Notices
ECU Flash

Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I have a boost leak, but threw in a couple logs...
Looks great, BTW!

vdr standalone: 348/340
excell vdr: 327/315 same setting / dyno corr. fact.

I believe the reason for this is, the gear ratios are different.

standalone
3rd: 1.407
4th: 1.031 (example given on pg. 1)

vdr 5.71
3rd: 1.444
4th: 1.096

Lovin the log loader, and Im also liking the AFR in there, when boost gets added in, it will be the shizzle!!!
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo8426
im getting an error when using it.

E106: E207: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\SavedDataLogs\Cars.xml'
I'm getting the same error. Drag and dropping didn't do anything either.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

you guys, you dont drag and drop them, you click file / load runs, and follow the path to your evoscan program. ie computer/program files/evoscan/saved data logs
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Brad and I calculate our values differently so comparing us side by side will probably have variations. THe correction factor values will be different for each program because they are values calibrated by the creator to match whatever target the creator is trying to match. Even my v6.00 will have different correction factors than v5.71 did. Especially since my HP calculations have changed quite a bit from v5.71. Don't get cuaght up with the correction factors, just find the value that best matches what you are trying to simulate and record that value (i.e; Dynojets,Mustangs, your local dyno shop,etc...). I haven't looked at his version yet so I don't know if his DEFAULT setting is supposed to be simulating a Dynojet Dyno or not but he is going off the dyno data he has compiled I'm sure, which will differ from my Dyno Shop data that I compiled when making v5.71. I averaged data from 20+ different dynojet dynos across the U.S to create an 'average' because they all were a hair different).
Oh Im not gettin caught up in correction factors or numbers or anything. I just want the difference between how this reads, how VDR 5.71 reads and how VDR 6.00 will read, to be know and out in the open.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nonschlont
I think I have a boost leak, but threw in a couple logs...
Looks great, BTW!

vdr standalone: 348/340
excell vdr: 327/315 same setting / dyno corr. fact.

I believe the reason for this is, the gear ratios are different.

standalone
3rd: 1.407
4th: 1.031 (example given on pg. 1)

vdr 5.71
3rd: 1.444
4th: 1.096

Lovin the log loader, and Im also liking the AFR in there, when boost gets added in, it will be the shizzle!!!
Evo IX had different gear ratios than VIII's Those are Evo VIII Gear Ratios he has loaded.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Oh Im not gettin caught up in correction factors or numbers or anything. I just want the difference between how this reads, how VDR 5.71 reads and how VDR 6.00 will read, to be know and out in the open.
I am still compling dyno data from a few more dyno sources I have around the US to better my averages before launching. Then there should be something else to compare.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mike01gsr
i'm getting the same error. Drag and dropping didn't do anything either.
+3
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by philr8
+3
you need to install framework.NET on your pc.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nonschlont
you guys, you dont drag and drop them, you click file / load runs, and follow the path to your evoscan program. ie computer/program files/evoscan/saved data logs
Thats what I did originally and I get an error message.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
you need to install framework.NET on your pc.
already on my pc
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

The way Jack and I calculate power is different. He is correct to say our correction factors may be different for the same dynos. As people start using it and comparing it to their dynos ... a list of dyno types and the correction factor used to match that type of dyno would be handy to have so I could make an average factor per dyno type.

Also you can drag and drop your CSV file it does the same thing as the file/loadruns option.

Ohh and if I have a few cars data wrong PLEASE let me know which ones via PM and how to correct them.

Thanks for your support and Ill get these small things fixed asap and get a new version posted. Watch this thread for updated versions.

Brad
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo8426
im getting an error when using it.

E106: E207: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\EvoScan\EvoScan v2.6\SavedDataLogs\Cars.xml'
I am getting the exact same error when I try to use the Load Runs menu. Then if I try to drag and drop my evoscan files nothing happens, I see others are having the same issue am I missing something? I have net framework already on my computer so thats not an issue.

Last edited by 03lances; Jun 26, 2010 at 01:33 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 01:49 AM
Account Disabled

very nice brad, the dyno plot looks familiar the file name is what DLL showed for my car on the street before getting on a dynojet a few hours later when it was warmer ambient temps.

DLL 677/518 @38psi
Dynojet 703/539 #38psi *video here*

I think the critical piece this is missing is obviously the data regarding the various year/model/transmission/weight and also the ability to clip off the end of the run so it doesn't have that spike or fall at the end. Then the screen shot option.

I'll be using this as my primary dyno plot software once these things are fixed and the correction factor is finalized. DLL has been rock solid for me for years but it's a huge pain in the *** to use, I can't wait to ditch it

Last edited by Mellon Racing; Jun 26, 2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03lances
I am getting the exact same error when I try to use the Load Runs menu. Then if I try to drag and drop my evoscan files nothing happens, I see others are having the same issue am I missing something? I have net framework already on my computer so thats not an issue.
Same issue I'm experiencing, .NET 3.5 installed running Windows XP Pro and still getting that error.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Creamo ... it requires .net 2.0, I wrote it that way to try to cover more peoples ability to run .NET applications.

Mellon if you can help me get the correction factors or some of the stock gear ratios and things of that nature we can get this thing finished. I have been needing some help in that department for a couple of months now but I keep getting no where with it. I wish there was a reliable place to get the info from. The trimming shouldnt be that hard to add, and the screenshot functionality is already there. (Hint: right click on the graph)

Ill try to add something that may take care of the missing car.xml problem in the next release. Let me try something and publish a new version.

Quick Reply: Virtual Dyno - Standalone Software