Notices
ECU Flash

Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car wont start

So i am familiar with Ecuflash. I recently installed a walbro 400lph pump into the my car, fired the car up.. ran no problem idled and revved perfect.

next was time to put my pte 1200cc injectors in. so i turned the car off and removed my stock injectors and installed the 1200s. I than broke out my laptop and set the injector scaling and latency for the 1200s like i read to do so online.

I removed the power to battery after flashing the car like i read to when changing injector latency.
than i start to crank the car over.. wont start.. it cranks and cranks than bam. huge, gunshot sounding backfire out the exhaust. cranked again and bam same thing, just huge backfires.

so i decided ill put my stock injectors back in and have my tuner set the 1200s up. I put the stock injectors in and reflashed the car back to what it was before the injector swap. when it ran beautiful

i unplugged battery again and re connected, than go to start the car and same thing.. cranks and cranks than huge backfire???

so i read up and maybe i blew a coupler off or a vaccum line from the backfire. Nope, car boost leak tested to 20psi no issues and no vaccum hoses popped off. than for ****s and giggles i compression tested the car. compression still perfect in each cylinder. the spark plugs were pretty black and gross.. soo i cleaned em alittle and put back in

i checked all my injector connections and checked my sensor plugs, everything is on and nothing is different from before.

the car just cranks and cranks and huge gunshot backfire

does anyone have any idea what could have happened??? and what do i check next??

i figured ill go out and buy a brand new set of spark plugs and try that but i cant see how theyre all ruined just from trying to crank it with the 1200s.

Is theyre any fuses i could have blown???

all i did in Ecu flash was set my injector scaling and the latency.. than i also lowered the Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder ( Main), did this because i thaught it would make the car fire. I also messed with the low octane fuel map trying to lean it out so it would start, no luck

of course all these settings are now back to normal to the previous ROM i had in the car before the injector installation

What else could i check???
Old Dec 16, 2012, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you install an aftermarket fpr? If not you could be overfueling. You need a fpr with the 400lph afaik. That's why I haven't installed mine yet.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

timing

did you change your spark plugs at the same time? sounds like you have your ignition timing off, hence the back fire that you experienced.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 03:26 AM
Evolving Member

No i did not change the plugs. I was thinking either the crank angle sensor went bad or the plugs themselves are just that bad. And stock fpr i thaught was no problem with the 400 pump
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
any dtc ??
Old Dec 17, 2012, 06:46 PM

I am guessing its a over pressure issue. I would bleed the pump and make sure there is no air in the fuel line and try again. If there is free flowing fuel then like said the 400 may be outflowing your stock fpr. I have a dw300 and its fine on my car but idk about the walbro 400.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Check your cam and crank sensor harness and connectors. Also re-check your coil pack connectors themselves. Seems like a spark timing issue that was created. Either that or your ECU's spark driver went kaput. Check ALL engine related fuses. Start simple.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

ill check all the simple connectors first.. couldnt i simply check for spark by just cranking the motor with the plugs out and everything hooked up with the coils

i dont think its a fuel issue it defintly gets fuel to the rail and thru the injectors

even at the stock setup it wont start now