Notices
ECU Flash

testing the new FIC 1100 cc/min saturated injectors

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 04:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by memphis69
mrfred, can you explain your latency on last pic?

in 1st post you put scaling which corresponds with fic1100 linearization thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...0-fic1650.html

but in your last pic latency bit higher, why?

ps: sync accel enrichment is the same "Sync Load Accel Compensation vs RPM"? address 3278

tank you!
I should have mentioned that the settings I posted a few days ago were from a tuning session before I started using the pulsewidth linearization table. I have not tried FIC1100s with the pulsewidth linearization.

If you want to use the FIC1100 pulsewidth linearization values, then use the latency values from the first post in this thread, and then you'll likely need to retune the MAF scaling table somewhat.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok
had some time and try your fic 1100 settings, exept maf scaling, cause i have stock intake box with mahle paper filter.

set 128 to maf smoothing, sub 20 from maf scaling and add maf smoothing delta(x-128) to maf scaling table.

car startup without any issues.

my rom 88580714 patched with your CL AFR control. afr on idle 14.7, 15.6 on cruise.

after some idling and cruising: CrFT -9.96, IdFT -11.13

what do you recommedn, up injector size to 1044 or tweak maf scaling?

thanks
Old Mar 26, 2015, 03:25 PM
EvoM Guru

after some idling and cruising: CrFT -9.96, IdFT -11.13

what do you recommedn, up injector size to 1044 or tweak maf scaling?

thanks
Probably a little of both is what I would do.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:40 PM

tried to play with maf, but this not enought affect on trims. so i back to start values maf and drop a 6% latency. hour of cruising and idling and get perfect trims in my opinion. -1.4 idle trim and -1.2 cruise trim.

i haven't front o2 and wideband in rear o2 place. rom patched with mrfred's close loop control. positive moments - afr much solid at idle with right fic 1100 scaling.

i want to say big thanks to mrfred! you are real EVOGOD!

ps: i forget about one strange issue: when car stopped at traffic light(whatever), afr goes rich and after +|-30 secs it normalized to 14.7. what could it be? I watch it for a long time and don't remember how it was on stock injectors
Attached Thumbnails testing the new FIC 1100 cc/min saturated injectors-fic1100_settings.jpg  

Last edited by memphis69; Mar 27, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:17 PM
EvoM Guru

tried to play with maf, but this not enought affect on trims. so i back to start values maf and drop a 6% latency. hour of cruising and idling and get perfect trims in my opinion. -1.4 idle trim and -1.2 cruise trim.

i haven't front o2 and wideband in rear o2 place. rom patched with mrfred's close loop control. positive moments - afr much solid at idle with right fic 1100 scaling.

i want to say big thanks to mrfred! you are real EVOGOD!

ps: i forget about one strange issue: when car stopped at traffic light(whatever), afr goes rich and after +|-30 secs it normalized to 14.7. what could it be? I watch it for a long time and don't remember how it was on stock injectors
Glad you got it working. Tight fuel trims are good to have, but the fuel trims only tell part of the story about how well the injectors are tuned. If they are hold pretty steady at the same value, you've got the injector tuning dialed in really well. However, if you see the trims change by more than a few percent for different driving conditions, then more tuning could improve drivability.

The next step in tuning the injectors is to monitor AFR and STFT response at different MAF Hz values and tune the MAF curve so that AFRs are spot-on across the airflow range. Takes a lot of time and effort to do this though.

BTW, I'm puzzled as to why the MAF scaling table didn't have any appreciable affect. Its always worked for me.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by mrfred
The next step in tuning the injectors is to monitor AFR and STFT response at different MAF Hz values and tune the MAF curve so that AFRs are spot-on across the airflow range. Takes a lot of time and effort to do this though.

BTW, I'm puzzled as to why the MAF scaling table didn't have any appreciable affect. Its always worked for me.
yes, it's the next step. i see that like fill whole fuel map from 120 by 11.5, wgdc=0 and WOTing

why maf not affecting - maybe my bad. cause i add % to scaling value without adder(160). maybe this a reason, not sure.

what you can say about this?
and one more question: if i change afr in map for cruise to 15.6(tuned 14.7 this time), does trims adaptive and i get same trims?

thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
lis there any level of a direct relationship between 14v latency and global afr? what i mean is, if you lower latency by X ms does afr richen x%?

my car has always had a pretty wide split between the fuel table requests and actual afr, but it never bothered me. i think i found a latency i like finally which was down 0.050ms from where i started. meanwhile i made a blanket change of my fuel map down 4 clicks (more fuel) and still the car is 0.5-0.8 afr points richer than i had it dialed on the stock injectors.

basically it seems like im having to lower the requests on the map A LOT to get it to mid 11's which is making me feel like im doing something wrong.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

you need to lower the scaling to get the open loop fueling to match then go back and adjust your latency. its somewhere between art and science.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:55 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by killerpenguin21
lis there any level of a direct relationship between 14v latency and global afr? what i mean is, if you lower latency by X ms does afr richen x%?

my car has always had a pretty wide split between the fuel table requests and actual afr, but it never bothered me. i think i found a latency i like finally which was down 0.050ms from where i started. meanwhile i made a blanket change of my fuel map down 4 clicks (more fuel) and still the car is 0.5-0.8 afr points richer than i had it dialed on the stock injectors.

basically it seems like im having to lower the requests on the map A LOT to get it to mid 11's which is making me feel like im doing something wrong.
There is no set relationship between latency and AFR. However, as has been said many times, latency has the strongest effect on idle AFR where a small changes in latency represent a significant fraction of the low pulsewidth needed at idle. The MAF scaling table needs to be tweaked to make fuel table AFR match actual AFR. Well, first its necessary to pick a good scaling value.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:48 AM

mrfred, help please
i have strange issue: when car stopped at traffic light(whatever), afr goes rich and after +|-30 secs it normalized to 14.7. what could it be? I watch it for a long time and don't remember how it was on stock injectors
it's injectors or maybe smth else?

log attached.

thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip
rich_after_stp.zip (55.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by memphis69; Apr 11, 2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 07:50 AM
EvoM Guru

mrfred, help please

it's injectors or maybe smth else?

log attached.

thanks
For some reason, your STFT is going almost full positive and driving idle AFR rich. If you are controlling AFR with the stock front O2 sensor, it might be going bad. I suggest logging it.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 09:09 AM

For some reason, your STFT is going almost full positive and driving idle AFR rich. If you are controlling AFR with the stock front O2 sensor, it might be going bad. I suggest logging it.
i haven't front o2. my o2 controlled with your afrc CL patch
Old Apr 17, 2015, 09:13 AM
EvoM Guru

i haven't front o2. my o2 controlled with your afrc CL patch
Definitely log front O2 to see what's happening. If the patch was applied correctly, you should get reasonable values. It could also be your WBO2 system giving bad values.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 09:19 AM

Definitely log front O2 to see what's happening. If the patch was applied correctly, you should get reasonable values. It could also be your WBO2 system giving bad values.
i have connected zt-2 "simulation wire" to front o2 pin. i need it pinout?
Old Apr 17, 2015, 09:38 AM
EvoM Guru

i have connected zt-2 "simulation wire" to front o2 pin. i need it pinout?
ok, but if you are using my WBO2 patch, then presumably you have the wideband output connected to the rear O2? Either way, you need to log front O2 because my WBO2 patch creates a simulated front O2 signal that replaces whatever signal is being read by the front O2 ADC (in this case, your ZT-2 simulation wire).