ECU Flash

SD V7 Help with Fuel tables

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello all,

I am looking for advice on how i can better "Tune" in my fuel tables. Car is a 2003 Evo 8 running Tephra V7 SD + Omni4 + Mods (94171715). I have done a good bit of reading and with so much information out there my head is a little full and don't have clear direction.

What i have so fare.

Car has ID1000, Injector scaling is at 713. My STFT, LTFT (Low), LTFT (Mid), are under 5%. IT has the stock (pre loaded) Fuel maps nothing is changed. Idle and cruse seem to be right on target. But WOT is off. When i say on target if the cell says 14.7 it is 14.7. But in WOT the numbers are drastically different. So as an example 6000 RPM ate 220 load might have a target of 8.9 and the car at that load and rpm is really at 11.6.

I know some tuners are going to say 11.6 is good and i still have some room to still go down if i need to. And i know i will not get dead on number but i would like them to be close.

So what is the best way to get this dialed in. My though where to make a fuel map with the target numbers i really want to hit and adjust things to make them hit thous numbers. ( hope that makes sens ). If i where to do that would i start in the VE tables? or is there a better place to start?
Old Jul 8, 2015, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Im no expert with SD but i think you'll have to adjust the rpm to ve table
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts

Adjust rpm ve if you want it to match. I would leave as long as you're not maxing out the fuel. It matches in idle and cruise areas because you're in closed loop, and closed loop targets 14.7...
Old Jul 9, 2015, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Adjust rpm ve if you want it to match. I would leave as long as you're not maxing out the fuel. It matches in idle and cruise areas because you're in closed loop, and closed loop targets 14.7...
So is there a way to lock me in closed loop? (Just wondering) And i have heard that before as long as i am not maxed out why mess with it. The main reason why i am addressing this now is WG is set to 20.7 lbs but after the motor gets passed its break in i will see 32+ lbs. at that point i know if i don't address this issue now i will have to later.

I will not have time to start messing with the VE tables tell this Saturday.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 01:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by Seancj
So is there a way to lock me in closed loop? (Just wondering) And i have heard that before as long as i am not maxed out why mess with it. The main reason why i am addressing this now is WG is set to 20.7 lbs but after the motor gets passed its break in i will see 32+ lbs. at that point i know if i don't address this issue now i will have to later.

I will not have time to start messing with the VE tables tell this Saturday.

In the "global fuel" drop down, there are open loop load vs rpm tables. The load value you enter is the load value that, when exceeded, the ECU goes to open loop at that rpm. T

I would wait until your actually turning up the boost to play with it. Just turn it up 2-3 psi at a time until you reach target, tuning your fueling as you go..