Notices

GTR Evoscan Gauges for OEM Navi?

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GTR Evoscan Gauges for OEM Navi?

Hello,

Thanks for reading this post, I really liked the display of gauges on the GTR, I currently own a 09 Ralliart with OEM Navi, and I was wondering if there are other ways instead of buying the Evoscan Navi kit, * having 2 screens is not very attractive*, I can just buy a CD or software where I can display the GTR gauges on my OEM Navi. I tried emailing Evoscan about it, but got no reply, I was wondering If anyone here knows, Thanks again!
Old May 2, 2012, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can make this happen on a Pioneer F-series unit. You cannot use EvoScan, but other software exists that is still pretty good. Plus, I can data-log for up to 18 hours through the H/U (AFR, boost, knock, etc.). The stock navigation unit doesn't run on the same OS, though. I would guess that Mitsubishi proprietary software is going to be more trouble than it is worth. I am confident that I could make this happen on a Ford OEM MyTouch unit, as well. I have yet to see someone put one of those in an Evolution X, but it would be a cool swap.

Now, if you can get your hands on a Magden MB1 or an HKS Camp-II, then you can display gauges as an analog input on the OEM navigation unit. However, you will need to bypass the DVD In-Motion restriction.
Old May 2, 2012, 09:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Also, if you can get your iPhone to display video on the navigation unit, I can make that work, as well. You will need a Kiwi PLX WiFi system in order to send input to the iPhone wirelessly and the DashCommand application. I reworked a GT-R dash for that application that will display the necessary information. I haven't gotten around to connecting the DashCommand gauges to a PLX system, but it should be pretty straightforward. The PIDs should be stored as part of the application.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanksss alott !! that was very helpful.. I appreciate it! So with the Magden Linux OBDII , I can just plug it in my Obd and it will automatically show on my screen?
Old May 2, 2012, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

I have no clue how the Magden system works. You will need to buy an external wideband O2 and boost sensor to monitor those two parameters. I know that the ZT-2 will work with the Magden MB1.
Old May 2, 2012, 02:31 PM
Former Sponsor

After this thread, I am seriously considering purchasing an OEM Ford MyTouch system.