Notices
ECU Flash

Pajero Evolution Need xml

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vinson158
Good day.
I think there are only Mivec table on modern engines, after 2000 model year or later. As someone said, this is just a phase shifter by type Vvti at Toyota.

To 6G74 Mivec, likely, even if the solenoid fails, then we did not know.
I do not feel a change in the engine when he should earn Mivec. Connects Mivec controller and changed the switch point, but did not notice anything. I think that the solenoids are blocked or out of service. At Honda Vtec solenoids clogged with mud and with no mistakes, only bad car rides.

I did not know all of you, so I want to ask a question separately: TCU exposed firmware? Has anyone tried to strengthen automatic Pajero Evo?
There is a sensor behind the steering wheel so I believe there is the option for the ecu to use yaw as on the later ones however this will also affect the power output on turning and also the points that the invecs downshifts, it also learnes the habits of the driver so will adapt to the driving style of the operator.

The auto box is based on HAUNDAI V5A51 and has many parts available from the us dealers, The torque convertor has a lock up clutch in side !! rebuild the torque convertor and plug the clutches with PETROLIUM jelly whilst the box is inverted after priming with oil as irt runs out when slippage occurs.

Common fault for the mivec is that the vacuum actuator at the front has a weak point which wares the control arm, remove actuator for variable intake and job done.

Last edited by PajEVO; Apr 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: read on
Old Apr 30, 2014, 10:48 PM

:mitsu:

Old May 31, 2014, 03:47 AM
Evolving Member

Guys, what rom template do you use to read Pajero Evo ecu ?
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:19 PM

No mivec ?

Hi again, Merlin & Acamus, I'v had trouble after trouble trying to sort me evo, the latest being the alternator which I sorted today.

Now I have another fault with mivec. My hood has a metal plate beneath the air scoop which restricts the air flow and so I removed it while I changed out the alternator. I have not disturbed any connections other than the ecu which have all been unplugged but not altered, so can the increase in pressure created by the air scoop affect the mivec as before it used to really kick in at about 5000 rpm with a real increase in both performance and sound, now it simply seems as there is no mivec at all.

could I be needing a maf which detects a positive pressure being that now the engine bay has a increase in pressure or could I be missing something else, Any thoughts any one?
Old Feb 3, 2016, 04:14 AM

Ahhh, turned out to be the solenoid, sorted
Old Nov 30, 2016, 07:30 PM

Question Pajero V73,6G72 need ECU Rom and XML

Originally Posted by acamus
I may give it a shot.

Hi,i have a Mistubichi Pajero V73,6G72-SOHC,2972cc,5MT,model :V73WLNXVQL1C,main chip MH8305F; It factory and export to China in 2000.Last week,I just change the original engine to Pajero V75'engine ,6G74 -SOHC ,3500cc.Now I still using the original ECU. I have read the Rom with Openport2.0, and I got a "read-image.srt" file.But i don't know does this file can work or not. Neither, There was no Rom ID and i could not open it for tuing.And I need the Rom and XML to tune ECU by using the Openport2.0 .Cloud you help me,please?Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 30, 2016, 07:38 PM

Question Pajero V73,6G72 need ECU Rom and XML

Originally Posted by merlin.oz
This is what I have so far, strip off the dot txt:

Hi,i have a Mistubichi Pajero V73,6G72-SOHC,2972cc,5MT,model :V73WLNXVQL1C,main chip MH8305F; It factory and export to China in 2000.Last week,I just change the original engine to Pajero V75'engine ,6G74 -SOHC ,3500cc.Now I still using the original ECU. I have read the Rom with Openport2.0, and I got a "read-image.srt" file.But i don't know does this file can work or not. Neither, There was no Rom ID and i could not open it for tuing.And I need the Rom and XML to tune ECU by using the Openport2.0 .Cloud you help me,please?Thank you in advance.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 12:49 AM

Hello everyone,

I have several questions about my ECU, a melco-mistubishi LF17 18 881J with an MH8505F processor. The first is, why is it called MELCO and not mitshubishi? The second is why I can not read the ECU with OPENPORT 2.0 (OF) and ECUFLASH while it is the same processor as the EVO 9, the memory address is the same no? Thanks
Old Jan 7, 2017, 02:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JIM-K
I have several questions about my ECU, a melco-mistubishi LF17 18 881J with an MH8505F processor. The first is, why is it called MELCO and not mitshubishi? The second is why I can not read the ECU with OPENPORT 2.0 (OF) and ECUFLASH while it is the same processor as the EVO 9, the memory address is the same no? Thanks
MELCO = Mitsubishi Electric Co

There are two different reflashing protocols for the MH8305:
- a 512kB version of the protocol used in the Evo 7/8 ECUs ("mitsukernel"); and
- the protocol used in the Evo 9 ECUs ("mitsukernelocp").

The changeover appears to have happened in about 2004-2005.

As I recall (I haven't checked recent versions closely) you probably need a custom read template file installed for ECUFlash to be able to read the full ROM from an MH8305. If you just use the Evo 7/8 vehicle type you only get the first 256kB.

Custom read template files have been posted on the net - if you search for such files for an Evo 7 GT-A or Magna (AUDM) you should find one.

The ROM definition also has to have the correct reflashing protocol for ECUFlash to be able to write to the ECU. This can be quite annoying for cars where ECUs of both types were used with the same ROM.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 09:35 AM

Hello ,
Thanks for your reply, so I have to download the files, but I have a problem because I try to read the ECU with different protocol but each time it puts me "no response to any known code" Checked the voltage of the battery and I am more than 12 V.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 04:50 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JIM-K
Thanks for your reply, so I have to download the files, but I have a problem because I try to read the ECU with different protocol but each time it puts me "no response to any known code" Checked the voltage of the battery and I am more than 12 V.
Sorry, I didn't pay enough attention to your earlier post: your ECU is for a Mazda while ECUFlash I believe only supports reflashing MH8305 core ECUs used in Mitsubishi vehicles.

I have no experience with the products but MMCFlash and PCMFlash both claim to support Mazda ECUs of this or similar type.
Old Jul 15, 2018, 03:14 PM

Hello, bringing back to life this post, Acamus and Merlin, i said thanks a lot for this very helpful rom and xml, we use it to put in a montero ecu and run the speed density in a 3.8 mivec engine in mitsubishi mirage cars with the engine swap!!!! But now i have a question i see the xml and it have a scaling for “RPMSTATLIMIT” (2step, or stationary rpm limit) but doest have the tables.... can you create those?? With speed deactivate email dlopez.acevedo@gmail.com