Notices
ECU Flash

EGR flow changes with speed density

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2013, 11:34 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
MrFred, how do you determine what are the new MAP sensor parameters in the ROM tables for the JDM, OMNI,etc? I am having a hard time finding a connection between the USDM 1 bar paramters, the JDM MAP sensor and others.

My assumption would assume that the raw decimal values are actually KPA values. This would make the "EGR pressure diff" appear to be a 3kpa value. I could see the ECU looking for a 3kpa variance during the EGR test plausible enough to support my theory.

I noticed the OMNI 4bar uses the same updated values too which made me think that these values were just set high todisable certain unwanted things from occuring?

-Jamie
Old May 4, 2013, 12:04 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by Dynotech Tuning
MrFred, how do you determine what are the new MAP sensor parameters in the ROM tables for the JDM, OMNI,etc? I am having a hard time finding a connection between the USDM 1 bar paramters, the JDM MAP sensor and others.

My assumption would assume that the raw decimal values are actually KPA values. This would make the "EGR pressure diff" appear to be a 3kpa value. I could see the ECU looking for a 3kpa variance during the EGR test plausible enough to support my theory.

I noticed the OMNI 4bar uses the same updated values too which made me think that these values were just set high todisable certain unwanted things from occuring?

-Jamie
I never bothered with trying to translate the raw values to actual pressure values. The FSM says 3 KPa (0.4 psi), so you are correct in your estimation of the values. Its pretty much within the noise of what a 4 bar can detect (1.5 KPa is the digitized step size with a 4-bar), so there's little value in actually putting realistic values in the table.
Old May 4, 2013, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
So I scaled the MAP sensor tables using KPA instead of Volts and here is the comparison between the USDM sensor and the JDM Map sensor:

Note: (my findings point towards the stock 1 Bar KPA scaling is the same as the baro sensor which is x*0.5)

Now I don't know exactly what each parameter is truly for, orwhen they are called upon but I'm trying to understand it more.

-Jamie
Attached Thumbnails EGR flow changes with speed density-map-sensor-comparison.png