Notices
ECU Flash

please help, 03 evo ecu possible brick

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(resolved) please help, 03 evo ecu possible brick

I have been searching frantically for the last couple hours with no luck.

I have a 2003 evo 8 and I was in the middle of a flash and my pc decided it wanted to install updates so it shut down in the middle of a flash, I was an idiot and immediately turned the car off and went inside to get online to see what to do and I did read that if I hadnt done that, then I wouldn't be in the situation I am in which is a possible bricked ecu.
I cant get it to take a flash or read anything from it and the car will not start. I am reading 11.9 volts at the battery and still nothing. I posted up the log of when I try to flash, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help.

Thanks!

Last edited by wilownu; Mar 2, 2015 at 05:17 AM.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 05:16 AM

ok quick update. I did a ton of reading last night and it appears there isnt much info on the ECU for the 7 8 and 9 bricking because they dont brick as bad as the X. I unplugged everything and let my battery sit for a while, I discovered the cable had a loose wire and so I fixed that. That fixed the car, it took a new flash like a champ and fires up. So if someone reads this down the road and is having issues, CHECK YOUR TACTRIX CABLE!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 12:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wilownu
ok quick update. I did a ton of reading last night and it appears there isnt much info on the ECU for the 7 8 and 9 bricking because they dont brick as bad as the X.
Correct. The part of the ECU that overseas the reflashing process isn't altered in a reflash so you can generally always restart the process if a reflash is interrupted. Currently the Evo X ECU is a bit more complicated in that you need to remove it from the car to reset it back to factory if you have a failed reflash -AND- you turn the ignition 'OFF' rather than retrying the reflash. As long as you leave the ignition 'ON' you can restart a failed reflash for the Evo X (or any Evo EcuFlash supports), assuming you have a valid ROM image. If you're trying to reflash garbage in their (ie, you've accidentally selected an invalid file) you won't correct the issue by retrying, but you could go back to the previous valid file.

-Mike
Tactrix
Old Mar 2, 2015, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

don't crash a subie one then shut it off though. BRICK but thanks to mike i made a circuit board and renasis flashed an sti that saved my ****