Notices
ECU Flash

Help With ECU Flash think i need definitions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help With ECU Flash think i need definitions

just bought evoscan software and cable and it wont read my ecu so now trying ecuflash and it didnt have my model car to select but i tried them all and the lancer ralliart one worked for reading the rom.

Problem is when i try to open the rom i saved it comes up with unknown rom image,

My car is a 2001 3.0 v6 shogun sport, also known as a pajero sport or montero sport.

Can anyone help im new to all this
Old Feb 20, 2015, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a pro at this but I'm sure you need definitions. Can you post screenshots of your errors?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's right. If it says 'unknown ROM' that means there is no matching definition. EcuFlash will automatically open the ROM if there is a definition match based on the ROM ID, otherwise it's unknown. If you send that ROM image as an attachment to an email sent to support at tactrix dot com I'll try to take a look, but that isn't a model that's as frequently tuned as an Evo or Ralliart which do have a lot of definitions available. That means we have less as a starting point generally. Happy to take a look though.

-Mike
Tactrix
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by MikeyPSF
That's right. If it says 'unknown ROM' that means there is no matching definition. EcuFlash will automatically open the ROM if there is a definition match based on the ROM ID, otherwise it's unknown. If you send that ROM image as an attachment to an email sent to support at tactrix dot com I'll try to take a look, but that isn't a model that's as frequently tuned as an Evo or Ralliart which do have a lot of definitions available. That means we have less as a starting point generally. Happy to take a look though.

-Mike
Tactrix

thank you very much for that, i have sent an email over with the bin file, let me know if you need anything else, cheers
Old Apr 24, 2015, 06:21 PM

did you get around to looking at my bin file buddy