Notices
ECU Flash

speedometer input/ tachometer output

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedometer input/ tachometer output

I am wondering if the speedometer input and/or tachometer outputs can be changed in the stock ecu? Can someone make an .xml patch to make them changed?

I will start from the beginning. Chassis is a Lexus IS300, engine is a 4g63, transmission is a t56. I am wanting everything to work in sync with a stock evo8 ecu, without multiple additional boxes.

First is the speedometer input. I can choose between a lexus ABS wheel speed sensor, or a GTO transmission speed sensor as an input for the evo ecu. I am worried that the speed will either be too low, and the car has to be rolling 30mph to get out of a stationary rev-limit, or when the car is actually going 80mph, it is hitting speed cut. I am wondering if I could calibrate the input to be close enough so that the ecu is happy at all times, while maintaining all functionality. I am sure I could do this with a speedohealer(little box #1)

Second is the tachometer output. The lexus came with a 6cyl. engine, so I would love to change the tach output to match the oem tachometer. I know this can be fixed with a tch-adapter(little box #2)

Third is a potential speedometer output. I am wondering/hoping that an unused output (fpr sol, or even boost sol in my case) could be changed to become a user-calibrated speedometer output. That way I could have the ecu receive its correct speedometer signal, then output a different signal so that the cluster will register correctly. This would need the most "end user" treatment to get right. I know that this could be done with a speedohealer(little box #3)

I understand making .xml patches takes time, and I am asking for something one-off. That's why I am offering "donatins", as well as "retail" space on the side of the car to someone that could make this happen. PM me any specifics

Thank you in advance,
Justin