Notices
ECU Flash

Reliable method to flash ROM's, can evodroid do it now

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2015, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Reliable method to flash ROM's, can evodroid do it now

I had one of the first units and sold it because the main reason I got it was to flash ROM's. I don't have anything less then a Windows 7 machine and I constantly have issues with drivers. Nothing worse then needing to put your 93 map on your ECU but you can't because your PC is acting like a donkey.

I actually had the evoPPC before the droid and it was perfect. I only used it to flash ROM's and it worked for that. When I discovered that the evodroid didn't have this capability and there was no ET or word on if and when I decided to sell the unit.

I have windows in a VM on my macbook but that has also proven unreliable as well. I just need to be able to flash back and forth between maps. Can the evodroid do it now? If not what are some of you using. I even bought a small PC (ASUS T-100) and it worked once fine then after......driver issues. I dont have any XP machines available to me.

I need something small that I can store in the glove compartment or through in my backpack that I dont have to worry about. Using Evoscan is a bonus but I'm not worried about that.

That EvoPPC was perfect until it stopped working properly. It scan codes, cleared it, flashed and logged.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SmurfZilla
I had one of the first units and sold it because the main reason I got it was to flash ROM's. I don't have anything less then a Windows 7 machine and I constantly have issues with drivers. Nothing worse then needing to put your 93 map on your ECU but you can't because your PC is acting like a donkey.

I actually had the evoPPC before the droid and it was perfect. I only used it to flash ROM's and it worked for that. When I discovered that the evodroid didn't have this capability and there was no ET or word on if and when I decided to sell the unit.

I have windows in a VM on my macbook but that has also proven unreliable as well. I just need to be able to flash back and forth between maps. Can the evodroid do it now? If not what are some of you using. I even bought a small PC (ASUS T-100) and it worked once fine then after......driver issues. I dont have any XP machines available to me.

I need something small that I can store in the glove compartment or through in my backpack that I dont have to worry about. Using Evoscan is a bonus but I'm not worried about that.

That EvoPPC was perfect until it stopped working properly. It scan codes, cleared it, flashed and logged.
I bought an asus 10" windows tablet and it flashes perfect came with a keyboard and I can charge + data anytime with the supplied cables even has a full size usb port and a micro port.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I a Asus T-100 and I was having issues with the tablet seeing the cable. I thought it was the tab so I gave it to my daughter. Bought a HP Stream and realized it was the cable. Bought a cable....been working fine.

I have been using a Nexus 7 for my car radio so it would be cool if I could use the app on the Nexus so I dont have to carry 2 different devices.....but for now I'll deal.