Notices

RAX Patch - ROM patches

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
"FileDen is down for maintenance - we'll be back in no time".

Of course, that message could have read, "FileDen is rubbish - we'll be back being rubbish in no time".

If anyone can recommend free file hosting that has all of the following...
  • A file management interface not designed by sadists.
  • An account-maintenance screen that doesn't try to infect you with malware.
  • Free file hosting
...I'd be delighted.

Rich
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could try this site.

http://www.mediafire.com/
Old Nov 29, 2011, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rich, thank you for figuring that out so quick... you're awesome!

Feel free to send it to me via email if you'd like. I'm PM'ing you my email address right now.

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still not working. pm'd for 53040110.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

File hosting debacle should be resolved. Now the downloads should, well, download.

In other news, UT_EvoX is testing a beta version that adds the Omni 4-Bar re-scaling option to the Baro Compensation patch. Once that is verified as sane and working, it will quickly be incorporated into the next revision of RAX2.

Rich
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks again Rich. The work you're doing here is awesome.

I had the opportunity to test this out this morning, and the base/atmospheric boost value for the Omni 4 bar patch looks good. It was 12.65 psi which pretty closely matched my barometer reading (within .1 psi).

I started to log all of the boost parameters on the way to work, but my Win 7 laptop BSOD'd on me before I got any good data. Will try again later today while I continue my E85 tuning.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I will mess with the 52680022 version today on the way to work. See how it's working.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by richardjh
File hosting debacle should be resolved. Now the downloads should, well, download.

In other news, UT_EvoX is testing a beta version that adds the Omni 4-Bar re-scaling option to the Baro Compensation patch. Once that is verified as sane and working, it will quickly be incorporated into the next revision of RAX2.

Rich
If you'd like a server to host the files on, let me know and I can set you up something on one of mine, that way you dont have to deal with those file hosting sites.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_EvoX
Thanks again Rich. The work you're doing here is awesome.

I had the opportunity to test this out this morning, and the base/atmospheric boost value for the Omni 4 bar patch looks good. It was 12.65 psi which pretty closely matched my barometer reading (within .1 psi).

I started to log all of the boost parameters on the way to work, but my Win 7 laptop BSOD'd on me before I got any good data. Will try again later today while I continue my E85 tuning.
Thanks... I'll get a new revision done that includes support for Omni 4-Bar.

Rich
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:00 PM

Rich, why don't you just put your files on a Google Code and/or Github account? That way it would also be possible to retrieve old revisions of your patches.

Bernhard

btw. many thanks for your hard work on this stuff!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:11 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks Bernhard!

I'll certainly take a look at that...

Rich
Old Dec 2, 2011, 03:04 AM
Evolved Member

Update: RAX Version 2 Revision 3

RAX2v3 contains support for Omni 4-Bar MAP Sensor when using Atmospheric Boost Baro Compensation. Simply choose your mode when you first apply the patch.

The instructions document has been updated to cover the new stuff. This comes in pdf form in every RAX Patch fileset. Also attached below, for reference.

To those using the older RAX2v2, you don't need to do a single thing! No need to update your XML or do anything your ROM. I've simply added an extra mode for anyone with an aftermarket Omni 4-Bar MAP sensor, so the scalings work properly with the other "Omni" patches to Direct Boost.

New files are available via the download links in the original post. Well, the ones that actually exist! To that end...

I'll now get back to releasing RAX Patch for the remaining 5MT ROMs on the list. Eventually, I'll come full circle and bring the SST ROMs up to the latest revision.

Rich
Attached Files
Old Dec 4, 2011, 04:41 AM
Evolved Member

Three more 5MT patches added... 2010 USDM, 2011 USDM, 2011 EDM. Those downloads are now available from the first post.

crimson red requested that I take a look at adding JDM 56180001-56180002 to the patch collection. Will do that next.

To those of you who have successfully trialled RAX Patch on one of the ROMs marked "Untested" in the first post, please let me know. I'll update those test-status lists as we go.

Rich
Old Dec 4, 2011, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

EvoM member Khaydin has pointed out that the Atmospheric Boost Baro Compensation patch has an upper ceiling on the pressure adjustment it will apply, and that the ceiling may need to be raised.

Currently, the patch won't push up boost targets with baro pressure any higher than 14.7psi.

That ceiling is a safety feature I added, to guard against crazy baro sensor values doing bad things to boost targets.

The next revision of the patch may well see this raised to allow up, eg. to 15.1psi (if that considered sane and reasonable for a baro sensor reading).

Rich

Last edited by richardjh; Dec 4, 2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: clarity
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by richardjh
EvoM member Khaydin has pointed out that the Atmospheric Boost Baro Compensation patch has an upper ceiling on the pressure adjustment it will apply, and that the ceiling may need to be raised.

Currently, the patch won't push up boost targets with baro pressure any higher than 14.7psi.

That ceiling is a safety feature I added, to guard against crazy baro sensor values doing bad things to boost targets.

The next revision of the patch may well see this raised to allow up, eg. to 15.1psi (if that considered sane and reasonable for a baro sensor reading).

Rich
Makes sense to me...

Quick Reply: RAX Patch - ROM patches