Notices
ECU Flash

(hopefully) quick question about copying maps

Old May 4, 2013, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
(hopefully) quick question about copying maps

I've been fooling around with ecuflash and reading thread after thread about putting tephramod on etc. I keep reading "copy the (fuel etc) maps from your original rom"
How is this done? I don't see any way to extract anything from the rom that is read from a car, not in a capacity to move it to another file etc.
I see I can get the XML stuff from the appropriate XML file, but that isn't off my rom.

Can anyone shed some light on what "copy your fuel maps from your original rom" entails? I'm sure it's simple, as I feel like a friggin idiot reading this over and over and no one every questioning it.
Old May 4, 2013, 07:39 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Simple copy/paste keyboard shortcuts. Highlight the entire fuel maps cell area, hit CTRL+C.

Highlight the same area in the new map and hit CTRL+V.

Be sure to do the same to the load and RPM axis's too if they are different.

-Jamie
Old May 4, 2013, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Thanks Jamie.
I got a big thing typed up here and as I'm proof reading and double checking what I was trying to relate I see my mistake. I'm looking (for example) for a "Fuel" header in a tephra rom right now and not seeing one trying to figure out how to make a new one..... I didn't see the "Main Map Fuel setting" with the same tables below it.

Ugh, what a moron.

I do see some things missing....for example on my rom there are 10 tables below "Fuel" but on a tephra rom the "Main Map Fuel" only has four, and only two that are on both (High/Low octane).
Am I correct in thinking that in this case you would copy the maps and leave everything else the same then? Looks like I have to convert to big maps too

Thanks

Last edited by superbovine; May 4, 2013 at 08:13 PM.