Notices
ECU Flash

New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2014, 09:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by evoscan
wooha, hold up. with this new technology, usb hubs are no longer needed, usb to serial adapters are no longer needed, and dlp-io8 or dlp-io20's are no longer needed. Zeitronix sends that data for oil, boost, afr all in one serial packet along the serial cable. this new evoscan openport 1.3DA and 3.0DA cables have a serial RX input line, so that you can datalog all the zt2 data, and other serial widebands directly without the need of usb-serial adapters. cool huh!
Couple prepurchase questions:
1. Are serial comms to ZT2 working?
2. Is there the possibility to support multiple serial comm channels? Example being an additional Innovate MTS oil temp/pressure gauge on another pin. That'd leave an open 0-5v for water meth logging.
3. Can more of the 44 DIO channels be exposed?
4. Can the logs on the EvoDroid be saved in Dropbox for automagical wifi sync when one gets home?

General EvoScan question:
5. Has there ever been any talk with Harry (of Laptimer fame) to make the products compatible?
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update

Thanks to Hamish, Sunday we tested a lot, he figured out how to display correctly SST temperature (other parameters will be added), he is close to get Innovate LC-2 readings and he would get RAX fast logging on Evodroid.

Old Nov 28, 2014, 11:42 AM

MUT v2 working great

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....mutiiv2&hl=en
Old Dec 5, 2014, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Annd still no aem wideband support yay.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:49 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
Annd still no aem wideband support yay.
AEM wideband support has been added to EvoDroid7 and Tested working by Matt on his EvoDroid7.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 02:52 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nimpoc
1. Are serial comms to ZT2 working?
ZT2 wideband support has been added to EvoDroid7 and Tested working on my Zeitronix with A/F Ratio, Boost PSI, EGT sensor, and Oil Pressure All displaying from the Zeitronix on EvoDroid7.

Last edited by evoscan; Dec 10, 2014 at 03:03 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 03:02 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by jcklimper
can you get RAX patch working for logging. I can get mode 23. If you could help me that'd be awesome.
Hey jcklimper, yes I have a RAX logging version for you to test if you like.. just add me to skype, it is hamish.ahern
Old Dec 10, 2014, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
So how do the rest of us with the older droids get it working?
AEM wideband support has been added to EvoDroid7 and Tested working by Matt on his EvoDroid7.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 08:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Grimgrak
So how do the rest of us with the older droids get it working?

Same here - how/where do we get updates for this toy? is it a PM to you to get the new version(s)? Why haven't you started posting the new updates on www.evoscan.com? or better yet on google play store?

John-
Old Dec 11, 2014, 12:21 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by JohnnyTSi
Why haven't you started posting the new updates on www.evoscan.com? or better yet on google play store?
John-
Hey John, New updates soon to be on evoscan.com, because www.evoscan.com doesn't have a secure downloads page. I have to code it using php. I am in the middle of programming it, I've already spent 6 hours programming it.. probably just another 20hours and it should be all done. At the moment I prefer to use the time programming evodroid7.

Its not on playstore because evoscan only works on specific Android hardware, for example auto start up and auto shutdown with the Vehicle Key on/off, and reliable usb datalogging is hardware specific and only available on EvoDroid7.

Cheers,
Hamish.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 05:52 AM

Its not on playstore because evoscan only works on specific Android hardware, for example auto start up and auto shutdown with the Vehicle Key on/off, and reliable usb datalogging is hardware specific and only available on EvoDroid7.
Hello, Evoscan!
In 2013, I bought online www.evoscan.com program evoscan OP 2.0 and EvoDroid7 OP 3.0DA, but I still can not use them. I wrote to you a private message, hoping to get help or explanation:

Good day!
A little over a year ago in Baltimore bought Evo X MR, some time later purchased on the official site
OpenPort 2.0, Evoscan 2.9.0023 (updated to 0092) and download EcuFlash 1.44.4247.

Until recently, I was in it nothing particularly worried, but a month after the removal of the catalyst and the competition in the Sich, I
there was a knock and pereduv.Now I try to remove the logs using Evoscan, pre-switching in the firmware in two mode23
places with 05 to 23 and in another with 4D to 5D, tried different versions of logging Evoscan, but he could not achieve
real evidence. Judging from the logs that can be controlled (speed, throttle, AFR and speed) - standing on the ground speed
Springs 400 miles, then a minus throttle, and then displays plus does not respond to pedal movement, the load is less then the value in thousands
displays, etc., respectively, the remaining logs testimony is also not valid and can not rely on them. Trying to find the Old forums,
but so far no useful information on removing logs found. So I decided to write my question is maximized, and if you can tell how to configure Evoscan to remove the logs on the Evo X MR SST, ID 59590004 prshivki, please tell me.

Thanks in advance!
Yours Evgeniy!

I apologize if the translation is not quite correct.
Translated using Google translator.
but no reply received. I also wrote to the site www.evoscan.com, the answer was no.
The same thing happens with EvoDroid7 of all devices visible on the screen, are only the battery, speed and drosel (not correct). The rest does not work.
Before you place an order, I peredostavil data of my Evo X and assured me that my car will work, it turned out it is not so !!!
In such a situation, only two thoughts, or money thrown down the drain or the attitude to customers.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:40 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by John.
Hello, Evoscan!
In 2013, I bought online www.evoscan.com program evoscan OP 2.0 and hoping to get help or explanation
yes evoscan works well with openport2.0 and EvoX. Evodroid7 also works well with EvoX.. just select the EvoX xml file from the settings screen that you would like to you use. you can even copy the file from evoscan for windows, it is the same xml datasetting format. so even if you have a customized datasetting xml for your vehicle you can still use it on the evodroid7.

please email me, instead of pm.. my email is support at evoscan.com and I will send you the latest version to use.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 03:39 PM

Hello EvoScan,

Can you confirm that the latest Evoscan works with Windows 8.1 tablet edition?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 05:27 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Se7ve
Hello EvoScan,

Can you confirm that the latest Evoscan works with Windows 8.1 tablet edition?
All EvoScan versions work with Intel and AMD laptops and tablets.
(just make sure it is not WindowsRT o/s, and is running the actual latest windows 8.1)

also be careful there is a lot of cheap junk Windows Intel Atom and Intel Z3735G Quad-core tablets out there at the moment running windows8 and windows8.1, I have four of them here and they all broke down already within a few months, and are bricked. And the screen pixel quality was really bad on two of them. not worth any amount of money, no matter how cheap.

My only windows tablet that is still working after 3 months is my SurfacePro3.

Last edited by evoscan; Jan 9, 2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 03:20 AM

All EvoScan versions work with Intel and AMD laptops and tablets.
(just make sure it is not WindowsRT o/s, and is running the actual latest windows 8.1)

also be careful there is a lot of cheap junk Windows Intel Atom and Intel Z3735G Quad-core tablets out there at the moment running windows8 and windows8.1, I have four of them here and they all broke down already within a few months, and are bricked. And the screen pixel quality was really bad on two of them. not worth any amount of money, no matter how cheap.

My only windows tablet that is still working after 3 months is my SurfacePro3.
Thanks for the detailed response. I have posted a ticket on the Evoscan site but didn't know if it was still active for support tickets

The tablet I am considering is a Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet 64GB SSD 2GB Win8.1Pro 3G 5570 HSPA.

Apologies for the over requesting but due to a special offer on the tablet, time is a constraint for me.

Again, thanks for the response

Quick Reply: New EVODROID7 EvoScan Android GPS/Logger/Reflashing CarPC Touchscreen Review