Notices
ECU Flash

Renesas SH7055 ROM non EVO non WRX help.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Renesas SH7055 ROM non EVO non WRX help.

Hello fellows. I understand that my post is out of the topic of this forum. But this place is only one I guess where I can find some help. I have done a lot of reading of RomRaider and Evom forums searching info how to disassemble ROMS for SH7055/7058 ECU.
So what I need.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have an ECU on my car (Renault Clio RS 3) powered with Renesas SH7055. I have disassembled my 512kb ROM with IDA Pro 6.5 and processor register listing by dschultz.
I properly defined ROM RAM and HARDWAREINT segments:
Renesas SH7055 ROM non EVO non WRX help.-screen03.png
then i have done disassemble and my code looks like this:
Renesas SH7055 ROM non EVO non WRX help.-screen02.jpg
From background i know where is locating the couple of tables, but I don't actually know what it is. When i try to find the table header before the table it self i cant understand anything due to the data representation form (thats how i see it on my screen )

Renesas SH7055 ROM non EVO non WRX help.-screen01.png

So what i need is your help guys to show me how to define it in my case.. and what is the start point for defining the constant , variables and function, which then must be renamed to known names. Actually for the first point I want to define some base tables (like fuel,ignition,camshaft angle variable table,and configuration bit mask to remove rear o2 sensor)

It would be great if somebody help me.
Here it is my ROM file for Ida:
Cliorsfull.hex

let me know if you need my ida database file for this ROM.

To my regret i dont have any info such a MUT tables or SSM ... and dont have any known definitions for that rom or similar. So i decieded to start from the begining.
Thank a lot to you .. hope somebody experienced on this forum will help me to understand the logic of my ECU.

Last edited by Negative23; Nov 23, 2014 at 01:20 PM. Reason: I forgot..
Old Nov 25, 2014, 09:03 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
a couple of comments:

- unlike the code for the evo where direct addressing for rom and ram data is standard, i believe that subie code uses indirect addressing. this makes it more of a pain to decipher what's going on.

- the example table data you show is in long integer representation. byte or word length is the usual. select a field of data and tap the "D" key a few times to see how the representation changes.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 04:47 AM

I actually did it. But the tables I found does not make a lot of sense for me. Some table looks like ignition (16x20 and 19x20) and there are tables that look like fuel table(17x19 and 17x20). But I can't find any headers before them. I can't identify the units in which those table are.
Yes, seems to be the ROM addressing is indirect. The first part of my ROM is start with FF values and the first jump to subroutine is start from 0x8000. Also i cant find any info about CAN 11bit protocol which is used by that ECU for diagnostic. At least in open sources. So i need more experienced person, who can advice ,what is the first start point in a such situation to define the basics rules in ROM.
If anybody have an info about CAN11bit Structure, or have something that will help, it would be awesome to share.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 07:20 AM

Now its look like that:
Renesas SH7055 ROM non EVO non WRX help.-ida_screen.png
but what is XREF looks like ?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 08:18 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Typically, word length data is long aligned (addresses ending in 0, 2, 4, 6,...) so I'm wondering if the way you've grouped the data is correct. Besides that, it looks to me like your xref is right in the middle of a table, so I don't think its correct.

Don't expect there to be anything in the ECU explaining the data units or the header structure. It has to all be figured out by deciphering the code, looking for hints in service manuals, and logging the ECU.