Notices
ECU Flash

Lancer ecu and ecuFlash on a GM engine

Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer ecu and ecuFlash on a GM engine

Hello.
I just finished a turbo build and ecuFlash tune on an Oz and I'm really impressed with ecuFlash. I pretty much want use the system on everything now.

My shop mostly deals with GM European engines and I'd like to use the same lancer/ecuFlash setup on our project cars.

The engines are very similar to the 4G93E. ...at any rate, I've gotta find out how to get around issues with sensor input/output.

Regarding tuning, the cam, crank, map and knock sensors are the biggest issues. Id like to use the GM sensors for these. I can use evo/lancer sensors for everything else.

The next thing to overcome is the instrument panel. Ive never taken on an engine management project this far out of the norm so I'm not sure what to expect.

I can probably find an ecu pinout, swap out the ecu leads and hope for the best but I'd like to get some input from the forum.

Thanks in advance.
Garrett
Old Jul 7, 2012, 08:03 AM

At this point I'll just start collecting links to threads as I find them...

The information I'm looking to gather is basically how to turn the Evo ecu and ecuFlash into a stand-alone ecu.

JDM 3bar MAP (looks like the GM 3bar won't be needed)

Alternative MAF sensors

Last edited by HSPauto; Jul 7, 2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 08:10 AM

Uhm, Yeah. I dont know much about the actual sensor reading voltages and what not. But I would imagine that the GM sensors most likely have different voltage needs, and resistances that the ECU most likely will not be able to read.

Just go to a stand alone setup for those would be my recommendation. There are plenty of options from aem, to haltech, to megasquirt.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the reply.

Normally our shop would go with an AEM system. I actually have a couple FICs on the shelf which would be plenty of control for now.

I was trying to find a cost affective stand-alone system for now tho because AEM is preparing to launch a new stand-alone in about a year. It's supposed to make their v2 obsolete, so if that were the end plan I would just want to wait.

However, I like ecuFlash and our shop is planning on putting a lot of time and effort into our evo/oz projects/products and I'd like to keep everything as similar as possible.

With the amount of progress that is made on ecuFlash through this forum, I wouldn't be surprised if sensor scaling patches were figured out for just about everything in a few years. It just comes down to there being a need for it.

But anyways, I've been thinking about just swapping out all the sensors and reluctors to Mitsu items. That wouldn't be hard, my only concern is that I don't like the 7-8 CAS and reluctor.

I like the 60-2 CAS system for accurate ignition, I just haven't found a way to make that happen yet.