Notices
ECU Flash

Good tuners in GA area

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good tuners in GA area

Any good tuners in the Atlanta, GA area for speed density/ecu controlled boost/ tephra v7? My car is currently tuned on e85 ecu controlled boost, but it is overboosting severly and power is getting cut off with the failsafes. It was tuned for 24psi, but it is overboosting past 30+psi. My gauge only reads 29Psi but the needle is way past that and cutting the power after 6K rpms. No boost leaks, new mods, etc since the tune. Just haven't driven the car much and finally took it out and noticed this. Would like to get this fixed asap. Let me know if you recommend anyone in particular. Tried a few places but want this next tune to be perfect.

Thanks
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I dont know of any tuning in the GA area, but you could always go with a remote tune.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That sounds way out of whack if its ecu controlled. I had this problem after I bounced off the rev limited by accident and discovered that it was a vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold that was loose almost coming off.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

The car was tuned for 24psi with a tactrix 3 port/omni 4bar, but the very next day it was spiking to 27-28psi. Scott said the dyno may not have been setup properly for load. Now it is 30+psi. I checked the lines and they seemed fine. I'll have to double check again. Don't really want to go with a remote tune. Willing to drive up to 2hours
Old Sep 9, 2012, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Then sounds like you need to give Mellon a call. I think he's about 2 hrs away.

Curious. any particular reason you;re not letting Scott re-tune?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 09:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
Then sounds like you need to give Mellon a call. I think he's about 2 hrs away.

Curious. any particular reason you;re not letting Scott re-tune?
Mellon doesnt do ECU boost though.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boosted Tuning
Mellon doesnt do ECU boost though.
Didn't know that.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't have a good experience with Scott. I got it tuned last month by him and already want it retuned. He said the dyno may not have been setup properly for load. I tried pm'ing him on evoatlanta but no response yet. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. Maybe he just didn't spend enough time on it or something. Ecu controlled boost just seems like a huge headache. I had zero problems with my mbc before this. Absolutely regret going speed density/ecu controlled boost.

Wish there were some good tuners around here. Very particular in finding the right tuner. Already went through a bunch of tuners with previous evos. I will only use reputable tuners now.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ScoobySAM
Didn't have a good experience with Scott. I got it tuned last month by him and already want it retuned. He said the dyno may not have been setup properly for load. I tried pm'ing him on evoatlanta but no response yet. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. Maybe he just didn't spend enough time on it or something. Ecu controlled boost just seems like a huge headache. I had zero problems with my mbc before this. Absolutely regret going speed density/ecu controlled boost.

Wish there were some good tuners around here. Very particular in finding the right tuner. Already went through a bunch of tuners with previous evos. I will only use reputable tuners now.
Why dont you go back to MBC? They work great all the time. Any reason you went ECU boost?

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Sep 10, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
why would you regret going speed density and ecu boost? those are the two best things there are for an evo.. find a better tuner and you will enjoy your car again..

when its tuned properly on speed density it drives extremely well.. ill never use a maf again.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

I don't want to go back because I like the failsafes and I've already spent all this money to have it done. The only reason I did ecu controlled boost and speed density was because I wanted an easier option of switching maps. I got the tephra v7 so I figured it would be easier not having to adjust boost manually.

Why regret speed density and ecu controlled boost? Because it runs like crap right now. Ran 10x better with my old tune and maf setup with a mbc. I had zero issues with maf and mbc. Car ran great. I guess I don't know the benefits of speed density yet cause of the tune. I wish there were some better tuners in this area damnit
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:45 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by ScoobySAM
I don't want to go back because I like the failsafes and I've already spent all this money to have it done. The only reason I did ecu controlled boost and speed density was because I wanted an easier option of switching maps. I got the tephra v7 so I figured it would be easier not having to adjust boost manually.

Why regret speed density and ecu controlled boost? Because it runs like crap right now. Ran 10x better with my old tune and maf setup with a mbc. I had zero issues with maf and mbc. Car ran great. I guess I don't know the benefits of speed density yet cause of the tune. I wish there were some better tuners in this area damnit
speed density does not run like crap.. it runs way better then a maf.. your problem is your tuner is not good at tuning speed density. if speed density ran like crap i would not be running it on my personal evo.. i am very picky when it comes to driveability.

different method / approaches need to be done per each vehicle.. yes its not as simple as tuning a maf. ecu boost has nothing to do with why your vehicle is doing what its doing either.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:40 AM

I agree speed density is the way to be, you're just frustrated with how the car is running.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yes, I am very frustrated. Scott is going to be back in town and look at it in a couple weeks. Hopefully he can work these issues out. I'm actually going to sell this car directly after the tune. I lost interest in this car. Waste of space in my garage. Only driven this thing approx 500mi since i bought it 3 months ago. I was going to use this for a track car but don't have the time for it. Want something I can daily and enjoy...possibly a gtr
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tscompusa
speed density does not run like crap.. it runs way better then a maf.. your problem is your tuner is not good at tuning speed density. if speed density ran like crap i would not be running it on my personal evo.. i am very picky when it comes to driveability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_ZseE-7C8

different method / approaches need to be done per each vehicle.. yes its not as simple as tuning a maf. ecu boost has nothing to do with why your vehicle is doing what its doing either.

That thing looks like it drives amazing. My car drives nothing like that. Especially in the lower rpms.

Quick Reply: Good tuners in GA area