Notices
ECU Flash

ICS Light Output, Alt Maps and USDM IX...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2012, 06:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ICS Light Output, Alt Maps and USDM IX...

I found a couple threads which say that the ICS output will flash when alternate maps are enabled (if turned on in the tephra-v7 options). I wired up the ICS lamp output (pin90 on the IX ECU), flashed the ROM (88590715) with the "Flash ICS on Alt Maps" enabled and used the TPS to activate alt maps. I verified this by setting up the ignition maps at 5deg and 15deg at idle to see the switch in EvoScan. I did not, however, see the voltage "flash" on my DMM...or see this pin pulled to ground like the CEL output.

I then wired up wires to the ICS auto and manual switch inputs (pins 66 and 67 on the IX ECU), changed the Alt map switching method in the tephra-v7 options to "autoics". I again verified I could switch to and from alt maps by grounding these inputs...but still no ICS lamp output.

Was this ever worked out? I would like a real indication that Alt maps is enabled not just that I have the ADC 0x0F input pulled high like in the map switching harness shown here (http://evoecu.logic.net/wiki/Map_switching_harness). Tephra mentioned that he left the ICS code in the ROM but I think he was talking about the V6 ROM...does anyone know if the code is still in the v7 ROM?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ht-output.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ng-evo-ix.html

EDIT: Oh and I also always get a 4 returned when I log MUT40, which I set to 0x8425....

Last edited by dingus; Jul 26, 2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UP
i have same problem rom 8859 and ics lamp is NOT working on alt map

Last edited by besk; Jul 9, 2015 at 04:14 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:28 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I have done many V7 ´s in Evo 9´s and can tell you some things.

All EDM LHD Evo 9 have the Plug for the ICS Switch below the Cupholders and are wired correctly to the Ecu.
Also, the bulb is installed in the gauge cluster.
This is for all Evo0 with the Car fin is starting like JMBSJCT9A

If the vin is CT9A....the it is an General Export LHD which will apply to RS and GSR Models.

BUT: it seems that all General Export ( RHD and LHD ), and some RHD UK/JDM models of the evo 9 didnt have the Bulb installed and the wiring from the ECU to the Bulb is missing.

SO: If you didnt have the ICS Loom @ the Cupholder location, then you are missing the ICS Bulb wire and the bulb itself.

There was a change in the production during a certain time where the installed the NON ICS looms in the cars if they didnt have an ICS Bottle. The latest Models, MJ 2007 ( final assembly in Japan ) and 2008/9 ( final assembly in Malaysia by Proton) were getting the full loom again sometimes.

The USDM Cats have the ACD Pump in the location for the ICS, so it might be that they were also getting the loom ( especial the later ones ) without the ICS BULB wiring. ( but i am not sure about that since i didnt have so many USDM Cars here in Germany )

Last edited by german_evoVII; Jul 9, 2015 at 12:33 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by german_evoVII
I have done many V7 ´s in Evo 9´s and can tell you some things.

All EDM LHD Evo 9 have the Plug for the ICS Switch below the Cupholders and are wired correctly to the Ecu.
Also, the bulb is installed in the gauge cluster.
This is for all Evo0 with the Car fin is starting like JMBSJCT9A

If the vin is CT9A....the it is an General Export LHD which will apply to RS and GSR Models.

BUT: it seems that all General Export ( RHD and LHD ), and some RHD UK/JDM models of the evo 9 didnt have the Bulb installed and the wiring from the ECU to the Bulb is missing.

SO: If you didnt have the ICS Loom @ the Cupholder location, then you are missing the ICS Bulb wire and the bulb itself.

There was a change in the production during a certain time where the installed the NON ICS looms in the cars if they didnt have an ICS Bottle. The latest Models, MJ 2007 ( final assembly in Japan ) and 2008/9 ( final assembly in Malaysia by Proton) were getting the full loom again sometimes.

The USDM Cats have the ACD Pump in the location for the ICS, so it might be that they were also getting the loom ( especial the later ones ) without the ICS BULB wiring. ( but i am not sure about that since i didnt have so many USDM Cars here in Germany )
Dear mate,thank you for your info and know how about evo 9.
Mine is dic 2007 evo9 gsr from import german market.
i'm sure i have the ICS bulb and is working because with previous ROM 8858 was working.
now with ROM 8859 isn't working anymore.
is it possible fix this issue on ROM 8859 or i need to change ROM?

cheers

Last edited by besk; Jul 9, 2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
The latest Models, MJ 2007 ( final assembly in Japan ) and 2008/9 ( final assembly in Malaysia by Proton) were getting the full loom again sometimes.
I didn't know any 9s were made by Proton or that 9s were made up until 09. Were these just for Malaysia?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Ah...now i understand....

You changed the rom from the JDM / General Export 8858 one ( which is basically running in an EDM ECU ) to the USDM Rom Version.

Then it is most likely possible that the code isnt be there. Could not test it since i didnt do that swap to v7 at any time.
Last car we are doing that swap was with an Tehpra V5 version, and there it was doing the ICS Bulb the right way.

@wreckleford

Yep, they built these GT and GT-MR Models for their market ( called Proton Pert ), but also did some as LHD Versions for General export. ( maybe somebody found that it is still in production and managed that, because they were not for Sale by Mitsubishi )

Ive seen until now about 10 of them here in Europe. (some were delivert as Base fo Rally cars )
They have the Full GSR Equipment ( so AYC, ACD, auto AC, PW, CL ) but have the JDM RS Engine Mods ( Dual Boost solenoid, Water Sprayer, 5 Speed )

They looked like as anything was installed ( but no sunroof or rear Wiper ) what was left in the assembly line.
Most of them were built 2008, an they were ( as far as i seen them ) only in White and Red.
All had the MR Frontlip ( second edition style ) and the Stiffer EDM Rear wing ( The wings that did not peel... )

Last edited by german_evoVII; Jul 9, 2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 01:34 PM

Ah...now i understand....

You changed the rom from the JDM / General Export 8858 one ( which is basically running in an EDM ECU ) to the USDM Rom Version.

Then it is most likely possible that the code isnt be there. Could not test it since i didnt do that swap to v7 at any time.
Last car we are doing that swap was with an Tehpra V5 version, and there it was doing the ICS Bulb the right way.

@wreckleford

Yep, they built these GT and GT-MR Models for their market ( called Proton Pert ), but also did some as LHD Versions for General export. ( maybe somebody found that it is still in production and managed that, because they were not for Sale by Mitsubishi )

Ive seen until now about 10 of them here in Europe. (some were delivert as Base fo Rally cars )
They have the Full GSR Equipment ( so AYC, ACD, auto AC, PW, CL ) but have the JDM RS Engine Mods ( Dual Boost solenoid, Water Sprayer, 5 Speed )

They looked like as anything was installed ( but no sunroof or rear Wiper ) what was left in the assembly line.
Most of them were built 2008, an they were ( as far as i seen them ) only in White and Red.
All had the MR Frontlip ( second edition style ) and the Stiffer EDM Rear wing ( The wings that did not peel... )
As i understood isn't possible on t v7 have flash ics on 8859 and i have to back on 8858,it's right?
Old Jul 9, 2015, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
try the 8857 Evo9 rom, pretty sure it will get you ICS lamp working and it is a better rom than 8858 and 8859 - simpler and drives better.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 08:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am fairly certain that this feature isn't available in the tephra v7 8859 ROM for the USDM Evo. I wanted to work on making this work...but I got caught up in another car project...