm going about step 3b correctly since it's not exactly clear to me. The car has run decent w/o changing from Map VE Load to Map 16bit and I want to make sure I'm going about this correctly.

- I've updated my Map 16-bit values in the XML to reflect Mrfred's values for OMNI 4-bar (below):
<scaling name="MAP 16bit" units="kPa" toexpr="x*0.4072" frexpr="x/0.4072" format="%.1f" min="0" max="450" inc="0.4072" storagetype="uint16" endian="big"/>

-Do I change the scaling for "SD Map Sensor VE & Calibration" from Map VE Load to Map 16-bit (images below)?
- If I do change the scaling to Map 16bit, the values should look skewed, correct ?(another image below)
-Should I set the kPa values that changed to be a closer match to the values in the MAP(kpa) column? I set them back to 1:1 for display purposes (image below)
Attached Thumbnails How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms-current.png   How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms-skewed-scaling.png  
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: How To: Speed Density on the evo8 using tephra v7/Phenem pre-patched roms