Notices
ECU Flash

Stock turbo E85 tune, can someone help out?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock turbo E85 tune, can someone help out?

I was hoping maybe someone with similar mods could send me a tune to flash into my car. I realize I will have to fine tune it but it sure beats starting from scratch.

A quick run down of the car:

2005 With stock turbo
Halman mbc (plan to run 28-30 psi)
FIC 1100cc high impedence injectors
Stock Evo 8 maf
E85
Walbro 255
Vrsf fmic with piping and tial qr
Kelford 272s
3" turbo back with dump

My email is dsmdave99@yahoo.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Last edited by EvilDSM97; Oct 8, 2015 at 05:25 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Look in the "Lets see your timing maps" thread.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 07:01 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
You'll never find that here, in subie land we shared base roms all the time , in evo land its forbidden ... No idea why

You're going to have to compile your own Rom. Like evo8426 said , there is a thread with timing maps abundant just look through the thread and read the comments .

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Oct 9, 2015 at 07:03 AM.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Do you plan on running tephra or a stock rom?
Old Oct 9, 2015, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

You can definitely do it yourself from scratch with research. Timing maps thread is a good start. Make sure you have enough fuel to start with then lean it out / make sure to watch your AFR and get out of it if it goes leaner than you want. Keep the maps smooth.

Find injector scaling values and start with that first.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
You will get better help from people if you attempt to do it yourself and just ask questions as you are tuning, but I doubt anyone will send you a map and that would be rather dangerous to do anyway. Otherwise pay a tuner to do it.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Didn't even think to mention that some tuners would probably just send you a base map to get you started. Ask them about it if you ever plan to post anything from their base map to ask questions about as you're tuning though... Example would be if you don't change their timing map from their base map at all and post it to ask about adding timing in a certain area.

Many probably use such generic things in their base map that they don't care but you never know without asking.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the replies guys.
Yeah I was basically looking for a base tune to start from. I realize it will need to be tweaked.
Myself and a friend are tuning the car and both have experience tuning with dsmlink but obviously this is a different animal here. We get the general idea of it, but it's definitely a learning curve.
So far we have put my 1100s in the car and changed scaling and latency. We were hoping to load base tune into the car and then work from that, but if we have to start from scratch it isn't a huge deal just maybe a little more time consuming and we are running out of time as I want to race the car at import face off this Sunday. I tend to wait for the last minute on everything and waited until now to put my injectors in and e85 tune it lol.
I really appreciate the advice and links given thus far.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

This has proven to be a little more difficult than expected but I am making progress at least.
Right now I am trying to get the car running on TephraMod v7 to utilize the rear o2 simulation add-on because I am using my rear o2 signal for my NGK AGX which only has an analog connection.

I also learned that injector scaling needs to be turned down a bit more than what I used. I came up with a value of 1008 originally for my FIC 1100's, but after more research tonight I'm reading it should actually be somewhere around 680 due to the fact I'm running E85. My wideband was reading really lean at idle and cruising conditions (like 15.8 type lean!) so I need to change that scaling tomorrow along with the latency values and start working on my fuel trims and go from there.

Last edited by EvilDSM97; Oct 10, 2015 at 09:53 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

If you just wanted to get the car running for an event you could just force open loop and tune WOT even if injector scaling isn't correct. You would need to redo your tune after you fix your scaling of course. You might end up with a strange VE or fuel map but it could work in a hurry where only WOT is concerned. You most likely can Google and find scaling and latencies for your injectors that are very close to start with though.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 02:13 PM
Evolving Member

I was able to get my Low LTFT's and Mid LTFT's pretty decent today. From there I tried doing WOT pulls to work on the fuel map and timing map but the car breaks up a lot although my AF's don't look bad enough to where the car should break up. At around 4500rpm it seems to completely fall on its face and then my laptop loses connection to Evoscan and stops logging. This happens every time I try to make a pull and log, so it's making it impossible to get a full WOT pull log from the car.

Here's some data, but there isn't very much to go by because the computer gets to that point where the car falls on its face and then loses connection. I'm not sure what is going on. This is all on stock TephraV7 fuel and timing maps for a Evo VIII with stock Maf.

Also worth noting that my TPS reads 86.7 at WOT.
Attached Files

Last edited by EvilDSM97; Oct 11, 2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

TPS needs adjusted but that shouldn't have anything to do with what you're saying is happening. I've had a lot of stuff happen in the middle of logging pulls and I never had an interruption of data logging. If it's breaking up bad new plugs like the BPR8 gapped to 020 would normally be what I would think but I'm wondering if you don't have an electrical issue because Evoscan should not stop logging as long as there is power. Don't keep doing WOT pulls until you figure it out.

What's your AFR and what's your timing at around 4500? That's probably not relevant to your problem but it's worth going ahead and mentioning to see if it seems like a good starting point for your tune.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Right around 11.1-11.9. Voltage drops from 14.07 to around 13.9 right around 4500rpms when the car disconnects, is that typical?

Edit* Also noticed in these later logs my LTFT Mids were at -5.3. They were as close as -2.53 before. My LTFT Lows are at -0.58

Last edited by EvilDSM97; Oct 11, 2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvilDSM97
Right around 11.1-11.9. Voltage drops from 14.07 to around 13.9 right around 4500rpms when the car disconnects, is that typical?

Edit* Also noticed in these later logs my LTFT Mids were at -5.3. They were as close as -2.53 before. My LTFT Lows are at -0.58
It's normal. I'm guessing it's from the extra draw from injectors and fuel pump. Mine stays around 14 or 14.1 and will drop down towards 13.7 or so at times. At least to 13.8. Your injector scaling seems good. Can fine tune some with MAF scaling now if you want but not really necessary if you're staying without +-5 or so.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

Have you checked for boost leaks?

Quick Reply: Stock turbo E85 tune, can someone help out?