Notices
ECU Flash

Flashing an Airtrek Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merlin.oz
? why are you trying to use a GTA rom on the Airtrek when the Airtrek rom is now well defined? (after a lot of work).
Hi Merlin, Yes as COOLM4N from Moscow put above there seems to be an issue using a 3 port BCS (I use the Taxtrix) on the Airtrek ROM's where the Wastegate Duty cycle follows my map nicely (between 49% and 57% max) until it's close to changing gear then runs at just under 100% duty so causes massive overboost as my screen shot shows above.

I really don't want to use the GTA ROM at all as I really appreciate all the work you have done with Greg's XML for the Airtrek making it so clearly laid out etc, but I was thinking of trying this option to try and work around this overboost issue.

Any ideas? I'll post my current BDEL and Error Correction maps if that helps?

Cheers,
Russell
Old Jun 22, 2013, 11:44 PM

And BTW, I'm actually using Gregs / your updated XML (89970010) on my New Zealand new Airtrek 2003 model which has 83540001 for the ROM id.

I just copied the 89970010 xml and replaced any reference to this with 83540001 and everything I have changed so far has worked ok (been playing with the tune for the last 8 months) unless this boost control area of the ROM is different?
Old Jun 23, 2013, 07:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw the problem with overboost during shifts on all Airtreks with 899.
And recently I even saw a problem with wgdc drop during shifts with stock solenoid, so I flashed 807 and it also worked fine.
But there is another trouble with 807 - BDEL tables don't work as described, ECU always thinks that current load is above BDEL. I tried to set BDEL+Offset at 200, 230, 250, 300 while my real load was 230 and load error was always positive making ECU to lower WGDC. So if you have stock error correction map it will make you run nearly boost-off. That's why all my frieds zeroed it out. Very nice feature to make flat load, but it doesn't work
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:59 AM

Hi guys, new Airtrek Turbo owner from Auckland NZ here. Could you point me in the right direction of the XML file you guys are using? Just got my tactrix openport and can't wait to get started. Cheers
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by pomnz
Hi guys, new Airtrek Turbo owner from Auckland NZ here. Could you point me in the right direction of the XML file you guys are using? Just got my tactrix openport and can't wait to get started. Cheers
Hey man, where abouts in auckland are you?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:25 AM

Has anyone had issues with timing? Was using 89970010 tune and when my tuner mate tried adjusting the values and measuring up against evoscan it really didn't add up. We had to take HEAPS of timing out and even negative timing, but when a run is done evoscan is showing positive timing, it's like it's getting the figures from another map we are not seeing? (and yes copied values to both high octane maps for all gears) Very odd.

Also found the merlin version 89970010 i couldn't find lean spool on/off control, which i have on greg's xml.

I know i remember reading that Greg had similar issues a while back and thought there might be another timing map that we are not seeing? Also had false knock too, which i have yet to test, but this seemed more likd incorrect values than false knock.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by russellc2
Hi Lawrence & other fellow Airtreker's

Is anyone else using a 3 port BCS and ECUFlash to control their boost on an Airtrek other than Lawrence?

I've recently installed a Tactrix 3 port along with my existing mods of:-
Evo 9 TD05, STI Pink injectors, Walbro 255 pump, 3" TBE, FMIC, GFB Response DV / Bov, ZTX Wideband and Map sensor and am just starting out with boost tuning.

All is going ok except for some strange behaviour towards the end of my WOT runs in 2nd gear. I have my Wastegate duty cycle curve setup how I want it, I am using Boost control load offset of 100, I have my BDEL settings fairly close to the load's I am hitting and I have modified Evoscan to show boost error.

But every time I do a log my WDGC spikes from 55-57 up to 97.5 then back down to 83 or so. I'm trying to run just over 20psi tapering to around 19 but when this spike occurs the boost momentarily shoots over 21psi nearly at redline and once hit 29psi just for a few millseconds...

Could it just be my Boost Desired Engine load and error correction settings are a little off? I'll upload an example log if that helps.

Cheers,
Russell
Silly/stupid question but you changed all 3 wgdc maps to what you wanted correct? (you didn't miss one?) at least it would be an easy fix! :P

I still have allot to learn about wgdc and boost, i am currently using a manual boost to bleed out and increase my boost because i haven't sat down and tuned my wgdc and desired boost properly yet....
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I dont think there is any Lean-Spool in the 89970010 rom.

Did a number of updates to the 89970010 xml this evening, 3 errors and a heap of format stuff, added some new scaling. Did not see anything wrong with wastegate control.
Will see about timing drop on shift tomorrow, its probably in there.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 01:23 PM

I dont think there is any Lean-Spool in the 89970010 rom.

Did a number of updates to the 89970010 xml this evening, 3 errors and a heap of format stuff, added some new scaling. Did not see anything wrong with wastegate control.
Will see about timing drop on shift tomorrow, its probably in there.
Thanks Merlin, your doing a great job

Not sure if they actually work in our ECU or not but:

<table name="Lean spool enable RPM" category="Fuel" address="16e4" type="1D" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

<table name="Lean spool disable RPM" category="Fuel" address="16e8" type="1D" scaling="RPMStatLimit"/>

Also not sure if this boost limit is different to others:

<table name="Boost Limit" category="Turbo" address="381e" type="2D" scaling="LoadBoost">
<table name="RPM" address="684c" type="Y Axis" elements="9" scaling="RPM"/></table>
Old Jun 24, 2013, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by poachersun
Silly/stupid question but you changed all 3 wgdc maps to what you wanted correct? (you didn't miss one?) at least it would be an easy fix! :P

I still have allot to learn about wgdc and boost, i am currently using a manual boost to bleed out and increase my boost because i haven't sat down and tuned my wgdc and desired boost properly yet....
Yep I made all 3 Wastegate Duty maps the same I still have lots to learn too and really hoping that I can continue using the latest XML and work around this high wastegate duty cycle behaviour without going back to my MBC / bleed valve.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
poachersun, you have an error.

the table at address 381e is Closed-Loop Load, Lo-Gear. Not boost limit.
There are two boost limit tables, at 37fe and 380e.

The 1D parameters for Lean-Spool are still in the rom (legacy data), but the all important 2D tables are, sadly, missing. So no Lean-Spool for you. You dont really need it anyway so dont fret.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 07:12 PM

poachersun, you have an error.

the table at address 381e is Closed-Loop Load, Lo-Gear. Not boost limit.
There are two boost limit tables, at 37fe and 380e.

The 1D parameters for Lean-Spool are still in the rom (legacy data), but the all important 2D tables are, sadly, missing. So no Lean-Spool for you. You dont really need it anyway so dont fret.
Ok thanks Merlin!

Also re-lean spool - i wanted to turn it off anyways! My tuner recommended to turn it of and just road tune it better. Makes very small difference for lag, and doesn't help when trying to tune fuel...so very good news!
Old Jun 29, 2013, 09:28 PM

Is someone able to upload an original 89970010 bin for me? I really want to start from fresh and do the changes right, i am not very confident with my customized bin. Also if someone has Merlin's latest xml .
Old Jun 29, 2013, 11:08 PM

Hey man, where abouts in auckland are you?
Central Akl. I'm just starting to collect parts for my td05, scored an Evo 7 FMIC the other day.

This is my original ROM, don't know if its been messed with prior to me getting it but I don't think so.
Attached Files
File Type: bin
89970010.bin (512.0 KB, 0 views)
Old Jun 30, 2013, 01:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Is someone able to upload an original 89970010 bin for me? I really want to start from fresh and do the changes right, i am not very confident with my customized bin. Also if someone has Merlin's latest xml .

I will post mine up too so that you have a comparison.

Quick Reply: Flashing an Airtrek Turbo