Notices
ECU Flash

Evo stalls w/ AC on only when depressing clutch on decel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The tables that fixed it for me are the Decel Fuel Cut Delay tables. Depending on what ROM you're using they may or may not be defined though. They should be in the Global Fuel Section.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to update this post with what completely fixed the problem for me. Like I said I was dealing with this problem when the car was on stock maf, tune, injectors etc, only mods were TBE and GSC S1 cams, and the problem existed even with a SD tune with a lot more mods. My fuel trims were spot on and the tune was also spot on. But yet, every time the AC was on it would either stall or almost stall when I would push the clutch in when coming to a stop. Also I would like to note that when the car was sitting in neutral the AC would kick on and off and it would idle perfect. My problem only existed when you pushed the clutch in after being in gear. It seemed to me that the ecu would let the RPM drop to low before turning on the injectors, causing it to almost stall.
I contacted Merlin.oz about the problem, sent him a small donation for his help and he fixed the issue for me. I do not know if he would like me to post what table he adjusted for me, but it was not included in Tephra's XML. Maybe he can chime in and if he has no problem I will post it up.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by merlin.oz
Do you have a table in the MAF section of your xml called

MAF Pulse Frequency Limit
or
MAF Airflow Limit

something like that anyway.
Originally Posted by rich3389
I would like to update this post with what completely fixed the problem for me. Like I said I was dealing with this problem when the car was on stock maf, tune, injectors etc, only mods were TBE and GSC S1 cams, and the problem existed even with a SD tune with a lot more mods. My fuel trims were spot on and the tune was also spot on. But yet, every time the AC was on it would either stall or almost stall when I would push the clutch in when coming to a stop. Also I would like to note that when the car was sitting in neutral the AC would kick on and off and it would idle perfect. My problem only existed when you pushed the clutch in after being in gear. It seemed to me that the ecu would let the RPM drop to low before turning on the injectors, causing it to almost stall.
I contacted Merlin.oz about the problem, sent him a small donation for his help and he fixed the issue for me. I do not know if he would like me to post what table he adjusted for me, but it was not included in Tephra's XML. Maybe he can chime in and if he has no problem I will post it up.
Good info, I'll have to mess with it more in the coming weeks and see if anything actually fixes it.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 06:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Theres a couple of keys to success with this issue.

1) Making sure your logging ISCV Demand Trim when you setting your BISS.

2) Doing the timing trick I shared years ago ie higher timing below your desired idle.

3) RPM adder table

Last edited by Boosted Tuning; Dec 6, 2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 07:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
rich, post it up
Old Dec 7, 2014, 12:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by merlin.oz
rich, post it up
Here are the changes. On the left are the stock 88591715 values, and on the right are the changed values.

And here are the definitions for 88591715 xml.

<table name="Decel Fuel Cut Resume RPM" category="Global Fuel Settings" address="30fe" type="2D" scaling="RPM8"> <table name="Engine Temp" address="6fde" type="X Axis" elements="8" scaling="Temp"/> </table>

<table name="Decel Fuel-Cut, Fuel-On RPM v Temp" category="Fuel-Cut Control" address="3030" type="2D" scaling="Rpm8000"> <table name="Coolant Temp" address="6fde" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="TEMP"/> </table>

<table name="Sync Load Change Idle Compensation vs Time Below 1000 rpm" category="Sync Load Decel to Idle Comp" address="6b3e" type="2D" scaling="CF128"> <table name="ISCV Demand" address="8246" type="Y Axis" elements="21" scaling="ISCVSteps16"/> </table>

<table name="Sync Load Change Idle Compensation vs Coolant Temp" category="Sync Load Decel to Idle Comp" address="6b30" type="2D" scaling="CF128"> <table name="Coolant Temp" address="6fde" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="TEMP"/> </table>
Old Dec 7, 2014, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
rich, you have some xml errors there.
The "Decel Fuel Cut Resume RPM" category="Global Fuel Settings" address="30fe" is not correct.

the table at address 30FE is Fuel Intake Air Temp Compensation (and should not be altered).
see the xml script below -

<table name="Intake Air Temp Fuel Correction" address="30FE" category="Closed-Loop Control" type="2D" scaling="CF128">
<table name="Intake Air Temp" address="714A" type="Y Axis" elements="8" scaling="TEMP"/>
</table>

"Decel Fuel Cut Fuel Resume RPM" and "Decel Fuel-Cut Fuel-On RPM v Temp" are both valid descriptions for the table at address 3030.

The "Sync Load Change tables are correct as is. (after re-checking, D'oh)

And perhaps I should also point out that Richards problem was not the usual issue this thread is about, his car suddenly became possessed by some demon while driving on lift off.
Damdeast video I have ever seen. Fortunately the tables he posted exorcised said demon.

Last edited by merlin.oz; Dec 8, 2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
1frn

qSfrnq
Old Jun 11, 2015, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Merlin, do you know how to access these tables on rom 94170715?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

I added these to 88591517 and they are not expandable. I would love to fix AC. I have the exact same issue the OP has. AC works fine at idle and cruising but coming to a stop it does.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

fixed. thanx Rich
Old Aug 27, 2015, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

I'm having the same issue and could use some help. I can not find or see the definitions posted.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

PM my your email addy and I'll send you the XML rich sent me.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks but I just realized Rich is running SD and I need help with 88590715.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Fix should work regardless. He sent me both the SD and non SD XML's. If you want I have. Let me know.

Quick Reply: Evo stalls w/ AC on only when depressing clutch on decel