ECU Flash

Super Rich AFR on Full Boost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Super Rich AFR on Full Boost

Hi Guys,
would like to get some advise as beside tweaking the fuel map, scaling & ve % map, which area can i still lean off my afr a little on my higher load while full throttle and full boost?

My car power out put is greater during lower and mid range and while it reaches higher load or full boost, my afr drops til 10afr.

Should i tweak on the MAF Scaling? Actually after i lower the maf scaling table by just a little my car perform greatly on the lower to mid range but on the higher load/full boost the afr is still very rich.

Just hoping to squeeze extra power out of it.

Thanks A Million
Attached Files
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
any log of a third gear pull ??
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You probably need to tweak the fuel table. But that would also depend on what your fuel trims look like, and also what the fuel table looks like currently. You may need to do a combination of VE and fuel table changes.

Or if your fuel trims are pulling fuel to lean the car out to the proper AF ratio, you could simply put a bigger number in for your injector scaling to globally lean it out.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by todd6027
any log of a third gear pull ??
Hi Todd, my yes i do have 3rd gear pull logs but all without afr

I have been tweaking the scaling and even with just 1 level up (650 to 665) i start to encounter knocks on the higher loads 160-190.

Im pretty sure that my afr on the lower and mid load is what i wanted (14-12ish) and when full boost kicks in the afr will deeps til 10 until redline.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
You probably need to tweak the fuel table. But that would also depend on what your fuel trims look like, and also what the fuel table looks like currently. You may need to do a combination of VE and fuel table changes.

Or if your fuel trims are pulling fuel to lean the car out to the proper AF ratio, you could simply put a bigger number in for your injector scaling to globally lean it out.
Hi, my fuel trims in within limit +4.65 and ive tried setting my scaling from 650 to 665 but its started to have some knocks on the higher loads (160-190).

Any idea where can i lean out a little during full boost/high load?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2015, 10:25 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jameswwt
Hi Todd, my yes i do have 3rd gear pull logs but all without afr

I have been tweaking the scaling and even with just 1 level up (650 to 665) i start to encounter knocks on the higher loads 160-190.

Im pretty sure that my afr on the lower and mid load is what i wanted (14-12ish) and when full boost kicks in the afr will deeps til 10 until redline.

You're not looking at your AFR, you need to look at your fuel trims, long term and short term. In closed loop your afr will generally be spot on given your tune is close enough. BY increasing scaling you're leaning the mixture out. Its not the cause of the knock unless its running super lean. Which I doubt you are if it running in the deep in the 10's at WOT
Old Apr 22, 2015, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

You're not looking at your AFR, you need to look at your fuel trims, long term and short term. In closed loop your afr will generally be spot on given your tune is close enough. BY increasing scaling you're leaning the mixture out. Its not the cause of the knock unless its running super lean. Which I doubt you are if it running in the deep in the 10's at WOT
Hi, no i got an aem wb afr as reference, when i up my scale from 650 to 665 (750 FIC Injectors) there's a very obvious different in my car response and i can tell that my car likes 650 scale.

Honestly, ive play around with the ign map and ve table but not much different in power and response but when i start to explore on maf scaling, my car responded very much differently.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 08:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Hi, no i got an aem wb afr as reference, when i up my scale from 650 to 665 (750 FIC Injectors) there's a very obvious different in my car response and i can tell that my car likes 650 scale.

Honestly, ive play around with the ign map and ve table but not much different in power and response but when i start to explore on maf scaling, my car responded very much differently.

What are your fuel trims?? You can not tune MAF scaling, Injector scaling, or Injector Latencies with out looking at your fuel trims. Speaking of latencies, have you adjusted those at all, because they definitely won't be the same as stock injectors..
Old Apr 22, 2015, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

What are your fuel trims?? You can not tune MAF scaling, Injector scaling, or Injector Latencies with out looking at your fuel trims. Speaking of latencies, have you adjusted those at all, because they definitely won't be the same as stock injectors..
Hi, my fuel trim (LTFT & STFT = 4.65) and yes, ive tweak the latencies and also check on the fuel trims whenever i adjust it.

Will Latencies effect WOT AFR?

Thanks
Old Apr 23, 2015, 08:58 AM
EvoM Guru

Hi, my fuel trim (LTFT & STFT = 4.65) and yes, ive tweak the latencies and also check on the fuel trims whenever i adjust it.

Will Latencies effect WOT AFR?

Thanks

A wee bit. You're actually a little lean on the base map in closed loop. The car is adding 8% fuel if both long and short are +4.65. The short term should bounce around though, is that your average? Because you have two long term trims, mid and low, and then one short term trim. The short term is actually direct feedback from the front O2 sensor.

So you actually need more fuel from MAF or injector scaling or VE in closed loop areas. Post your your SD tuning table (VE and MAP KPA/LOAD), and fuel table. Also, post a couple of 3rd gear pull logs.

I think you need to take fuel away in the fuel table, at the same time adding fuel with VE or injector scaling to simultaneously lean WOT, but get the fuel trims closer to 0 in closed loop.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

A wee bit. You're actually a little lean on the base map in closed loop. The car is adding 8% fuel if both long and short are +4.65. The short term should bounce around though, is that your average? Because you have two long term trims, mid and low, and then one short term trim. The short term is actually direct feedback from the front O2 sensor.

So you actually need more fuel from MAF or injector scaling or VE in closed loop areas. Post your your SD tuning table (VE and MAP KPA/LOAD), and fuel table. Also, post a couple of 3rd gear pull logs.

I think you need to take fuel away in the fuel table, at the same time adding fuel with VE or injector scaling to simultaneously lean WOT, but get the fuel trims closer to 0 in closed loop.
Hi, thank you for your kind advise and i dont really understand on this "I think you need to take fuel away in the fuel table, at the same time adding fuel with VE or injector scaling to simultaneously lean WOT"

To get the fuel trim nearer to 0 i need to dial the latency again
Old Apr 23, 2015, 05:40 PM
EvoM Guru

Or the latency, but that also depends on the fuel trims. You need to get the fuel tri,s closer to 0 with the base map stuff, and take fuel out for WOT, which may mean reducing VE above a certain RPM, or pulling fuel from the fuel table..
Old Apr 23, 2015, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Or the latency, but that also depends on the fuel trims. You need to get the fuel tri,s closer to 0 with the base map stuff, and take fuel out for WOT, which may mean reducing VE above a certain RPM, or pulling fuel from the fuel table..
Thank you very much Letsgetthisdone