Notices
ECU Flash

Post-Starting fuel enrichment

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Post-Starting fuel enrichment

I tried searching for the answer but our resources have become immense!

I'm looking for the table (preferably 9417 & 8859) that adds fuel for 30-45 seconds after starting. Anyone who has watched their STFT after starting will see that it will add a fair amount of fuel and then all of a sudden drop off instantly. There is most likely an enrichment table and also a timer table.

Anyone have a link to these? *cough* MrFred *cough* lol

-Jamie
Old Apr 26, 2013, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see your back at it! thank you for the persistence jamie!!
out here weather is getting warmer into the 60's so the E85 cars now startup and hold 1500 no problem and warm up down to 1000. no issues at all. 20 degree cooler and after 15 seconds straight stalling left and right..
Old Apr 26, 2013, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
temp doesn't matter in my car... it will start and immediately stall then start and high idle 3-4 seconds stumble and stalll then start and run... regardless of temp other then engine temp.... once it runs for more then a minute it will not start like this til engine coolant temps drop to near ambient.
Old May 1, 2013, 06:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
I tried searching for the answer but our resources have become immense!

I'm looking for the table (preferably 9417 & 8859) that adds fuel for 30-45 seconds after starting. Anyone who has watched their STFT after starting will see that it will add a fair amount of fuel and then all of a sudden drop off instantly. There is most likely an enrichment table and also a timer table.

Anyone have a link to these? *cough* MrFred *cough* lol

-Jamie
I have posted all the fuel tables, however there are one or two non-table-based fuel enrichments that i have not fully tracked. does this happen at any coolant temperature?

Originally Posted by joseph143
temp doesn't matter in my car... it will start and immediately stall then start and high idle 3-4 seconds stumble and stalll then start and run... regardless of temp other then engine temp.... once it runs for more then a minute it will not start like this til engine coolant temps drop to near ambient.
this should be fixable with start-up fuel tables. if not, its probably one of the periphery settings. have you disabled all the evap routines?
Old May 1, 2013, 07:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joseph143
Same issue I am having with on V7. What injectors are you running?
Old May 1, 2013, 09:58 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrfred
I have posted all the fuel tables, however there are one or two non-table-based fuel enrichments that i have not fully tracked. does this happen at any coolant temperature?
Yeah, its even activated after the closed loop is activated. If you start the car at any temp and watch the STFT, at about 30-45 seconds (usually) you will see it immediately switch from RICH to normal, like a light switch. It seems to rich things more on 2000cc+ injectors which makes me wonder if its a IPW table and not a MAF Compensation multiplier.

Also, is there a way to log the amount of enrichment the ECU is adding to the MAF COMP base values at any given moment?

-Jamie
Old May 1, 2013, 10:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Yeah, its even activated after the closed loop is activated. If you start the car at any temp and watch the STFT, at about 30-45 seconds (usually) you will see it immediately switch from RICH to normal, like a light switch. It seems to rich things more on 2000cc+ injectors which makes me wonder if its a IPW table and not a MAF Compensation multiplier.

Also, is there a way to log the amount of enrichment the ECU is adding to the MAF COMP base values at any given moment?

-Jamie
Yes, with a patch I wrote. If you search in the ECUFlash forum, you'll find the patch.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Any key words to search for?lol. Your posts have been increasing hard to find again as the forum grows.

-Jamie
Old May 1, 2013, 12:46 PM
EvoM Guru

Any key words to search for?lol. Your posts have been increasing hard to find again as the forum grows.

-Jamie
When I have to go find my old threads, I usually do "Advanced Search" searching for posts started by me and then try for key words in the title, in this case "patch":

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...ributions.html