Notices
ECU Flash

OpenPort 2.0 Not Responding

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OpenPort 2.0 Not Responding

Okay looking for some assistance here. I can not get my laptop to even see the Tactrix Open Port 2.0 never the less log or flash with it. I have searched until my eyes have bleed but can not find anyone having a similar issue or atleast a post about it. This is what I have done and what I get.

Installed EcuFlash and all drivers, uninstalled EcuFlash and tried reinstalling. Installed EvoScan but when I hook up to computer on EcuFlash all I get is a message in the lower right hand corner that says "no vehicle interface" and when I try to capture data with EvoScan I get the following message "OpenPort2 USB Cable Not Responding. Unplug your USB cable from the PC and replug this in and retry."

I have tried to manually install the drivers and everything says that it is installed successfully yet I can not communicate with ecu. My laptop doesn't even see that the OpenPort is connected to it...

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appriciated....
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by warrusmc
Okay looking for some assistance here. I can not get my laptop to even see the Tactrix Open Port 2.0 never the less log or flash with it. I have searched until my eyes have bleed but can not find anyone having a similar issue or atleast a post about it. This is what I have done and what I get.

Installed EcuFlash and all drivers, uninstalled EcuFlash and tried reinstalling. Installed EvoScan but when I hook up to computer on EcuFlash all I get is a message in the lower right hand corner that says "no vehicle interface" and when I try to capture data with EvoScan I get the following message "OpenPort2 USB Cable Not Responding. Unplug your USB cable from the PC and replug this in and retry."

I have tried to manually install the drivers and everything says that it is installed successfully yet I can not communicate with ecu. My laptop doesn't even see that the OpenPort is connected to it...

Any help or suggestions will be greatly appriciated....

Try plugging the OP 2.0 into another computer just to make sure it actually works. You don't need to install the drivers on the other computer - just see if it pops up with the 'Found New Hardware Wizard'. Then go from there

Also, try all the USB ports on your laptop.

-Bink
Old Jul 24, 2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by binky
Try plugging the OP 2.0 into another computer just to make sure it actually works. You don't need to install the drivers on the other computer - just see if it pops up with the 'Found New Hardware Wizard'. Then go from there

Also, try all the USB ports on your laptop.

-Bink
I actually try this just after posting. I plugged it into my desktop and it did not see it either.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:13 AM

Finally got to talk to someone at Tactrix and it appears they had a few OpenPort 2.0's slip out with out being tested and I must have got one and it is a bad one. GREAT customer support btw and should have my replacement by the end of the week. Thanks guys for the help and again thanks to Tactrix and their amazing customer support one of the best I have ever dealt with!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello coud someone help me which one mini jack output is the Reflashing wire in the Openport 2.0 cable ? The "A" or "B" or "C" in the picture shoud I connect to the white connector in the Evo 8 ?
I have an Openport 2.0 cable without the 7/8/9 10$ package abd I'm outside of the USA and would like to wait weeks to able to flash my car

I attached a picture, and thank you !