Notices

Flex Fuel testing in TephraXMOD V3

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2015, 04:45 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by psfp
Amazing job.

Is there any possibility to get the ethanol content signal through the rear o2 input?
yup, the latest build has input selection, so if you have a rear02 spare you can use that for flex..

Originally Posted by jamdread

yep but its a work in progress hehe
Old Nov 18, 2015, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello: It looks like you are very busy with this, I hope you're not getting bothered too much with the same questions. I have been reading your threads on the flex fuel for the evo X. I have an '08 gsr that I'm building up. I live in Vancouver, Canada we just got our first and only ethanol gas station and I'm currently running E15 with an ECA and gauge; I have to mix the fuel by hand each fill-up! I'd really like to get set up with a flex fuel solution for the X. I have a cobb V3 AP but would switch in a heart beat (its great, but no flex fuel capability at present).
I understand you are busy, but any info is appreciated to get me pointed in the right direction. I'm not in a terrible hurry as the car is currently in the shop with its head off waiting for a new head gasket and bigger turbo!
Anyway, I'd be happy to contribute for the software +/- a hardware package.
thanks for your time,
John
PS
I'm guessing that I will need to get the tephra mod(s) "package/suite"? for the X starting from scratch and update to the current version? ie Tephra and Cobb won't work together on the same car. I only used the cobb for different octane +/- Meth +/- Ethanol maps
PPS i tried this as a PM but you can't receive anymore
Old Nov 18, 2015, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by JEDMESTON
Hello: It looks like you are very busy with this, I hope you're not getting bothered too much with the same questions. I have been reading your threads on the flex fuel for the evo X. I have an '08 gsr that I'm building up. I live in Vancouver, Canada we just got our first and only ethanol gas station and I'm currently running E15 with an ECA and gauge; I have to mix the fuel by hand each fill-up! I'd really like to get set up with a flex fuel solution for the X. I have a cobb V3 AP but would switch in a heart beat (its great, but no flex fuel capability at present).
I understand you are busy, but any info is appreciated to get me pointed in the right direction. I'm not in a terrible hurry as the car is currently in the shop with its head off waiting for a new head gasket and bigger turbo!
Anyway, I'd be happy to contribute for the software +/- a hardware package.
thanks for your time,
John
PS
I'm guessing that I will need to get the tephra mod(s) "package/suite"? for the X starting from scratch and update to the current version? ie Tephra and Cobb won't work together on the same car. I only used the cobb for different octane +/- Meth +/- Ethanol maps
PPS i tried this as a PM but you can't receive anymore
You can't use the cobb with an opensource tune. You must unmarry the cobb from your car, flash in the tehpra v3 base tune and tune your car from there or have a pro tuner tune the car for you. the ECA must be hooked up and installed based on the directions on tephra website.

http://www.tephra.it/v3/
Old Nov 19, 2015, 10:26 AM

thanks

Originally Posted by kaganader2
You can't use the cobb with an opensource tune. You must unmarry the cobb from your car, flash in the tehpra v3 base tune and tune your car from there or have a pro tuner tune the car for you. the ECA must be hooked up and installed based on the directions on tephra website.

http://www.tephra.it/v3/
perfect
Old Nov 28, 2015, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

How would this affect the tune using V3 ?
Old Nov 29, 2015, 08:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by jracer
E85 flex fuel sensor testing - YouTube
cool.

the ECU will use the data provided by the flex fuel sensor... if it gives bad data (due to contamination) then... ECU/V3 cant do much about it.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 10:38 PM

E85 flex fuel sensor testing - YouTube
Originally Posted by tephra
cool.

the ECU will use the data provided by the flex fuel sensor... if it gives bad data (due to contamination) then... ECU/V3 cant do much about it.
Just make interpolation between Ethanol content from 85%-100% equal to the same value. So no change in data modifications of injectors global, latencies, timing, boost etc
Old Nov 30, 2015, 02:35 AM
EvoM Guru

after watching the video with sound (and no CC's lol) it would have been nice if he had done E50 + some water... so that we can see what it reads.

thats really your most dangerous gotcha, being that you will have a low E fuel, but the sensor reads high..

also, i reckon that this can be fixed by having a gauge.. if you have E34 in the tank, and you go and put pump in and it reads higher, then you know you got a dose of water.. so a good checks'n'balances type thing...
Old Nov 30, 2015, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
um, did this make its way on to accessport? tephra, if it's your work, hope you got paid.

Last edited by momostallion; Nov 30, 2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Srsly tho, can i be a test mule for flex fuel? I need an e85 tune by Jan for Nasa TT3!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 09:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
Srsly tho, can i be a test mule for flex fuel? I need an e85 tune by Jan for Nasa TT3!
you dont need flex fuel for that. just switch to e85 then add flex fuel if you want it later when available.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
Test mules are done already, passed alpha, beta done, its out for release
Old Nov 30, 2015, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

When will V3 be ready for public ?
Old Nov 30, 2015, 08:30 PM

When will V3 be ready for public ?
it already is...
Old Dec 1, 2015, 01:30 AM
EvoM Guru

no its not...

i have results coming today for the CANBUS integration - if it signed off, then...

Quick Reply: Flex Fuel testing in TephraXMOD V3