Notices

TephraXMOD V2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2014, 02:47 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by itzwolf
Since no one has asked yet...

Once V2Mods is flashed the initial time does further flashing require the bench flashing method?

What kind of realistic time frame are we looking at for the updated ECUFlash software?

Can we have a list of live tunable maps? Is the fuel calibration map one of them by chance?

Edit:

Also I have a 2011 running the 2010 v1 ROM and wish to stick with the 2010 ROM. Will the 2010 v2 still work this way due to the amount of changes you've made? I'd presume yes but figured others would like to know so asking this publicly also.
only the initial flash to get the ECU into "V2" needs to be a bench.

realistic timeframe? well when I spoke to Colby a month ago it was close, but not guaranteed... I have an alternate plan if EcuFlash cant do it...

Live Tuneable maps:
MAF Scaling
Injector Scaling
Injector Latency
MAP based Load Calc #1 - Hot/Interpolated
Fuel Map
Timing Map
Mivec Exhaust HOT
Mivec Intake HOT
WGDC
Passive WGDC
BDEL (although its probably not useful)
Cranking Enrichment IPW Adder

So basically all the main ones... Adding more wouldn't be too hard, but it would mean a new ROM...

2010 on a 2011 - i dont see a problem, its really upto you... i will be releasing both!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 03:24 PM
EvoM Guru

Colby's ears must have been burning..

he says new beta build will be up in 2 days...
Old Feb 17, 2014, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fantastic.

I was curious with fuel cal live tuning since I OCD smooth things out with that map so that would be very beneficial at least I think so.

I'll PayPal you either tonight or first thing tomorrow. Any idea if v2 is still compatible with Rax patch? I use fast logging which obviously wont be needed with live tuner and such but I like the baro corrected boost control and AIT WGDC modification.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tephra
yeh ive been thinking about that as well...

i actually wanted to see if i could reuse the sst logic... not sure thou
clever thinking! i didn't consider that.

need another idea to explore for V3 (as if you didn't have enough stuff going on)?

since you have given the evo world 9 maps, how about being able to use 1 of them for an 'Economy Mode' via a fuel savings feature (ecu hack) implemented by modifying the input voltage of the front oxygen sensor.

You would need a user entered percent value as the modifier, a target voltage, and a voltage range/width in which to apply the correction. (inverse parabolic equation)

So, capture the front O2 voltage, determine if modification is necessary, if so modify value then send on to the stock routine.

... this is probably not easy since I feel like the front O2 & closed loop logic is pretty untouched in terms of ecu development. Nonetheless, it's an idea I figure I would throw out there.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 11:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Colby's ears must have been burning..

he says new beta build will be up in 2 days...

Old Feb 18, 2014, 04:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by itzwolf
Any idea if v2 is still compatible with Rax patch? I use fast logging which obviously wont be needed with live tuner and such but I like the baro corrected boost control and AIT WGDC modification.
That's yet to be seen. It depends on whether the memory areas RAX uses conflict with those tephra uses.

I did actually switch memory areas at one point; There are "RAX v1" and "RAX v2" styles. The latter was designed to avoid tephra's extended memory areas... in theory.

Will let you know once I know myself...

Rich
Old Feb 18, 2014, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Rich , we all appreciate your efforts too.

Greetings to my beloved Oz
Old Feb 18, 2014, 10:49 PM
EvoM Guru

yer i gotta do up richards ROM so he can have a play and test RAX...
Old Feb 19, 2014, 12:40 AM

Thanks guys, I am following the developments closely and when I have better understanding to start using the tactrix and ecuflash with live tuning, I will move on from Cobb. I have 2008 evo x gsr jdm.
Old Feb 19, 2014, 04:54 AM
EvoM Guru

hi guys,

quick update on live tuner, i'm adding UEGO and LC1 serial support... got it mostly down, just needs testing (which is hard given I dont have a UEGO )
Old Feb 19, 2014, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
What is the lead time expected from your receiving a VIN# and payment and a rom/xml?
Also I would be willing to test 5269 usdm mr. All I would need is a heads up on a date you would expect to have something to test so I can schedule the testing on the dyno.
Old Feb 20, 2014, 03:12 AM

Lightbulb

encryption
Old Feb 20, 2014, 03:50 AM
EvoM Guru

^??

I've added UEGO, LC1 and LM1 support, waiting for Zeitronix to get back to me about the spec for ZT2 serial.. I can test LC1, but hopefully some people with UEGO's and LM1's can test as well
Old Feb 20, 2014, 05:08 AM
Evolving Member

Stock ecu now offers live tuning?
Old Feb 20, 2014, 05:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^??

I've added UEGO, LC1 and LM1 support, waiting for Zeitronix to get back to me about the spec for ZT2 serial.. I can test LC1, but hopefully some people with UEGO's and LM1's can test as well
I have the AEM gauge type UEGO wideband... As mentioned before I have a 2011 with a 2010 ROM on the car. Been trying to narrow down a very lean condition around 2000 rpms from low load to about 125 load this week that I posted on the other forum and have since been informed to be common on the X...? I didn't have/notice the issue till I put an AMS AFPR kit on my car last weekend and that's the only reason I hadn't gotten around to Paypaling you yet which I am going to do for sure today.

The Calibration Fuel Map in live tuning would be wonderful right now for this since that seems to be the only way to "band-aid" it enough to stop the car from bucking...

Quick Reply: TephraXMOD V2