Notices
ECU Flash

Direct Boost OMNI 4-Bar

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2013, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Direct Boost OMNI 4-Bar

So I downloaded the pre-patched Tephra V7 (recompile ver) already set up for direct boost control using the JDM map. I also got the latest XML pack for Ecu flash.

I have an Omnipower 4-bar on my car (not the JDM Map). So step 1, I entered all the Omni 4-bar values in the Map Sensor section.

My question is how many places do I need to go in and change the scaling from JDMMap to Omni 4-bar. The Omni 4-bar scalings are in the XML pack, just want to make sure I have it selected wherever needed, I changed the scalings from JDM Map to Omni 4-bar in:

Boost Error Correction (PSI)
Was BoostErrorpsi JDM3BarMap
Now BoostErrorpsi OMNI4BarMap

Boost Desired Enginer (PSI)
Was PSIa8 JDM3BarMap
Now PSIa8OMNI4BarMap

Boost Adder (Psi)
Was PSIa16 JDM3BarMap
Now Psia16 OMNI4BarMap

Are these the only 3 places I need to change the scalings? Want to make sure I am not missing something.

Car is Evo IX 88590715
Old Jun 11, 2013, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Well, no answers, but I went out last night and tested. It's working like it should. Boost error reading is pretty much on the numbers.

Still got a lot of work to do on the WGDC tables per gear. 3rd is worked out, but the others need tweaks. And word to the wise, start REALLY low on the correction table values. First values I loaded ended up making the boost run a minor sine wave as it was chasing the correection.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you turn off the 100% wgdc until x load. It will oscillate your boost and may give you fits during maint. throttle situations. If you haven't got everything finished up by this weeekend I can help you when I get down to RA. Start at 50% wgdc and work your way up.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ReaperX
Make sure you turn off the 100% wgdc until x load. It will oscillate your boost and may give you fits during maint. throttle situations. If you haven't got everything finished up by this weeekend I can help you when I get down to RA. Start at 50% wgdc and work your way up.
Probably just load my old tune with the improved knock filtering for this weekend, just so it runs like it is supposed to. The v7 will take some time to get all situated to suit me.

I love my Carbo twin clutch, but it transfers all kinds of driveline noise into the engine (phantom knock).
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Ok. Well if you want me to walk you through V7 this weekend I'd be more than happy to help. I'll be getting down to RA late Friday Night. Save me a spot next to you if you're getting there Friday.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok so this is slightly off topic but I'm having trouble logging my OMNI 4 bar. It gives me the readings in what appears to be BAR instead of psi (max boost was showing ~ 2.3 instead of 25) but my evo scan settings have not been changed and it used to read in Psi just fine. Any ideas? Car still hits requested boost so I don't think it's the sensor
Old Jun 12, 2013, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zakario
Ok so this is slightly off topic but I'm having trouble logging my OMNI 4 bar. It gives me the readings in what appears to be BAR instead of psi (max boost was showing ~ 2.3 instead of 25) but my evo scan settings have not been changed and it used to read in Psi just fine. Any ideas? Car still hits requested boost so I don't think it's the sensor
Have you upgraded Evoscan? It may have overwritten your old xml files and scalings.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

^This. Also remember that the MAP sensor is only a monitoring tool and not what actual controls the boost.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^This. Also remember that the MAP sensor is only a monitoring tool and not what actual controls the boost.
Map sensor can control boost if setup to do PSI based boost.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

MAP sensor monitors boost in a feedback loop to the ecu, just like the front O2 does to the fueling when not under boost.

BDEL/PSI is the target the ecu is going for
WGDC is how you get to the target
MAP monitors for the target
BEC makes adjustments based on the feedback from the MAP to keep hitting the target

Maybe it is a difference in our terminology, but the MAP in no way actually controls the boost, just monitors and provides feedback for the ecu to make adjustments.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MAP sensor monitors boost in a feedback loop to the ecu, just like the front O2 does to the fueling when not under boost.

BDEL/PSI is the target the ecu is going for
WGDC is how you get to the target
MAP monitors for the target
BEC makes adjustments based on the feedback from the MAP to keep hitting the target

Maybe it is a difference in our terminology, but the MAP in no way actually controls the boost, just monitors and provides feedback for the ecu to make adjustments.
Thats essentially what I am saying.. it doesnt control boost but it signals the ECU into how much boost is being produced so the ECU can regulate with the WG. If setup to do PSI based boost.