Notices
ECU Flash

New FIC 1100cc High impedance Injectors

Old Mar 3, 2010, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just to be clear, since theyre high impedance like the ID 1k's an 2200's. Requiring a resistor pack bypass riiiight
Old Mar 3, 2010, 05:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
My initial experience (excellent) is here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...injectors.html
Old Mar 3, 2010, 07:02 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dyrexion
Just to be clear, since theyre high impedance like the ID 1k's an 2200's. Requiring a resistor pack bypass riiiight
Yup, gotta bypass the resistor box.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

hopefully these don't have warm start issues like the ID's...damn it's been more than a year and still no solution...sigh*
Old Mar 4, 2010, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

My only thought is when are the 2000cc+ ones coming out?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
They did a long time ago?

These exhibit no warm start issues. I feel the ID1000s are mainly user issues on the starting as I havent had any problems myself and after I sent a working map to R/TErnie his warm start issues were within acceptable (read not stock, but not bad) limits.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:50 PM
Evolved Member

I mean FIC not the ID ones
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

FIC2150s are the only other option to the IDs. They use the same Bosch injector with different adapters and sorting preferences.
Old Mar 5, 2010, 03:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
... I feel the ID1000s are mainly user issues on the starting as I havent had any problems myself and after I sent a working map to R/TErnie his warm start issues were within acceptable (read not stock, but not bad) limits.
My perspective is a bit different. My first set of ID1000s began having warm start issues on E85 about an hour after shutting down the motor, while the second set I received from T1 began having warm start issues within 15 minutes of shutting down the motor, and the number of cranks before the motor would light up was many more. Same startup maps for both, and I tried several other startup fuelling combos with the second set, and none helped significantly. The FIC1100s have abolutely no warm start issues on E85 with the stock map (which was also tried with the ID1000s), and they are also a Bosch injector. Its definitely something to do with the injectors. It might be possible to reduce the severity of the issue with some creative mapping, but it only partially masks an underlying issue.
Old Mar 7, 2010, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone test the 1100 FIC on pump?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

eTiLiKo,

Not yet but soon. I do not forsee any problems as easy as these injectors have tuned thus far.

M,

As I stated ask Eric about the map I sent him and the warm start issue. I feel the problem was overthought as I havent had any issues with warm starts. I will admit I also have only used them with SD and my settings which might be part of the reason. I have not tried a MAF car with the ID1000s or the FIC900s that I can recall.

aaron
Old Mar 8, 2010, 07:21 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by JohnBradley

M,

As I stated ask Eric about the map I sent him and the warm start issue. I feel the problem was overthought as I havent had any issues with warm starts. I will admit I also have only used them with SD and my settings which might be part of the reason. I have not tried a MAF car with the ID1000s or the FIC900s that I can recall.

aaron
Aaron,

I thought that my attempts to start with the stock startup IPW maps, and then trying to add fuel or remove fuel during startup was a straightforward approach rather than "overthought". I must admit that I did spend an extraordinary amount of time trying to figure out what was happening so I might understand what was needed to get them to work. Ultimately, the fact that two sets of ID1000s behaved very differently during warmstarts convinced me that there is something about the injectors that is contributing to warmstart characteristics that are not easily ironed out by straightforward changes in the startup IPW values. The very well-behaved response of the FIC1100s cemented my opinion.

Last edited by mrfred; Mar 8, 2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I will agree, the ID1000s have a personality of their own on each and every car. I believe it has something to do with the way they are dynamically matched. Which is why I believe people have different latency and scaling for each set of injectors.
Old Mar 9, 2010, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
Aaron,

I thought that my attempts to start with the stock startup IPW maps, and then trying to add fuel or remove fuel during startup was a straightforward approach rather than "overthought". I must admit that I did spend an extraordinary amount of time trying to figure out what was happening so I might understand what was needed to get them to work. Ultimately, the fact that two sets of ID1000s behaved very differently during warmstarts convinced me that there is something about the injectors that is contributing to warmstart characteristics that are not easily ironed out by straightforward changes in the startup IPW values. The very well-behaved response of the FIC1100s cemented my opinion.
M,

Sorry I wasn't referring to you specifically. I didnt mean to come across that way. I will definitely agree that the 1100s are very well mannered and deliver more fuel. I may have been VERY lucky in the sets I got and tuned, I really am not sure and not able to determine what would make them different other than SD perhaps. I dont even understand what that would really influence other than its the common thread linking them together.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm a proud owner of the new FIC 1100 HI injectors!! Thanks Aaron - I can't wait to have my car tuned on E85 now

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New FIC 1100cc High impedance Injectors