Notices
ECU Flash

New FIC 1100cc High impedance Injectors

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Aaron,
i will say that it was better with the SD conversion... still not right.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaron - Why the High Impedance 1100's over the FIC BlueMax 1250 ? Also what is involved in "shunting the resistor pack" ? ( I asked the same question in another thread by MrFred.) Is the spray pattern different with the High Impedance injectors vs. the BlueMax ?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Will they be making a smaller injector? 1100's would be overkill for me.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 12:57 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by GregM
Its not really so much an issue of overkill as it is whether they provide good performance over the range of expected pulsewidths. The usual issues with big injectors are poor idle and sometimes cruise, but with the controls we have over tuning fuel delivery on the Evo, even good quality 1100+ cc/min low impedance injectors can work idle and cruise well. The FIC1100 cc/min injectors are even better and are fine for mild mods on pump gas.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 03:19 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks mrfred, I guess for my application, I may see IDC at only 50% with these injectors.

My Airtrek runs High Impedence Injectors standard, so its a real pain to wire in a resister box to run low impedence ones. Only reason I'm looking at changing the STI injectors I have at the moment is that IDC will not log in Evo Scan after installing them, so no idea what my IDC is, but I'm expecting it to be right up there as my 450cc injectors where 100% IDC at 17psi.

I can't do too many mods thou, as I'm running an auto gearbox
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:43 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Thanks mrfred, I guess for my application, I may see IDC at only 50% with these injectors.

My Airtrek runs High Impedence Injectors standard, so its a real pain to wire in a resister box to run low impedence ones. Only reason I'm looking at changing the STI injectors I have at the moment is that IDC will not log in Evo Scan after installing them, so no idea what my IDC is, but I'm expecting it to be right up there as my 450cc injectors where 100% IDC at 17psi.

I can't do too many mods thou, as I'm running an auto gearbox
You'd almost think that your car is protesting running Subaru parts. :-) I hate to say it, but there is no reason that I can think of that would make the injectors responsible for IDC no longer being loggable. I'm sure that you don't need new injectors to solve this.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Probably not, and it probably is a protest at the U-R-A-BUS parts in it. I may swap back to stock and see if IDC logs again.

Really, its just an excuse to get some new toys, if only my Bank Balance and Credit Card would agree
Old Apr 6, 2010, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
There is a 900cc version (the initial release) that requires a plug adapter since it is a denso style clip and not the Bosch.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JohnBradley
There is a 900cc version (the initial release) that requires a plug adapter since it is a denso style clip and not the Bosch.
I have no idea what plug type the Airtrek or Subaru's run, but its not the same as an Evo. I'll try and find some Denso Style clips to see if they are the same, unless someone can send me a pic.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

Looks like a Denso on the Airtrek to me, so maybe interested in the 900cc ones at some stage.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 01:52 AM
Evolving Member

From what I can tell, the 900cc are EV6, not Denso plug?

If thats correct, then I'm going to need an adaptor regardless of the injector I get. I'm not keen to cut my plugs and solder on some EV1 plugs just yet, I'd rather an adaptor.

For the 1100cc, I'd need a EV1 female to Denso male connector. Anyone have a place that will send international at a good price?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

From what I can tell, the 900cc are EV6, not Denso plug?

If thats correct, then I'm going to need an adaptor regardless of the injector I get. I'm not keen to cut my plugs and solder on some EV1 plugs just yet, I'd rather an adaptor.

For the 1100cc, I'd need a EV1 female to Denso male connector. Anyone have a place that will send international at a good price?
try here....

http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/ind...28ph3e3eputfa5
Old Apr 19, 2010, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

ID1000 to FIC1100s

Finally gave up on the IDs and put these in. Every time I thought I had them nailed they would act up again.

I got the older style FICs with only the upper adapters to the rail, the wire harness isn't a big deal but they sit really tight to the head+ valve cover, definately a challenge to get clips back on.

It's only been two days but I have not had any starting issues yet. Trav, what scale did you end up at for 93? Are you on SD or MAF?

I started with the numbers JB posted for e85, currently scaled at 943 for 93. I may go up a bit if the trims stay negative, but I haven't got a lot of driving time yet. JB's latencies are super low compared to Mrfred's but I started with his VE settings as well.

Thanks to all the above mentioned people that posted up numbers.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 95630706
Finally gave up on the IDs and put these in. Every time I thought I had them nailed they would act up again.

I got the older style FICs with only the upper adapters to the rail, the wire harness isn't a big deal but they sit really tight to the head+ valve cover, definately a challenge to get clips back on.

It's only been two days but I have not had any starting issues yet. Trav, what scale did you end up at for 93? Are you on SD or MAF?

I started with the numbers JB posted for e85, currently scaled at 943 for 93. I may go up a bit if the trims stay negative, but I haven't got a lot of driving time yet. JB's latencies are super low compared to Mrfred's but I started with his VE settings as well.

Thanks to all the above mentioned people that posted up numbers.
My final settings:

Scaling (93): 975

Latency:

my start ups are perfect - I am extremely happy with these injectors and glad i made the switch. Glad to see you had good luck as well, while the starting issue can be considered minor if you drive the car daily and its your only car after a while it just gets annoying and I had to find a way to prove it wasn't my car causing the problem and making yet another injector switch was the answer.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 11:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
Thanks, unfortunately, they only have EV1 male to Denso female, not the other way round.

I found some at http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/elect...ors/?itemid=46, but freight is up there, the same cost as the adaptors. Guess I'll have to go with those.

Quick Reply: New FIC 1100cc High impedance Injectors