Notices
ECU Flash

AC issues. Proof to show the weirdness. I think its a ECU/ROM prob

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AC issues. Proof to show the weirdness. I think its a ECU/ROM prob

I posted about this issue a while ago here: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ms-2-fold.html

Got sidelined with a severe oil issue. Long story short got the car back and the issues is still there.

In that thread there is one other person with an issue like mine. He flashed a freshly built map I believe and his problem when away. I haven't tried that yet since my tactrix cable is fubar. My replacement will be here tomorrow but I figured I'd post up some more info that might help me get some assistance from the big brains on here.

A local friend of mine wired up a light to show when the compressor is kicking on and what its doing while its on and when it turns off. The compressor doesn't turn on until the car is in motion about 10 mph and turns off again once its below 10-15 mph. Whatever is going on is speed related. Also its supposed to cycle while its on and on the highway it only tuned off for a few seconds once at 60-80 mph sustained for about 5-10 minutes. When I got the car back there was pretty much no refrigerant in the system and going about 70 mph made the car temps climb significantly and took a while for them to go back to normal. This was also a problem I experienced earlier but yesterday on the hwy the temps seem pretty solid.....might've moved the needle a bit (or it could've been in my head since i was expecting it go up). Not sure if that issue is resolved but I think this is all part of the same issue.

I have the same Koyo rad (barely used), car is freshly build all fluids new. This isn't a halfcut rad or fluid thing. It seems to be electrical/ECU/ROM/Speed related.

I'm going to post this is in the ecuflash section to see if anyone can help there as well.

Anyway here is the video showing the compressor doesn't turn on when the car is stationary and turns off when its coming to a stop.

Any ideas?
Old Aug 10, 2015, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

It was the Rom. Copied tuner settings to a fresh base map. AC worked fine while parked in the garage.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
I was going to say your aircon compressor settings were probably clobbered when tuning with an incorrect definition.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Seemed fine. The biggest frustration was getting someone to believe what was happening on not blame it on the front facing turbo setup that necessitated a half cut radiator. I'm glad it was this because I would know where to go next.