Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What car is it for?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by limaynard
Still blowing intercooler joiners off. The stainless pipes don't have any give and so the silicone joiners keep blowing. I have detuned boost a lot but will do it some more to keep the hoses on!

I think with the 19t turbo the airflow may be too high at the same boost level for the top mounted intercooler.Just a theory.

I have ordered new t-clamps to replace the stock clamps that I cannot seem to tighten enough.
4 ply longer joiners, stainless t- clamps, a good clean up of the pipes and roughing up of the stainless intercooler pipes and no longer blowing off the joiners

The boost tables take a little but of understanding but now I have a baseline tune to build up from.

WGDC is set really low, as low as 15% at 3500 rpm and I have zeroed out the boost error correction on the top half of the table to keep the WGDC controlling boost rather than the ECU shifting the map towards to achieve boost desired engine load.

Once I can log boost, AFR, load, etc. (I still need my Evodroid for all of this) then I can start tuning it back up. At present it is only really hitting 9 psi with a slight spike when the gear changes.

I have read that the 19t will flow about 30% more air at same boost levels which seems counter intuitive but only if you assume that the engine 'consumes' air at the same rate for both set ups. So I want to build up the boost slowly but I also need to watch AFR as I don't want it going too lean right?

I am likely to get a proper tune once I can log all of the data.

Happy to share my WGDC and boost setting once I have it roughly correct.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by limaynard
What car is it for?

Im told its an airtrek

Last edited by todd6027; Mar 22, 2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

The number doesn't look familiar. What year is it?

GregM has the best definition for the Airtrek, I think it is the one we all use.

Just a thought, maybe it is the non-turbo Airtrek?

Good luck, If you need anything else let me know.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
cheers , its a rom i was sent from a guy in malaysia i dont know the year or the car , got some defs from greg ( big thanks ) but it seems the rom should be 512k rather than what i was sent .
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

If it is only reading 256k then the guys read file is wrong. Again a common error.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

So, I got the car running okay. Boosting to about 13psi with a slight spike on gear change, presumably as the Evo MR BOV has a higher spring pressure.

I cannot really do too much more until I can log the AFR and boost - I have the WB02 fitted but the PC interface cable is RS232 (who uses RS232 anymore?)

Hamish needs to extract finger and ship my Evodroid

On another note, when I recently got the cat replaced I got a custom 2.5" stainless exhaust fabricated (from turbo to my Apexi back box). I decided to leave the resonator out. What a bad move...

The car now booms badly when on high throttle. So, I have bought a stainless resonator and will get the welded in pretty soon....
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm having some issues with my Airtrek, it won't flash - electrical issue (and I can't be bothered trying to find it at the moment).

Not a big problem as the car is running great, but I have a new xml that Merlin has cleaned up and added a few things and I need to have a play with. Anyone want to volunteer to check out the new xml and have a play? If it looks ok, I'll post it up here for everyone to use for free. It will have everything I've previously released, plus more............
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GregM
I'm having some issues with my Airtrek, it won't flash - electrical issue (and I can't be bothered trying to find it at the moment).

Not a big problem as the car is running great, but I have a new xml that Merlin has cleaned up and added a few things and I need to have a play with. Anyone want to volunteer to check out the new xml and have a play? If it looks ok, I'll post it up here for everyone to use for free. It will have everything I've previously released, plus more............
Hi Greg, I'd be happy to have a look.

I am still waiting for the Evodroid before I could do any logging/tuning of my own so I could do with something to play with...
Old Apr 20, 2013, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Just a quick update..

Not yet had a chance to test Greg's new definition. I will do it later today.

The whirring sound on boost was worrying me so I bought a boost leak tester. The issue was a leak as expected, coming from the turbo compressor outlet flange. It was quite a leak.... Removing the pipe, resealing the gasket and tightening it did the trick.

It has got rid of the whirr / whizz / whine and the car runs much better, presumably it was running rich before.

I still have resisted the temptation to go WOT as without being able to log AFR, boost etc. I am not sure what is going on in there.

I need the evodroid to do all of that...
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to but into the conversation but I have a quick question. How much boost can the stock BOV handle before it starts to leak? I'm increasing the boost to 15psi on the stock TD04 with STI injectors and a 255lph Walbro fuel pump. Plus a 2.5 inch turbo back system with a reso and AdrenalinR muffler.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by carnetics
Sorry to but into the conversation but I have a quick question. How much boost can the stock BOV handle before it starts to leak? I'm increasing the boost to 15psi on the stock TD04 with STI injectors and a 255lph Walbro fuel pump. Plus a 2.5 inch turbo back system with a reso and AdrenalinR muffler.
They won't all fail to hold boost at the same psi. You should be fine at 15psi, but much more than that and I'd upgrade.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 01:42 AM
Evolving Member

Mine was leaking at 1bar, get the evo metal BPV. Costs about $100.

You can get it online from Amayama.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 03:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right. Ok I bought the Driven Performance PlumbBack gauge. Will try to mount it onto the factory intake and intercooler piping. Hopefully it fits. If not will get the Evo BOV
Old Apr 23, 2013, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.amayama.com/search/?q=1545A001

This is the link to the correct part.

Quick Reply: Flashing an Airtrek Turbo