Notices
ECU Flash

AFR Calculator

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2010, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFR Calculator

Following nj1266's sugestion to make an excel doument to calculate the new data for a fuel map when tuning I ended up making 2 excel documents to do exactly so.
Of course I borrowed nj1266's formula "NMAFR=DAFR X MAFR / AAFR " and his Idea so I am giving him/her credit. nj1266's tuning thread is here its also stickied so its easy to find.

The first document calculates the afr map for regular sized maps (not BIGMAP)
download it here

The Second document does the same thing but is for BIGMAPs
download it here

I hope you enjoy the files and that it may aid you in your tuning process.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Clifton New Jersey Lived: Daytona Beach, Florida Lived: Port Orange, Florida
cool dude!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:11 PM
Evolving Member

Do you mind giving us the password to unlock the sheet? I want to change the formatting a bit. The way it's set now (at least when I open it) is that it shows every value rounded to the closest whole number. The value is still the decimal, but it just shows differently. Like the column needs a bit wider or the decimal formatting needs changed.

Thanks. Nice work.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 11:49 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Great, thanks!

I don't want to ask too much, but it would be even nicer if we could just copy RPM/LOAD/AFR from a log and have it automagically populate the appropriate location.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

yes I am working on that, but its a bit out of my league if you or someone else knows how to implement that functionality I will be more than happy to provide you with the passwords for the documents.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Is there a way not to make it not round up values?
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A few quick suggestions:

1.Be sure to use baro+temp compensated load, as that is what the fuel maps use.

2. You should only include the open loop portion of your log. If you log STFT, it's when STFT goes to 0.

3. Keep in mind that LTFT Mid is incorporated into the open load AFR calculation up to 1600Hz (IIRC). So, it may be a good idea to lower that threshold to a smaller value, where you know you will be in open loop, so that the LTFT Mid doesn't affect your open loop AFR.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clipse3GT
Is there a way not to make it not round up values?
The value of each cell is not actually rounded, excel just displays it that way because the columns are too thin. Fear not just copy and paste
Old Feb 4, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by l2r99gst
A few quick suggestions:

1.Be sure to use baro+temp compensated load, as that is what the fuel maps use.

2. You should only include the open loop portion of your log. If you log STFT, it's when STFT goes to 0.

3. Keep in mind that LTFT Mid is incorporated into the open load AFR calculation up to 1600Hz (IIRC). So, it may be a good idea to lower that threshold to a smaller value, where you know you will be in open loop, so that the LTFT Mid doesn't affect your open loop AFR.

Well this document just help you use your dataloged information with your current fuel map to help you get a more desireable AFR. It doesn't control anything to do with the information you collect with a dataloger or the information you input into the document from your datalog. As far as open loop I would filter down the information from the log file by only selecting strings that were logged when the throttle was opened more that 90%(its a pretty simple way to be sure the ecu is in open loop). There is a map-tracer on the forums somewhere that's also an excel document, its really well made and I would recommend it to be used to help correlate the info to fit in the document i provided.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That map tracer has xml macro probs.. so yea . This is good tho. Realy apreciate the work!
Old Feb 4, 2010, 10:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to try and take over your thread or anything.. Just thought i would add my little nifty Application i made in VB a while back.... It automatically rounds out the decimal places and there is also a copy to clipboard button.. Very Simple Program.. Maybe if enough people like it i will integrate a feature that will automatically paste the new data to the selected cell in ECU Flash.. Good Luck And Try It out.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
AFR Calculator.zip (30.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Feb 5, 2010, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 3SgteGuru
Well this document just help you use your dataloged information with your current fuel map...It doesn't control anything to do with the information you collect with a dataloger...
You need to make up your mind.

My points are still valid because you are using your logged wideband readings to correct the AFR.
Old Feb 5, 2010, 08:43 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You need to make up your mind.

My points are still valid because you are using your logged wideband readings to correct the AFR.
I think you are just trying to provide a few tips so noobs don't just "plug it, forget it, vent it". I appreciate the input, and its relevant to the topic, just not directly to the spreadsheet
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What value shoud I lower to get less affect on the open loop AFr by the LTFT mid ? Where is that thershold settings ?

I tried to use the BIGMAF AFR calc i would love it but doesnt work for me I put in the ori big high octane afr map, the logged wot actual afr from the evoscan map tracer enter some desired afr value but nothing was change in the "new afr map" every value is show ### .
Old Aug 30, 2010, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

It won't let me open the file, what am I missing?

Quick Reply: AFR Calculator