Notices
ECU Flash

Complete Rear O2 Delete Patch (88590015)

Old May 13, 2012, 05:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to thank mrfred for making this mod possible and for SsZERO because it just happens to be his thread that i find with this awesome piece of info.

this was my first reflash too, and SsZERO layed it down for me to understand w/o a problem!!! thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
MR. IX (May 21, 2021)
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have added this patch to my 88590015 ROM after removing the rear o2 pin from the ecu. I am now throwing cell code p0138. I've tried every o2 removal patch to no avail.thanks In advance

Fritz
Old Mar 8, 2013, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

This worked great thanks alot!!!
Old Mar 8, 2013, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
The only reason i'd remove my rear 02 is to log the wideband instead... Not sure why else you'd want to do this.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
The only reason i'd remove my rear 02 is to log the wideband instead... Not sure why else you'd want to do this.
If you are like me and like the vast majority that is running straight turbo back exhaust with test pipes and you dont want that annoying service engine soon in your face.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if the car was tuned with the rear o2 in place ( 3 inch hi flow cat) and now ive deleted my cat and plan to run a test pipe with the o2 in place tapped into the test pipe. will i throw a code and also how will the car run/ should i just run this patch and disable? wont my car run in closed loop the whole time without it?
Old Apr 26, 2013, 07:06 PM
Account Disabled

question on this. for the folks that did this mod, how many miles did you drive after for the o2 to catch up and get corrected?
i've done the patch but seems like my O and OH is still not ready. i've driven about ~30 miles
Old May 26, 2013, 06:10 PM

Have recently had my 2003 JDM evo 8 tuned for E85 with dual maps using the 96530706 xml.
The original Jdm XML was 93660005.

I've read every page in about 8 different threads about this but have not been able to get this resolved yet. Obviously being Jdm my car never had a rear 02 sensor, so it is software related as the code only came up after the reflash.

How should this be resolved.?
It has been disabled using the 00009 (or something, not i'm not the tuner but he's used that before and its worked) patch, with rear 02 sensor heater turned off in periphery and not, also tried the rear 02 sensor simulator, in which just made the car rev weirdly at idle and threw AFR's way out. Without being skilled in this myself i can say with confidence my tuner is and had flashed many 8s without problems.

I have been back to the tuner several times and we have tried all options i could see mentioned in the threads to work this out and it just comes back on after 20-30mins. I have read that the 96530706 is difficult to work out on cars older than 2005. Is this the problem and do we need to try a different xml? If so which is recommended and how to disable the rear 02 sensor in that?

Understand this may have been answered but would really appreciate it spelled out in a single paragraph so i can take instructions back to tuner. Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2015, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
"Once you add the patch, open your rom in ECU flash and verify that the data matches the listing below BEFORE you make any changes"

what exactly does this mean?
Old Apr 26, 2015, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 6spdlegend
"Once you add the patch, open your rom in ECU flash and verify that the data matches the listing below BEFORE you make any changes"

what exactly does this mean?
It means exactly what it says: compare the values that are listed right below in that step to the values that you see in ecuflash when you open the rom and verify that the values of your rom image match.
fayaz oozeer (Aug 21, 2016)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SsZERO
It means exactly what it says: compare the values that are listed right below in that step to the values that you see in ecuflash when you open the rom and verify that the values of your rom image match.
got it- patch applied
Old Apr 29, 2015, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry I haven't been getting updates on this thread so there are some old questions that I didn't reply to:

Originally Posted by Grimgrak
The rear O2 is basically there to verify that the catalytic converter is functioning properly and nothing more. It's not like the front O2 sensor that the engine uses to adjust performance parameters. When you swap to a high flow cat or test pipe, you'll eventually get a CEL. This patch eliminates that nuisance CEL for those of us that are running a HFC or test pipe.

Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
if the car was tuned with the rear o2 in place ( 3 inch hi flow cat) and now ive deleted my cat and plan to run a test pipe with the o2 in place tapped into the test pipe. will i throw a code and also how will the car run/ should i just run this patch and disable? wont my car run in closed loop the whole time without it?
The rear O2 is a diagnostic sensor that doesn't/shouldn't have any effect on engine performance. I.e., the car will not switch to a "safe mode" ECU map if there's a problem indicated by the rear O2, nor should your tune be affected.

My car was tuned with the rear O2 in place and I applied this patch afterwards; never had a problem and car still runs fine. It has been 4 years since I patched my car.

Originally Posted by yellowbirds58
question on this. for the folks that did this mod, how many miles did you drive after for the o2 to catch up and get corrected?
i've done the patch but seems like my O and OH is still not ready. i've driven about ~30 miles
It should be instant because the patch effectively removes the rear O2 from the equation. The patch won't reset an existing CEL related to the O2 sensor; to do that you'd need an OBD scanner which you plug in and use to delete the error code causing the CEL (as long as it's the code for the O2 sensor. If it's a different code you should check it before resetting it). You'll know the patch is working because you will never get a CEL for the rear O2 sensor in the future.
Old May 3, 2015, 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

For those who wire their wideband into the ecu by tapping into the rear o2 wire- will this patch interfere with that? The reason I ask is because I'm following this guide to get my wideband up and running for datalogging using rear o2 wire into ecu:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...o-evoscan.html

and I'm not able to get valid values from the wideband in EvoScan- I'm wondering if this rear o2 delete patch could be the reason?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 02:08 PM

88590015, using Heather patch to fix 0037 cel , but still have 0136, so add rear O2 sim, seem to fix that. BUT then car doesnt follow fuelling from fuel table. Runs much leaner, follow 12.x AFR instead 10 or 9 which are actually in fuel table. So i removed O2 sim, fuelling ok, just 0136 in ecu memory(no CEL light fortunately).

Probably nobody have this problem, im right?
Old Oct 27, 2015, 12:45 AM

So apparently due to the bug announced at the top of the page, the patch from the OP did not appear as plain text and it had me confused for a bit. I've put it in a .txt file and attached here if anyone else needs the patch and cannot figure out how to see it.
Attached Files
Siege (Apr 13, 2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complete Rear O2 Delete Patch (88590015)